Dentawhite Complaints & Reviews

DentawhiteWon't issue refund!!!!!

My husband purchased this "free trial" item in December 09 unbeknownst to me. If I had known he wanted to do this I would have stopped him! A co-worked had warned me of the difficulty she had. Anyway, I sent everything back certified mail, they received it and told me I would be getting a refund of $92.37. I called back in the middle of January and was told it would be 30 days. So, on February 19th, 2010 I called to say that the credit hadn't been received. I was told by a supervisor named "Jason" badge# 4803, that the merchant account that they used, Online Shop/Cardflex was closed. So, what did that mean to me? Well, I could continue to wait for my refund (no approx. date given) or have my bank dispute the charge and reverse it but I had to do the legwork!! Well, that got my goat! I got on a conference call with my bank and they informed that they needed something in writing from the company telling me to do this. When I asked them to email me this form so I could start the process I was told it might not be until Monday. So, that told me right there that there wasn't a form prepared or any type of contingency plan for when a merchant account closes. I truly believe that they are hoping people will just forget about their money because they make it so difficult for you that you just give up!! Well, I'm not and I am sending a report to the MN Attorney Generals office. I suggest everybody do the same in their state.
What a scam!!

Help Max Mar 08, 2010

Do you still need to get a hold of Denta White?

If you would like to talk to someone about it their number is 866-982-5126 and their hours are 6:00 am to 4:00 pm pst, 9:00 am to 7:00 pm est. If you are having a problem with the product or your order you should call customer service first to see if you can get the issue resolved.

If you don’t want to call in you can go to their website, www.white-smiles.com, and input your information and click submit. From here you can cancel your account or check the status of your cancellation. You can cancel at any time. If you want to return a product, call customer service for information.

DentawhiteUnauthorized Charges-Rip Off

Ordered this and another product after seeing recommendations from a local social network. Since this and the other product both operated the same and unethically, I think the social networking was also a con.

But I ordered the product for $.99 free trial- 10 days. Received the product 10 days after ordering- order 10/18- received 10/28. On 10/21 I ws charged $.99. On 10/26/09 I was charged $92.37. On 10/27/09 I was charged $ 92.37.

When I called I received a really unpleasant younger sounding man who was combative from the opening of the call. He stated I received the product on 10/24 according to the post office and I must have left it in my mail box.
Then "Did you use it?- Did you use it?- How do you know you don't want it...etc." I explained in a not very pleasant way I felt ripped off and even if the product was great I wouldn't do business with a company like this. Many unpleasant exchanges took place, he refused to let me speak with a supervisor, refused to issue a credit for the two erroneous charges of $ 92.37 each, and just kept saying why didn't you read all the details of the offer. You have to pay $ 92.37 10 days after YOUR ORDER DATE whether we ship the product or not. I asked for his supervisor when it was clear I was getting no where acceptable. "It is my job to keep calls like this from my supervisor- I should handle these calls- what do you want to say to my supervisor" etc. Then he said he had sent an e-mail return authorization to me and I had to return the product to get a credit for ONE $ 92.37. I said alright let's wait for the e-mail to arrive. My server is quick as I usually do business this way- it never takes long. After about 15 minutes on hold- he kept saying did you check e-mail yet- did you, did you, it did not come. After about 10 minutes he put me on hold as the phone went silent and after about 30 seconds I found I was disconnected. It is now 30-45 minutes later and no e-mail- no return authorization.

This company is really just in the money business and their product quality does not matter. Beware of dealing with rip offs like this and letting them have access to your charge or debit card numbers.

helplink Nov 06, 2009

If you have problems, the first thing is to call customer service. To contact Denta White customer service call them at (866) 982-5126.

Dentawhite&Hidden Charges&Mislead Advertising

Ordered "free" trial sample, agreed pay shipping...and then started receiving "monthly" subscriptions. They say it's in the "fine print" somewhere on the site. Well it should have been more obvious if it is; certainly it was obvious re having to pay for the shipping. Tried calling; that's a joke. Product shipped to me from a shipping depo here in Canada, but ordered online (E-Shopping) from their web site. They were hand-in-hand with another dental product...same thing, but at least I was able to get through, speak with a real "human" and cancel any further orders.

I've put in a complaint to the Better Business Bureau (from Canada, however, they've transferred it through to BBB in Dover where the website address is located). Told them I also had concerns about the privacy of my "personally identifiable info"; if they weren't above board about sucking us in for a product, well...it raises other concerns. Suggested they might want to have the Privacy Office look into the security of their web site and how they handle consumer information.

helplink Oct 05, 2009

To contact DentaWhite customer service call them at (866) 982-5126. If you did not understand that it was auto-ship order, return the product for a full refund. Call customer service and they will give you all the details.

DentawhiteScam charges

My dispute with DentaWhite began in June when I ordered a “sample” of their product. I received a plain white box of their product in the mail, no printing or identifying markings so I assumed it was the sample I had ordered. Then when my credit card bill arrived there was a charge for $78.37 for a months supply of DentaWhite. I called on 6/29/09. explained that I had only ordered a sample and thus assumed that what I received was that sample. I was told that in ordering the sample I had not unchecked the auto delivery form so I was sent the product. I told the person I felt this was a very deceptive practice and she told me the best she could do was reduce the cost to $40.00. Since I had apparently failed to uncheck the auto ship when I ordered the sample I agreed and was told that I had been removed from the auto ship list.

Then on 8/10/09 I received a package in the mail which had nothing that would identify it as DentaWhite unless one recognized the address. After opening the package I checked the charges on my card and found they had hit me for another $40.00. I called the company and spoke to what sounded like a young lady. I told her that I had canceled any further orders and she checked and said “that strange” I see where you called on June 29th and canceled but since you accepted a refund you were told you would have to call back by July something to cancel any further shipments. I told her I had been told no such thing and we went on about thing they said I was told and agreed to. After more questioning I was told that whoever I had spoken to originally had been fired. So, I ask to speak to the supervisor and finally got a man named John who repeated the same claims.

I finally told him I had not ordered the product or agreed to accept more orders and I would not pay the charges for the product.

I then boxed the product up and returned it to the company as per enclosed proof of delivery.

helplink Sep 10, 2009

Everything is refundable except the original shipping, read the terms and conditions. Call 866.982.5126 for customer service. Just don't wait till it is past the time you can return the product.

• Cl
    clever cookie Oct 13, 2009

Garbage. You are a scam. I have reported you to the Attorney General and also reported you for mail fraud. My bank is also investigating you!

helplink Nov 06, 2009

helplink Nov 09, 2009

If you have problems, the first thing is to call customer service. To contact DentaWhite customer service, call them at (866) 982-5126.

You do not have to go through customer service to cancel your account, or to see if you are already canceled. Just go to the website http://white-smiles.com/ and scroll all the way to the bottom and to the right, and click on "Cancel Your Product". If you are an active customer, you will be able to cancel. If you are not an active customer, you will see when your account was canceled.

If you would still want to talk to customer service, call them at 866 982-5126.

If you are on the west coast, call them early in the morning. They would be open 6:00 am to 4:00 pm.
    If you are on the east coast, call them later in the day. They would be open 9:00 am to 7:00 pm

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices