DarCars Complaints & Reviews

DarCarsDon't buy cars from them

I bought a 2009 Buick that I am very displeased. 1st it was to be a fully equip car. After driving it home come to find out it does not have options like Satellite Radio nor the phone on the steeling wheel works. It was never made with these features after contacting the manufacture. Three weeks into driving this car, now my engine light came on. Also, after signing all the papers i was told after the fact it has one set of keys. They did "find" another set of keys for me but the auto engine does not work. Will never buy a DARCARS again.

DarCarsTerrible experience

My chrysler 300c sways left&right in any kind of road. I asked the dealer to fix the problem & was informed theres nothing wrong at Darcar Chrysler marlow heights. Warranty, they didn't fix Jack. After having me ask questions on why does the car drift and a bump in the road could make you feel as your going to crash. I have a son that in the car with me and I'm scared for his life as well as mine. Why does the car shake when braking even if you have new tires & brakes. I've kept excellent service and the car is a piece of glossy junk.

• Je
    Jeremy Bailey Feb 20, 2009

Darcars will not stand behind their cars or what the sales managers tell you when you buy a car!!! Before we drove from Uniontown PA to Temple Hill MD (4 hours one way )to pickup the NEW LINCLON truck we ask the sales manager if it would be a problem to title the truck in PA if I had a TN drivers license. No Problem is what he said. Now that is not the case! After picking up the truck Nov 17 2008 we found the next day that the wood on the steering wheel had a 1 inch cut in it. The crome on the door handles and the bed rails are rusted. And there was a bad vibration in the front end to the truck. Called the selling dealership (Darcars) Nov 18 2008 explained everything. They said any ford dealer would fix all the problems. So we have had the tires balanced 4 times and we still have the problem. The dealers here said we didnt sell it we will not fix it. Darcars would not stand behind anything. And now the Temp tag good for 60 days has expired because I do not have a PA drivers license so they can register the truck here. Trying to hold Darcars acountable for the new truck I told them I would get my PA drivers license only if they would fix the items on the truck. So they got a quote for over 3 thousand dollars from the dealer here in PA to fix the items that sould be covered under warranty!! Now they want me to sign a release from any and all obilgations and I refused to sign it. Yesterday I got a TN license in the mail. Now Darcars refuses to pay the bill to repair the above items. 32 Days without my truck but still having to pay the payment...DONT BUY FROM THEM

• Li
    Ling Chi May 25, 2010

OP - sadly, many cars will drive the way you describe because of the type of tires and suspension they have and the types of roads they get driven on. Some vehicles with a mushy suspension and soft tires are somewhat non-responsive when driving and could account for the delayed response and/or swaying - in other cases, some tires have developed reputations for following ruts in the road. One option is to try a different set to see if this alleviates the problem. Yes, it will run you somewhere around $400+, but that's a small price to pay considering the alternative.

Jeremy - DARCARS is one of the shadiest dealerships in the area (frame damaged, Frankensteined weld-jobs, entire car resprays, etc), but I don't think you can entirely hold their salesperson responsible for your licensing and titling issue. While I don't know the reason for you having a TN license while living in PA, most states require you to get a valid state issued license within a set time period - exceptions usually being military personnel and college students.

In some cases, the onus is upon the consumer to determine what steps they should take to register and title a vehicle, because out of state dealerships are not experts in local motor vehicle regulations.

• Ga
    garyh11 Jul 18, 2011

My Wife was excited to purchase her 3RD Jeep fro Waldorf Chrysler. after we did the deal, we realized that the material used to manufacture the top was extremely substandard to that used on previous jeeps. One of the selling points until now was the low sound levels in the cab but now, you can't even talk on a cell phone! it turns out that they have changed thematerials used in the roof. They did not disclose this at the time of purchase! we have now gone from avid Jeep lovers to extreme haters as DARCARS will do absolutely nothing to remedy this situation!!

• Te
    tech3 Jan 16, 2012

Be smart and never by a American car you will be sorry.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices