Cozy Kittens Complaints & Reviews

Cozy KittensWouldn't take back a Persian with crossbite birth defect

In 2007, I purchased a 6-month old black & white Persian male kitten from Cozy Kittens for $500, which was a reduced price from the original $1, 500. I had to pay $300 for shipping the cat from Missouri via Texas to Florida. The poor kitten was over 10 hours in flight, and had soiled his shipping container. I got him home and cleaned him up, and took him to the vet within a few days. My vet told me he had a cross-bite and would need to have his right upper canine tooth pulled, because it was boring a hole in his gums on the bottom. Another couple of hundred dollars to the vet. When I took the kitten to the groomer, again, he soiled his carrier. He also began to defecate on the floor outside the litter box. He continues to do so to this day, except now he is beginning to urinate outside the litter box as well. I now have to have a mobile groomer come to the house at $100 a pop for grooming and shaving, and he has not been back to the vet since I got him in 2007:. I contacted the Johnsons before having the dental surgery, spoke with the husband and explained the problem with the cross-bite!. He was on the verge of OK'ing the return of the cat, but then his wife got on the phone and nixed the whole thing!. I was pissed! I don't know what kind of "loving environment" these kittens are raised in, but I'm guessing it is just another kitten mill with filthy conditions, too many animals and not enough care.. Perhaps the kittens are taken away from their mother too early, . This cat is extremely scared and timid, as well, like he was raised alone;. I would never buy from this cattery again, and I recommend that you pass this one up, as well:. Buy local -- that way, you can see what you are getting before you pay $300 to have a kitten shipped under horrible conditions.

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
    • He
      Heidi TF Aug 13, 2011

I am NOT AT ALL surprised by your comments! I paid $2000 for a silver female that I purchased from them. She was not litter trained and continually went outside the box on the carpet, she was afraid of human interaction as if she had NEVER had human contact. I also purchased a male and had it shipped to my Mother in Utah. My Mother said he was always getting sick and that it seemed like his immune system was very low. She also stated that he kept to himself and didn't seem like he had much human contact. NEVER buy from these people! They are only in it for the MONEY! Mt Husband called Susan requesting to return the $2000 female we purchased due to our complaints as stated above. She WOULD NOT allow or even consider it! She is a SCAMMER with a very nice looking website... BEWARE!!!

Cozy Kittens — Sold Sick Cat

This business has been exposed in numerous complaints on the internet. I dealt with them in 2008 and the...