DCS Complaints & Reviews

DCSRude, Unwilling to help, Abusive

Spoke with a Frank (will not give last name) and Monica Hall and they are two of the rudest people I have ever spoken to. Not only was I on hold for an hour!!! When I finally got a representative the greeting consisted of "Frank" I said hello, he said "yeah Frank" then proceeded to not assistance in any of my questions and stated I could speak to my representative Monica Hall who was no better. I asked for a breakdown on my account said doesn't have it and can request which would take 4 weeks, then said oh well what do you want me to do pull it from a hat. Extremely rude and abusive.

DCSStudent Loan Collections

I was contacted by DCS to get information on repayment because student loans are in default. I explained to the very nasty representative that I have not worked since January 2011 when I went on maternity leave. She said I don't care that you are not working and go beg from your family to help you pay your student loan. I then told her that if I were going to beg, it would be to pay household bills that are falling behind. She began ranting about me not being unemployed the rest of my life, and who ever I had a baby by should be supporting me, so ask him to pay my student loans. She was just plain old nasty. After she said all of that, I asked her for a donation and she declined.

• Dr
    Dr G Feb 03, 2012

Who the F--k do you think you are telling her off and calling her names one thing is bashing her another is by bashing her child that had nothing to do w/ this. You seem to have an Anger problem that seems to like bashing women and their children. You are a little petty man and anyone that bashes and disrespects children, are the lowest form of life.

DCSNon-existent student loan

My husband received a collection notice from this company today; we were astounded to find we owed over $10, 000 on a defaulted student loan. Our reaction was due to the fact that he has never even applied for any type of student financing. This is ludicrous...we are in our 70's and have no intention of paying off a debt we never incurred. The fact that this company can seize some of our income is truly disturbing. We will be contacting them tomorrow, but are quite concerned about the outcome. Is there help available to someone in our position??

DCSSTUDENT LOANS

I am having a problem with DCS. They continue to call and harrass me day and night to collect on a private student loan. I have told them that I am unemployed, and live at home with my 73 y/o mother who is on a fixed income. I have no family who can help me pay my outstanding student loan debts. I was able to raise a small payment through help of my friends and family to send to them a few days ago, and today they had someone else to call me and harrass me again. I told them that I am still unemployed and seeking employment but they insist that I make a payment. I can not begin to tell what a nightmare this collection agency is they have had different representatives to call and harrass me. They call all day everyday. Despite the fact that I have sent them all the money I have to pay for my private student loans. The woman today starts telling me about the fact that I have federal student loans too. Well, I know that already. AES, National Collegiate Trust and DCS are committing a crime against students who just wanted to go to school to better themselves.

• I understand your difficulty in making payments. You are given options such as lower repayment options or forbearance. If you exhausted your option, well that sucks for you. You shouldn't have used them all at once. But when you have financial trouble, can you just not pay your cable and electric and continue to use their service? No, I didn't think so. They would shut it off. It's not like they can take your degree back from you. You were given a LOAN. You know what that means, right? You have to pay it back. It's money you owe. They aren't getting one over on you or trying to scam you. It's their money. They have every right. You went to school on THEIR money. They did you a favor. Be thankful and quit complaining and pay your bills. Get a job at McDonalds or Burger King if you have to. Working for minimum wage is better than making $0 an hour.

khogan1 May 21, 2011

I put in an application at McDonalds and am waiting for for a response, I'll try Burger King next. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Ro
    roger rerun Oct 23, 2012

DO NOT EVER SEND ANY COLLECTION AGENCY MONEY WITHOUT A WRITTEN AGREEMENT ON AMOUNT TO BE PAID, HOW OFTEN YOUR TO MAKE A PAYMENT, THE TOTAL BEGINNING BALANCE OWED, ETC.
    JUST MAILING OUT MONEY WITHOUT A WRITTEN AGREEMENT IS CRAZY. no offense
    NEVER SEND POST DATED CHECKS, NEVER GIVE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION FOR AUTO WITHDRAWAL AS THEY WILL DRAIN YOUR ACCOUNT. IF OR WHEN YOU DECIDE TO AGREE ON TERMS AND GET IT IN WRITING, SIGNED BY THEIR COMPANY REPRESENTATIVE, MAKE YOUR PAYMENTS WITH A U.S. POSTAL MONEY ORDER- always keeping your copy of the postal money order for your records. REMEMBER, COLLECTION AGENCIES ---->> LIE <----
    I SUGGEST YOU BE ON ALERT ANYTIME YOU DEAL WITH THEM. SPECIAL RULES OR NOT FOR STUDENT LOANS.
    I SUGGEST YOU GET COPY ( DOWNLOAD A COPY ) OF THE FEDERAL FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT.
    IT WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN TELL THE COLLECTION AGENCY TO STOP CALLING OR CONTACTING YOU.
    YOU MUST SEND A LETTER TELLING THEM TO STOP ALL TELEPHONE CALLS, LETTERS, E-MAIL'S OR ANY OTHER
    TYPE COMMUNICATION. YOU HAVE TO AND I MEAN HAVE TO SEND IT BY U.S. MAIL, CERTIFIED WITH RETURN RECEIPT
    REQUESTED. THEY HAVE TO SIGN FOR IT AND YOU HAVE PROOF THEY RECEIVED IT.
    THE FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT ALSO SAYS YOU CAN SUE THE COLLECTION AGENCY FOR EACH VIO9LATION__ EACH PHONE CALL THEY CALL YOU IS A SEPARATE VIOLATION. IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN YOU SUE FOR 1000.00 FOR EACH AND EVERY VIOLATION, WHICH ADDS UP QUICKLY. PLEASE NOTE, YOU CAN NOT SUE THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR SUCH AS THE BANK OR SUCH THAT ACTUALLY LOANED YOU THE MONEY. YOU SUE THE COLLECTION AGENCY THAT IS VIOLATING THE LAW.
    THERE ARE MANY ATTORNEY'S LISTED ONLINE WHO WILL TAKE COLLECTION AGENCY VIOLATION CASES ON CONSIGNMENT. ---- FOR A PERCENTAGE, LIKE IN A CAR ACCIDENT-- YOU DONT PAY ANYTHING UPFRONT.
    SO I SUGGEST YOU GET ONLINE AND DO A LITTLE READING. AND LOOK UP THE FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT
    GOOD LUCK

• Ro
    roger rerun Oct 23, 2012

The person who told you to get a job at McDonald's is a collection agency employee.

DCSCalling my neigbor

yes i just had my neigbor come running to my house with her home phone and was telling me there was a man on the phone wanting to talk to me and he had some very important information that he needed to tell me. She was very worried looking. When I answered the phone a man begain to tell me he was with DCS a collection agency and he had been trying to contact me. I right away begain to tell him he was crazy to be calling my neigbor who I have only over the past few months just meet. This is against the law right????????? He had my address so he thought if he found the address of the people who live next to me he could get their phone number and call and harass them. I am still in shock that he did that. Please someone tell me this is against the law.

Nona URbiz Aug 20, 2010

Know your debt collections rights.. google fair debt collections.. you will get all the rules of collections, what they can and cannot do.

DCSNot doing their Jobs

I am very upset because, when you take time out to avoid a problem; that is what you expect! Now, I called this company awhile back to get a deferrment(forebearance). My misstake was not making a note of who i spoke with. Anyway this lady claimed that she would set me up and in 1 year i would have to go thur the same process. Little did i know at the time that she did not set me up! Now I was bullied into sending them 300.00 for a down, and they went thur my employer and begin to garnish my wages for $162.00 every two weeks when i was only paying $75.00 a month. I dont like this one BIT...

DCSIrate Employee

This woman Jennifer Preston is unbelievable!!! My mom receives widow's benefits. Preston was working with my mom to get her on a monthly payment plan so that she could eventually depart from default status with the student loan company. I tried explaining to her that my mom will agree to ONE monthly payment but she can't afford to make the voluntary payment AND still have the U.S. Treasury Dept garnish her SS checks! This is out rageous! She wouldn't let me get a word in edge wise and when I asked to speak with a supervisor she told me NO! I couldn't believe it! Why do these people think they can control people that are in debt to them? Yes, she may have an outstanding debt but she's an elderly woman who is on a fixed income and maybe if the representative would have spoken to me with a little compassion and understanding we could have reasonably concluded the matter. She can't afford to make double payments for the next three months! When I said "she'll be homeless if she's forced to make double payments" and she said "that's not my problem. When does it stop??? When someone commits suicide??? Shame on you Jennifer Preston!!!

• Te
    Terri Hovanec Mar 17, 2008

I purchased a DCS 5 burner range unit about 3 years ago. It worked fine until 6 months ago when the igniter would not stop clicking. The service people have been here to fix it 6 times in the last six months. I tried to call Fisher & Paykel direct, but hung up after 15 minutes on hold. It is a good unit when it works properly, but fixing it has become impossible. My next range will NOT be a DCS.

• Dc
    dcssucks Sep 15, 2009

This has to be the worst ### bags I have to deal with in my life. These people should be send to iraq or afghanistan or executed. I would not have any passion for them. They would lied on letter to better bussiness bureau then turn around do another thing. They would give me a chase around the bush and then threatened me then stated on the letter to better business bureau that they did not. The government should stop using these mofo since they are charging them an arm and a leg for their crappy services. I really don't know why our government still use them when they have so many complains.

khogan1 Mar 06, 2011

This company is harassing me about a student loan. I$ had to drop out of the PhD program that I was enrolled in due to a loss of income. I am unemployed, have had to move back home with my mother who is retired and on a fixed income. I have no other relatives or friends from whom I can borrow money or live with. I have told them that once I get a job I will be able to make my student loan payments. But, they would not accept that. They called and harassed me at the place where I volunteering insisting that I was 'choosing' to volunteer. I have contacted my states attorney general to complain about this company. I was able to get $300 to send to them, they insisted that I send the payment overnight and call them back with the tracking number. When I called them back they explained that the payment I sent would not stop collection proceedings and they would continue to call and pursue payment from my co-borrower. I told them that the payment I sent was the all I could do at this time and they demanded that I make a $1340.00 payment which I told them that I could not make. And, despite them keeping my payment they will not stop collection proceedings.

khogan1 Mar 16, 2011

This company is harassing me about a student loan. I$ had to drop out of the PhD program that I was enrolled in due to a loss of income. I am unemployed, have had to move back home with my mother who is retired and on a fixed income. I have no other relatives or friends from whom I can borrow money or live with. I have told them that once I get a job I will be able to make my student loan payments. But, they would not accept that. They called and harassed me at the place where I volunteering insisting that I was ‘choosing’ to volunteer. I have contacted my states attorney general to complain about this company. I was able to get $300 to send to them, they insisted that I send the payment overnight and call them back with the tracking number. When I called them back they explained that the payment I sent would not stop collection proceedings and they would continue to call and pursue payment from my co-borrower. I told them that the payment I sent was the all I could do at this time and they demanded that I make a $1340.00 payment which I told them that I could not make. And, despite them keeping my payment they will not stop collection proceedings.

• Br
    brownpatriciad May 08, 2012

Terri Moore continues to call my neighbors, my pastor, & my husbands work. He went as far as to threaten my husband with loosing our home and going to jail. I thought that was illegal enough. I have tried to speak with this person since the debt is mine but he will not speak to me without my social security number. I do not give that out over the phone due to past issues with illegal use of my social. Now he will not call me but continues calling everyone else and threatening my husband. I am willing to make small payments but I do not have over $16, 000 to just hand over. And considering I was in school thru May of last year and sent in paperwork to get the loan payments put in foreberance until I could get off bedrest and have my baby I should not have been in default and my account should not have been sent for collections. Now AES/Suntrust says they have no information on me and Terri is very rude and will not help me.

• Bl
    bleedingthemapennyatatime May 19, 2012

What they are doing is illegal and you need to contact an attorney and sue them. Call 855-301-8100 and tell them what is going on. Also start recording your phone calls, because they will lie and say they did nothing wrong. Also note days, times and person that has called.

DCSAbusive

I recently had to deal with someone at DCS her name is Carol Norris..She is a rude and unfriendly person to deal with. Right off the bat she started yelling at me and telling me that I was basically lying to her when I wasnt and I had no reason to..Yes i did have a defaulted student loan that i had to take care of and I did just so they would get off my back. She would call me at work where they would put me on hold for atleast 20 mins just so they could pull up my file on their computer..I told her that i was in the process of getting this taken care of and she started to tell me that I have had a long time to get this worked out and that I need to be "pro active" So I got rude back with her telling her that she doesnt need to talk to me in the manner and that I dont need another mom...She told me that I need to put my mom on my account and my bank as my third party representative..I had asked why and I didnt get a straight answer. Everytime I would call her about my account I would always get her voicemail so I would leave a message and she would never return my calls or when I got ahold of her I would tell her that I left message she would she never got it..She even called my mom and harrassed her about my student loan which i work in the release of information department of my hospital and they say you should always have something in writing stating its ok for so and so to talk to or release information about anybody or anything. So right there she violated my privacy..Not only did she harrass my mom she also called my bank account rep and harrassed her and yelled at her about my loan...Once i got everything taken care of she still seemed upset about everything telling me if they didnt recieve payment by a certain date they were going to go ahead and seek further collections on it..She just makes me want to go over there and yell at her face to face..She is a rude and a demeaning person who shouldnt be talking to people the way she does..She should be sat down and talked to by someone in her facility about the way she conducts her business Im just about tempted to right a letter to her boss!! She told me they couldnt be personal because they have tons of accounts that are deliquent everyday...Yeah well to me my father dying is more important than a stupid loan that could wait a week to get taken care of...Ever heard of PATIENCE!!

• Cj
    cj Nov 19, 2008

They called my house several times. Sent me a letter addressed to my maiden name claiming that I owed the US Treasury. When I contacted the company, they tried to obtain additional personal information. Rep was rude and accused me of lying. I have never filed taxes using my maiden name or obtained student financial aid. US Treasury had no record of any outstanding taxes or debts related to my social security number. They called me from 209-858-3531

• Sl
    slvrbug Jun 21, 2011

after making first payment & signing a ibr since don't have job & can't afford monthly payments on my student loan the loan is to be waived until i can afford it & i'm to get my taxes back since i'm in hardship they won't return my calls so i can get my taxes back. jessica has ignored calls & given a wrong number for us to call back on in the first place we have copies of the papers we signed & have made sure that we don't have to make another payment until we can afford it but know that our taxes will be with held until it is paid if she keeps this up. this company is not one that does business backwards and illegally if u ask me because they are having you sign papers that aren't legal & harass you but won't return your calls. don't return there calls or sign papers or make deals with them if your smart go to the federal website to do the ibr papers instead.

• Ms
    mskandie1013 Oct 28, 2012

Hello, sad to sat that I ran my credit. To find that, DCS has ran my credit without my permission. Resulting in me seeking legal punitive damages and violation of privacy. Currently I am researching to see that all my ducks are well in line. Before seeking damages.
    Even if they are representing a student loan, which I am not certain whom they pulled my credit for. But I will find out.
    Their actions were seen on my file two different times.

• Th
    th!sman Oct 31, 2012

Oh this is good. These CA ### need more and more people to stand up to these bullies. If you are suing pro se and need help just post your questions and debtorboards.com - lot's of people there take on these ### and post good practical advice and answers. Let us know how it goes and Good luck!

DCSBad service

I was contacted by a David Wynne of DCS Dental Computer Solutions to have networking done in my dental office. When I interviewed him, he came in my office with his daughter, which was very unprofessional I thought. Also, the fact that it appeared neigher he nor his daughter had bathed or changed their clothes for the week did not give me a good impression. When I told David Wynne that I did not need his services, he became irate, as if on some type of drug (speed I would suppose). For all prospective dentist who may need computer solutions for their office, I highly reccomend the Geek Squad. Don't trust your databases to people like David Wynne. I dodged a bullet on that one, may you also dodge a bullet if you read this entry.

• Sw
    SwoopoScam Oct 22, 2008

David Wynne is very shady and should not be trusted!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices