Dakmart Complaints & Reviews

DakmartScam

I placed my order and received a confirmation. I soon received an email that the item was not available and they would let me know when it was back in stock. After several weeks, I have not received any further notice. I checked the website today (1/6/09) and the item is listed at three times my original order price. My order still shows up as pending in their system.

After my first order was held up, I decided to order a similar but different item. I received the same notification - item not available at this time and they would let me know when it was in stock and could process my order.

After about two weeks, I used their website to send them an email. I asked about availability of four specific items listed on their website that I was interested in buying. I never received a follow up to my inquiry.

If anyone orders something and actually receives what they expected, congratulations.

• In
    Ingrid Feb 11, 2009

DAKmart advertised a NEW Sony RDR-VX525 DVD-recorder and VCR combo unit for a very reasonable price, comparable with refurbished 555 units available elsewhere. I figured I'd rather get the last-generation device, new, than the more recent one refurbished, so I ordered from them. Upon arrival, it turns out they sent me a REFURBISHED 525; I should have gone with the honest vendor instead and gotten my money's worth. Very disappointed.

JoeHumanist Apr 01, 2010

Dakmart is a large scale seller of REFURBISHED products. They have a large presence on eBay, because of the sheer volume of items that they sell.

Their item descriptions are poorly punctuated and often have the word "refurbished" tucked into the content in a way that is a little ambiguous. Are they talking about an accessory or the actual product? Well, why not go and inquire, right?

I made such an inquiry. I sent a message to "Dakmart", inquiring about one of their products that had a rather jumbled description. I sent a message to the seller, simply asking them if to confirm if the item was new or refurbished. Their reply?

"We are sorry you are so confused. Read the description again."

What?? They took the time to reply and didn't simply tell me if the item was refurbished? That is obnoxious. I replied, telling them that I did find the word "refurbished" buried deep in their description (lacking any sensible punctuation). I suggested they make it more visible, so people know what they are getting. Their reply?

"we are soory you are still confused. We suggest you seek help thanks again.."

So, be sure that Dakmart IS RUDE AND SARCASTIC. Definitely. I REFUSE to buy from obnoxious people like this, who still make a ton of money on unsuspecting people. This is why they feel they can enjoy being rude to people. If you have a problem with your order, WATCH OUT. I used "Toolhaus.org" to research their feedback. AWFUL! Many people complain of having problems with them. This is no bargain seller... it is a nightmare waiting to happen.

DakmartGouges on shipping charges

Well, I was almost ready to push the button on buying from DAKmart.com but couldn't get them off their incredibly high USPS shipping charges. That and not seeing much good for comments around and I figured I had better steer clear.

They wanted to charge me $63 for shipping on a Denon DP300f turntable refurbished by Denon. It is packaged by Denon as well so I couldn't understand the inflated shipping price.

By the time it was all said and done, It was $30 more to buy a non-refurbished unit from a local dealer and not have to worry about warranty should it not work.

DAKmart.com did however reply to my emails which is one of the complaints that was mentioned in bad reviews.

DakmartVery poor customer service

I made such an inquiry. I sent a message to "Dakmart", inquiring about one of their products that had a rather jumbled description. I simply asked them to confirm if the item was new or refurbished. Their reply?

"We are sorry you are so confused. Read the description again."

"We are sorry you are still confused. We suggest you seek help thanks again.."

So, this confirmed what many others have been saying, that Dakmart IS RUDE AND SARCASTIC. Definitely. I REFUSE to buy from obnoxious people like this, who still make a ton of money on unsuspecting people. This is why they feel they can enjoy being rude to people. If you have a problem with your order, WATCH OUT. I used "Toolhaus.org" to research their feedback. AWFUL! Many people complain of having problems with them. This is no bargain seller... it is a nightmare waiting to happen.

You can buy the same products they offer in refurbished condition (prominently stated) from other vendors for perhaps $10 more. I would say that it is definitely worth paying more, than to give Dakmart more business and risk dealing with their customer service people. We have to be responsible to stop malicious sellers such as this, which hide behind a large volume business where "a few complaints" are hidden beneath the buzz of commerce.

My recommendation on Dakmart? AVOID, AVOID, AVOID... I can't be any clearer than this.

DakmartWorst service ever

DakmartFraud and cheating

Do not buy from Dakmart, they have sent me B stock in the past and my last purchase was DOA. they will not answer questions unless you file a complaint against them then they are rude and sarcastic. Their shipping is inflated, their invoice on the box does not match what you paid. Stay away fro Dakmart, complain to the FTC and USPS Fraud Dept if the use USPS. Make sure you file with Paypal if you use Paypal. I have never has so much sarcasms from one company. Do a google search for Dakmart complaints, there is a long list of complaints.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices