Credit monitoring Complaints & Reviews

Credit monitoringRefund

Someone used my credit card and i reported it to my bank about a month or. More ago. And i even called my score and made them aware i had no. Idea who used my card to get their credit report and etc. But they did. To my surprise. It was one dollar charge only at that time. But now my. Score after i said it was fraudulent and to cancel anything this person did. On my card, they went ahead and charged my card a total of $41. 00 for something i made them well aware before hand! The main ussue im having is i was told by them it had been refunded no problems a week ago by 5 different people and now when i call i literally stay on hold for 45 mins at a time being transferred thru 3different reps and at the end after being on my prepaid phone holding for about 1hour they either hang up on me or never come back or not even. Once to tell me im still holding for another person or anything i just sit there listening to music on hold not even knowing what's going on??? Please please help me.

Comment Guidelines

3 Responses
    • Fr
      Frank Spencer Jun 04, 2010

I want to discontinue the credit monitoring service. I do not have the correct information to stop it. They bill my capitol one card $14.95 monthly for the service and I have problems discontinuing the service. I want to stop the charges immediately.

Mary Alice Feb 06, 2009

This also happened to my husband, he was furious! All they are out for is your money! DON'T GO FOT IT! IT IS NOT FREE!

• Mk
      mkelberer Feb 06, 2009

MNI*CREDITRPT MNTR SVC
      Yeah, all the legalese is up there, but I also did not intend to sign up for any ongoing service with this one, and after 15 minutes arguing on the phone, did not get any relief. They obviously don't care about the customer only getting every dollar they can get.

Credit monitoring200 Gift Card Scam

I hung up on them immediately the first time, then I got called back every hour. After literally 9 calls I answered again.

Very heavy Indian accent. She said her name was Carol. Claimed to be in pheonix even though it was a California area code. Suppesedly I was to get a 200 gift card that is good anywhere my credit card is. She asked what type of card I had, I lied and said Mastercard. Then she said I need to verify your identity, can you confirm 5 is the first number in your credit card number (Almost all mastercards begin with 5 so the victim will think they are legitmate and already know the credit card number). I lied again and said yes. Then she asked for the rest of the numbers, after that I hung up.

Somehow she new my name and mailing address (I assume some company sold that information to this company)

I found that this number was used by a scam company called Gold Coast last year, Gold Coast fit the same MO, heavy Indian accent and they promised a 300 gas card instead of a general gift card. I assume they changed their name in the last few months

Comment Guidelines