Dental Care Yes Complaints & Reviews

Dental Care YesAWFUL!

I paid ontime every month, more than what was required. I submitted a online Echeck for the payoff amount early March 2010. My account was not due to be paid off until July 2010. I had a 23.10% APR!!
I received notification that the Echeck was accepted and approved. About a week later I received a bill from them saying that I still owed 1 Cent! I called and they said not to worry about it that they would have it taken off the account. April 9th they call and say that the check bounced and now the account is overdue and there is a outrageous fee for a bounce check. All of my bank records show that it never HIT!!! I never even received a fee from my bank. NOT TO MENTION I have enough in my checking to cover the check and I have over draft protection from my savings account, the check would have cleared no matter what.
So not only are they tacking on the late fee and bounce fee but this is going on my credit history!!
I honestly think the whole thing is a scam because I am paying my account off early and they are going to lose money because of it.
How do you fight back these snake companies!?!

Dental Care YesBogus late fees

I originally "borrowed" $800 and I was supposed to have been given a 0% APR. Everything was fine until 2 months in when I didn't receive a bill. The company called me and requested payment. I told them I never received an invoice. Because I "missed" a payment, I was charged a $10 late fee and the APR went up to 28.88%. Another month I mailed in my payment 7 days before it was due. I received a call from the company saying they never received my payment and they were issuing a late fee!! The entire time I've lived at my current residence, I've never had any other bill not arrive OR been notified that my sent payment wasn't received. This company is a scam - not mailing statements and claiming they didn't receive payments only to increase the APR to a ridiculous rate and to charge exhorbitant late fees.

• Mi
        MIKY27 Jan 29, 2010

I think I'm being scamed by this dental company too!!!

• Pr
        protecturself Feb 11, 2010

I am being scammed also! I have sent certified letters requesting a itemized review of my account and I have yet to receive anything. I will not make any additional payments until my account has updated to reflect the correct balance!

Dental Care YesHarassment and Increased APR

I was one day late on my payment and the collection phone calls started. I was only one day late!!! Ive always made my payments on time and always paid way over what was required. They called me everyday (during the holidays) for the next four days until I was able to make a payment online. Thats called harassment. They also increased my APR to 97.70% when before it was 0% Ive only had this loan for 5 months. They are criminals and Im going to pay them in full NOW before they rob me of more money.

• Fo
          Former Credit Yes Customer Feb 21, 2010

I had my loan with them for two months. I paid both bills on time. As a matter of fact, I paid both bills early. After the second month, they said I "defaulted" because I did not pay on time. They raised my APR from 0% to some outrages amount. They won't talk to you on the phone. They are scammers. The bills after two months had rediculous monthly payment amounts on them and the billing amounts made no sense. I just paid the amount I should have paid and had to get a lawyer to get them to take the negative credit off of my credit bureau record.

• Ne
          never again dental care yes Mar 31, 2010

They are ridiculous!!! They don't always send you a statement AND when they send you their notice, they give you 3 days to pay, but it's postmarked on the day its due so obviously my account is past due. They are rude on the phone and don't "notate" the account like they say they will on the phone. I sent a certified letter and they don't know where to locate the letter. I'm going to pay the account before interest starts accruing even more although I don't want to pay at all. Anyone know what else to do? I told them I'm not paying on the phone and the guy was rude to me. I hate this place.

• Ro
          Rose Jensen Feb 05, 2011

I have had the same problems with this company. My granddaughter need to have some dental work done and asked me if I would cosign for her to get the credit card that they have there in the dental office. I suggested for her to do a little work at a time and pay as she goes. But I guess the dental office which I think may work with the DCY and made her think her teeth were going to fall out of her head if she didn't do the work right now. She begged me and felt she would have no problem making the monthly payment. So I thought that it would also help her to establish her a credit line. But after all was set up, come to find out they but me on as the card holder and not her. So I talked to the dental office and they said they would resubmit the change to DCY . So later on after the 1st statement came I saw that it had not been corrected. So I called DCY and they said it was to late and there wasn't anyway to change it. So every month the call comes in and I call my grandchild to remind her of the payment and every time they want more and more payment amount. They just told me that there is the late fee and now that there is a higher interest fee. So when I said there wasn't anything in my contract that states that, he then puts me on hold (to go check something I guess) then comes back and says if i pay now they will remove the late fee, so like a stupied I did and gave them my credit card over the phone. I told him to lose the # after the one transaction. He insured me it is. But last night when I went to check my account on line the first thing that popped up was all the bad scams that that has been posted. The very first one said (don't pay them anything Mykiel works for Dental Care Yes and he is a scam artist.) I was just floored of all that I have been reading. I am so scared of what they will try next. Having a sit down real talk with grandchild.

Dental Care YesLowering Monthly payments

Customer service is horrible. Their representatives are lazy and incompetent. If you have a complaint you get no where. My advice don't call around lunch time because they are so worried about what they are going to have for lunch. One rep forgot she took me off the mute button and started talking about strawberry shortcake. The next thing I know I was disconnected. Tried to call back was put on hold, disconnected, given numbers to call the Dept myself instead of being transferred, and was told someone would call me back. When someone did it was late in the evening when I was in noposition to discuss the matter. At this point I still have not resolved the issue. Think twice before you sign up.

• Be
            Betty S. Sep 03, 2009

I have been unemployed since November of 2008. I have a single mom and on a really tight budget. My payments to went up where they weren't suppose to be. 2 years ago they worked with me and lowered my payments before I was laid off, it still proved to be horrible. The Mikhail call me July 31st made arrangements for me to pay $125 at the time and lower my payments to $52 a month. At the time I had no choice even though I had a family member on hospice and dies 2 days later. Now when I came time for me to pay the $52 a month they don't want that. They say it was a miscommunication, even though I wrote down everything that was said. My suggestion, is if you have a conversation with them, record it. This way you have evidence of their faulty practices. I am in the process of contacting an attorney on this because of their misleading practices.

Betty Sauser
            San Diego

Dental Care YesLies, Harrasement, Don't work with you

I thought I was going to pay $90 per month for my crowns. However, after the initial payment of $90, the minimum payment went up to $200. I was not working and had expected to be employed soon. My husband was working, we thought we could afford the $90. But when the payment went up to $200, we tried to get the company to lower the payment, telling them that we can't afford that. They told us to "borrow" the money from someone. They also put 2 different procedures into 2 separate payments. I understood that I would make ONE payment for both procedures. The company NEVER writes down what my husband or I told them, they called EVERYDAY, sometimes twice. My husband would talk to them, and the very next day they were calling again! If your dentist offers you this solution, DON'T DO IT! You will regret it. They have threatened to garnish my husbands wages. We can't afford to buy food and they want to take more money! I am so sorry that I signed up for this.

Dental Care Yes — Scam

Dental Care Yes (SCAM)Do not pay them anything. They will take your money and run. Phone Numbers (877...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices