Direct Medical Network Solutions Complaints & Reviews

Direct Medical Network SolutionsThis company is very evasive and dishonest

Do not give this company your money! They are huge liars. They make you believe that you are getting a great deal on insurance and charge you a $135 enrollment fee. Then they charge you a fairly expensive monthly fee (but less than other insurance companies charge). They were charging me $180 per month because I wanted to have maternity coverage. Since I did not go to the doctor very much, I barely used it. I had a $500 "deductible" per year, so I didn't think I was meeting the deductible when I went for a physical once a year.
One day, I had back flank pain, so I went to the doctor, and later, had a cat scan on my kidneys. Then I had to see a specialist twice and have another x-ray. I had about $5000 in medical bills. I gave the providers my "insurance", and thought all was well. A couple of months later, I began getting bills from all of the providers with the full amounts due. I called, and the hospital and doctor's offices said that they never heard anything from my insurance company, and that they never answered their phone or responded to mail. I started trying to call the company, left multiple messages, and had no luck. Finally, I canceled my "policy" online because no one would ever return my calls. Then, someone from the company called me. I missed the call.
Finally, one hospital got a letter from a company called Careington, and the hospital thought it was an agreement to pay. It was not. It was some other garbage. But, I called Careington, and the man from that company told me that Direct Med offers medical discounts. THEY DON'T PAY FOR ANYTHING! He told me that they get hospitals to give people discounts and that the discounts bring the hospital business. What? So the hospital agrees to lose money? That is not what I was told when I purchased. I was told that this company offers insurance at a lower rate because they piggy-back people on policies for large companies such as GE or Kraft Foods.
Here is what I don't get, why didn't anyone ever tell any of my providers that they didn't pay insurance claims? The company either ignored my providers, or they gave them the run-around. Also, it was awfully funny that all my providers were on their list when I purchased, but then when I used my "coverage", I was out of network. Not "we are not insurance and we don't pay, " but "out of network". It was just one lie after another. Do not buy anything that says Direct Medical Network Solutions, Beech Street, or Careington! The Careington guy was most helpful, but any company that would affiliate itself with Direct Med or Beech Street is slime!

Direct Medical Network SolutionsScam and lies

Was contacted by Direct Medical network solutions or US Health Benefits Group. They have 2 different names. Wanted me to sign up with 3-5 days to cancel. I canceled the second day and they would not give me my full refund back on my credit card. Michael Parker is supposedly some sort of supervisor at this company but the way his skills are at talking to customers needs to be looked at. I am a fire and rescue chief and own my own business on the side. After I tell all my customers and fire and rescue personnel about this we will make sure it's well known in our community. I am also on the Board of Directors in our community and I will make sure this is brought up at our next meeting. This company is going to lose a lot more money than my refund would have cost them.

• Se
    seemaruby Nov 30, 2012

medical discount direct cheat honest ppl and keep their money
    hi ppl this company is ### and nothing they gave us lots of promises that they will perform breast reduction and lifting surgery for $3000.00 and i found that good deal which i could not fing anywhere else .i tried all places where other were offering this surgery for 10, 000.00 and above so i thought wow its good price and i am on SSI disable person cuz my insurance could not cover so i thought of taking that offer .I asked her for info about her medical group but she sent me her doctor certificate and stuff which did not satisfy my need of knowing them before going to san diego .first she said come to airport on san diego and our car wil pick you and we have 3 days hotel accomodation for you guys.and i thought i am going to san diego and after a month when i asked her that wil you perform the surgury same day she said oh no, you wil come to san diego airport and from there we wil take you to mexico.and right after hearing this i figured that something is fishy is going on. but by the time i realized that she had already taken my account number which she said she need to hold my surgery price. i asked other doctors about this issue they said there are some black marketing of surgery going on so be careful . and i called gloria scebrrace, to returned me my money that we are not coming but she said no we can't do that and stuff .

Direct Medical Network SolutionsRip off

This company told me after I signed up that I could cancel in 3-5 days. I canceled the second day. Would not refund my money. I was told that they had providers in my area. After I signed up and paid, I found out the closest provider was in the next state!! When I called to cancel, they asked why. I told them about the providers being a state away and they had nothing to say. Do not recommend this company to anyone! Michael Parker is a customer service supervisor. He's the last person I talked to and he was totally rude!

• Mi
    M in Richmond May 01, 2009

Wish I had seen your complaint before I sent them my money. They lied to me too. I gave them the names of my doctors to check their list and they put me on hold, said they checked and that they were all approved providers. It's taken us 3 months to find out that they were lying. I can hardly wait to see this company go down.

M in Richmond

• Ki
    K in Angier Oct 19, 2009

Contacted today and they wanted me to sign up immediately. I told them I needed to talk to my husband first to give me time to check them out. When I asked them where I could go to check what Rx were covered and to check physicians out, all I was told that all medications were covered in one of their tiers and that over 50, 000 physicans worldwide. This is not what I wanted to see. Thanks to the above complaints, I think I'll look elsewhere.

K in Angier

• Ki
    K in Angier Oct 19, 2009

Contacted today and wanted me to sign up immediately. I told him that I had to reach my husband first and after talking to my husband, I checked the company out. Glad I did. Now I know why he would not tell me where to find a list of prescriptions (only told me that all prescriptions were covered under one tier); and wen asked about physicians that accepted, could not find this out either. All this made me suspecious to I decided to check out. Thanks

K at Angier

• Ps
    psgd10man Dec 20, 2010

I too got screwed by Direct Med. I cancelled after about 6 months because during that short time, I noticed the "Service Administrator" changed twice, with the third one showing on my bank statement as being in Beirut Lebanon. That's when I knew they were a fraud. I bought their insurance after my Cal-Cobra expired. They never represented this as a substitute for major medical insurance, just a plan that has worked with providers for "discounts" off their regular charges. They don't actually pay out anything to providers. The main purpose of this plan seems to be for things like motel discounts, rental car discounts, etc... I checked online for my doctor, local hospital, and local labs. Every one was listed. Well, my doctor did take the card because it was Beech Street network, but office visits were $10 more than he charges if you have no insurance. In Feb 2010, I was hospitalized for 8 days. The local hospital wouldn't use this coverage, partly because they already give local residents a discount larger than with Direct Med. I am also unemployed, and that qualified me for a charity that paid my hospital bill. I was supposed to get a blood test every 2 weeks after that. I called Direct Med for labs in my area, and was told that there were none within 30 miles of me, even though they were listed when I first enrolled, and I live in a city with a large regional hospital and big medical support community.

My biggest problem with them is the supplemental insurance. That is where they pay you for covered body part losses, certain surgical procedures, and hospital stays. I am supposed to get $500/day for 7 of the 8 days I was in the hospital. This policy is like the AFLAC policy you see on TV (except AFLAC actually pays out benefits). After a month of trying to get a claim form from Direct Med, I finally called the US Life Insurance company (actually it is American General, part of the AIG group that got a federal bailout and then gave their execs multi-million dollar bonuses and expensive outings) and they sent me a claim form. I filled it out with the authorizations to release my hospital and doctor records to them for review. So I don't hear from them for a month and I call. They say they need more info and send me a letter saying they need all my pharmacy and doctor records for the 12 months prior to my hospitalization. So I send them the info with signed authorizations. After a month or so, no word. I call, they say that they are still waiting for the 4 providers to send info. Well, I called the 3 pharmacies and 1 doctor, and they ALL said they never received any request. Ok, I called Am General back and talked to a supervisor. She asked me to get fax numbers for the providers and she would fax the requests to them. I faxed her the info and checked a couple weeks later with the providers, and AGAIN, all 4 said they never got any request. So I contacted all 4 and got the records myself and FedEx'd them to the supervisor and they received it in early October. On Friday 12/7/10, I called to check status and was told that they have the info and he would EXPEDITE the claim through the review board. Well, no word again. I called again on 12/17/2010 and spoke again to a "supervisor", although not the one from before (how many supervisors do they need?). She said I delayed in getting this additional info to them and it only arrived in early Dec. I have the FedEx tracking info saying they received it on Oct 11th. So I am now sitting here with no job, no insurance, high medical maintenance costs I can't afford, so I don't get the treatments I need. At the end of the month I will be homeless (or check out completely) because these jerks can't get my claim settled in time.

My advice: DO NOT GET ANY OF THESE SO-CALLED DISCOUNT MEDICAL PLANS. DON'T DEAL WITH DIRECT-MED. DON'T DEAL WITH AMERICAN GENERAL, UNITED STATES LIFE, OR ANY AIG COMPANY. YOU WILL GET SCREWED