Deals Complaints & Reviews

DealsAbusive Management

I was shopping in the Deals store at 10550 S Cicero Ave store 3500. I was having a very friendly conversation with the cashier Patti. When I witnessed the most deplorable humiliating and degrading conversation I have ever heard in public between a member of management and an employee. The Manager Lynn asked Patti if she wanted to leave after she was finished with the line. Patti nicely replied yes and continue to assist me. About 2 minutes later Lynn returned complaining about the recovery of the store and that there would be hell for Patti if anyone complained. Tears were welling up in Patti's eyes as she continued to provide exceptional customer service. I told her that I would never treat my employees that way and that her Manager should be reprimanded for that. Lynn overheard me and called across the store what did you say? I told her that she should be ashamed of herself for treating her employee in that manner. She then went on to rant about how Patti was not a good employee and I should only know...Tears were running down this employees face however she never said a word. I find this to be abusive and bullying on the part of the Manager who should be fired for this practice.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

DealsFired over a box of chicken?!

I worked for this company for about 6 months, I was an excellent employee i came in EVERY single time i was called in(beacuse no one else would), all of my work was for lack of a better word PERFECT.A box of chicken and some juice was accidentally mis rung one day and all hell broke lose, the managers were freaking out like i just walked off with a million dollar painting or something.Myself the customer and another employee offered to pay what was misrung but they stated is was too serious of an act, They threatned to call the police and claimed they have me right on camera taking a box of chicken for myself when the customer is the one who walked out with it.I was suspended with no further notice just a "oh we'll contact you whenever we feel like it".Two weeks later I was still not contacted, so i finally called, apologized again for this HUGE misunderstanding and they said your fired for stealing chicken.This all happened 8 days before Christmas...Any person wanting to work for this company or is already an employee.WATCH OUT! Its the perfect place that hard work doesnt pay off.

Comment Guidelines

2 Responses
      • Ni
        NiceCustomer Jun 15, 2013

a. A month ago I went to this store to make a purchase and found lots of containers (in 1 aisle) with a white powdery substance all over the container. I told the manager.

b.Found 9 very dented cans at the store, and interacted with an extremely rude and unprofessional asst store manager (Hector) who also lied to me (claiming he was manager and that there was no other person in the company that he ever talks to (In upper management) so I wouldn't be able to get any other name, etc.

This store is terrible, because the management seems to think that the customers in my community can be fed toxic food, and to make matters worst, then be rude to me/us. I have photographs of the cans.

• Na
        Nancy Jones Dec 07, 2008

My email is [email protected] I have several unathorized withdraws Deals [protected]/29 Deals 34.73, Elite-PDM.com 9/2/08 2.48 and 11/17/08 19.82, Discount savings club 9/17/08 1.00, Discount Travel &Le 9/17/08 1.00, TGL*shopping 10/31/08 12.99 and12/2/08 12.99, keyhealth savings.com 10/17/08 19.82, faud protection 12/2/08 4.95, googlesuccesskit 11/18/08 1.00 and 11/26/08 11.95 and I was not asked or contacted by any of the withdrawes I count it on my withdraw statement from my bank. I noticed the activity starting in Sept. and thought it would stop, but It hasn't thank you for looking into this manner. Nancy Jones [protected] Crimson Dr. Lockport Illinois 60441