Credit Protection Association, L.P. Complaints & Reviews

Credit Protection Association, L.P.fraud claim

Spoke with Mediacom last week after several robocalls where you cannot talk to anyone. Told them AGAIN that I had discontinued service with them August 22, 2012 and to send an adjusted bill. Rep told me I would owe about 15 dollars and she would send an adjusted bill. Today I get collection notice asking for 389.47. Still no adjusted bill from Mediacom. Told their rep on August 22 that I was disconnecting service and asked for box to send modem back. They sent box and I returned modem. My contract was no longer in effect. This collection company has no access from their website to submit dispute details. Phone does not answer.

• Th
    th!sman Dec 12, 2012

Did you break a contract? I think the CA is a typical shark ready to devour another uninformed consumer - they must have just added their fees. Show them you are not that consumer.

Deal with mediacom request a final bill or just submit payment (work out the balance from all your previous bills and enclose evidence copies of the same). Whatever you do use CMRRR. Avoid calling but if you do record your calls. Once you get the bill paid write (CMRRR) the collection scammer, enclose evidence copy of payment and tell them you do not recognize their bill and they can go to hell.

Next time when you cancel services always use CMRRR even if you talked to somebody on the phone.

• Sh
    Sheila Sliger Dec 12, 2012

Contract was expired. When switching phone service the new company always wants to notify the old company so they release the phone number. Went through proper procedure and sent requests in writing to Mediacom 3 months in a row asking them for adjusted billing. No response. Kept getting robocalls. finally a real person called and I was able to get them to check the records. Said she could not give me an exact amount because of taxes, so I asked again for a bill. Still no bill. Just collection letter. I will not pay this company or deal with them in any way. When Mediacom makes contact I will settle account for the proper amount.

Credit Protection Association, L.P.INCORRECT COLLECTION

I HAVE NOT HAD AN ACCOUNT WITH CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS FOR MONTHS I TURNED THE EQPT MYSELF TO THEIR OFFICE IN KENNEWICK. I NOW RECEIVE FROM CREDIT PROTECTION ASSOCIATION, L.P. A COLLECTION NOTICE FOR DISCONNECT. I CANNOT CONTACT THEM AT ALL. CHARTER HAS NO INFORMATION ON CONTACT INFO FOR THEM AND WILL NOT COOPERATE WITH ME EITHER.

HOW IS THIS TO BE RECTIFIED WHEN I HAVE NO CONTCT INFORMATION TO RESPOND TO OTHER THAN WHERE TO PAY. NOT MY BILL TO PAY ANYWAY. VERY VERY FRUSTRATING AND JUST PLAIN WRONG.

M WILDE

Credit Protection Association, L.P.Failure to respond!

I was moving and called my cable company to disconnect service. They had an auto response machine that said if you are disconnecting service leave message and we will get back to you. One week later cable was still on and no one got back. I called again and they said they would not be able to disconnect until a week later. I said fine but I want my final bill. I paid the final bill of around $69.00. The cable was never disconnected for about a month later. I then got another FINAL bill for 23.99. I just disregarded it. Then I got a letter from CPA stating they were asked to collect the $23.99. I called the cable company and told them that was an incorrect billing and they needed to fix it. They said they could. Then I got another letter from CPA and I told them that was an incorrect billing they need to get back with the cable company and correct it and not to send me any more letters. They said they would stop the letters and see if the cable company corrected it. Then I got a third letter from CPA stating "This is the third time we have contacted you on behalf of Rapid Cable regarding your overdue balance of $23.99. A review of our records reveals that you have: Refused to pay your outstanding debt. Repeatedly disregarded our past notices. Ignored possible damage to your credit." Then CPA wrote a threat how they can now turn me in to National credit bureaus. I called the cable company back and told them and they said the balance was canceled. I called CPA and they said yes we see it was taken care of and there is no balance due now. I said then I want a letter from you stating this was cleared up. They said we don't do that. I said you wrote one starting all this you can write on fixing it. I got a supervisor on the phone and she said she would send a letter. They still have not sent one. I called today and they said the sent one a month ago and will resend one. I can tell they have my account marked by the tone of the person answering the phone and that they will probably not send me the letter.

• Bi
    Bill Jan 22, 2009

This is absolutely typical of the horrible service Rapid Cable provides. They fit right in with ### collection agencies.

• Go
    gottliebe Jul 27, 2011

I got a bill from CPA that is totally made up. They are billing me for a knology account that I never had. I contacted Knology and they can't find any account that they ever had with my social security number. I was connected to the Fraud Dept and he suspects that this CPA is a fraud. The company reps for CPA couldn't give me ANY information on my debt. They can only take payment. I have had to contact debt collectors before to resolve issues and missed bills, but they were alwways able to assist wtih at least SOME information.
    I went to the official website for CPA and if you want to contact them to hire them there is only an email address. It smells like fraud to me.