Cordia Communications Complaints & Reviews

Cordia CommunicationsTerrible, and they dont even care!!

My wife received a phone call from Cordia and was asked if she would like to swap our Long Distance to them. They had a whole line of how great it was, that their bill for long distance would be on my current providers bill. My wife accepted. After 1 month the phone service was cut off. I called our carrier (Verizon) and was told that Cordia had completelY taken over the phone number and it no longer belonged to Verizon. I called Cordia( what a disgusting experience). I was told what i needed to do to restore service. I complied while on the phone with them and satisfied their requests. They told me it would be 2-3- Business days to turn it back on. I explained to them that there is a very ill person in the home and could this please be expediated? No way to do that she says smugly. I start to talk again and she cuts me off, says it will be on when its on and then she hung up on me. These are the rudest customer service providers i have ever dealy with. The business acumen is totally non existent. What ever happened to the customer is always right?Needless to say we will never use their company again. I would not recommend them to my neighbors dog!!!

Cordia CommunicationsStay away

For the last month I have been receiving telemarketing phone calls from this rip-off company. Every day, 3x a day. When will they stop. I told them to stop and still they call. I am on a no-call listing for solicitors yet they still call. Time for the FCC to step in and fine them big $$$ for their bogus services. They are a pesky nuisance, just like a fly. They refuse to leave a message on my answering machine. Cordia is making me very pissed off and I am considering taking legal action if this company continues calling me.

Cordia CommunicationsWorst phone company ever

Now it is a month later and I finally have me a dialtone on my second line. But they forgot to set up the 1st line to hunt for the 2nd line, so the 2nd line is useless.

Then, last week, I finally got to speak to someone in the repair department in Florida. She advised me that I would have to go out and buy a corded phone, then take it down to the basement of my enormous office building (where I'm not permitted to go in any case), find the phone box, locate my line (out of the thousands of lines down there), and plug in the phone to see if there was a dialtone. She refused to send out a technician until I obeyed her commands, and the call ended with her hanging up on me. Unbelievable!

Update: After a full week of me calling them, my first line still doesn't roll over!

Cordia CommunicationsDisctimination

Cordia Communications, whose corporate office is in White Plains, NY, at one time employed over 50 hard working Americans at its Winter Garden, Fl location; most of which were African American. Several months ago, the company began out-sourcing to the Philippines, causing those employees to lose their jobs during a time when every penny counts. The question is which employees are being laid off and why? One would think the employees with the attendance problems, disciplinary problems, or low productivity would be the first to go. That is simply not the case. Under current management in Winter Garden, decisions are being made to let the majority of the African American employees go, most of which are single women with more than one child at home. I am not suggesting all of the African American employees are gone, a few do remain; Cordia has retained its token black female supervisor and a few customer service representatives. In comparison to the race ratio from several years ago, what is happening at Cordia Communications is obvious; employees are laid off, not because of their work ethic or performance, but because of their race. The employees remaining that are not of black or Hispanic descent have issues ranging from tardiness to work, low productivity, or the extreme of not showing up for work at all. Why are these employees currently employed? The employees that are laid off are not given any severance packages and almost all if not everyone is denied their paid time off hours they have accrued. This company has been so blatantly obvious to give severance packages and earned PTO to the few or couple they have laid off, all of which have been of white descent. Due to the economy and the difficulty people are having just making ends meet, one would think this would be a time to pull together and try to help each other. It is obvious Cordia Communications only cares about a certain demographic of their employees, maybe they will care when their money is compromised. If you have had a similar experience please post.

• Ta
    TasR44 Mar 05, 2010

I have two business phone lines with Cordia. About a month ago, I moved my office literally up the hall from where I had been. Despite Cordia's promise that my service would not be disrupted, for a full week I had no phone service for my law office whatsoever. Now it is almost a month later and they still have not managed to give me a dialtone on my second line. That would be bad enough, but their customer service is horrific. You have to go through an 800 line to India, where the customer service reps know nothing and put you on hold for 15 and 20 minutes at a time. Then, today, I finally got to speak to someone in the repair department in Florida. She advised me that I would have to go out and buy a corded phone, then take it down to the basement of my enormous office building (where I'm not permitted to go in any case), find the phone box, locate my line (out of the thousands of lines down there), and plug in the phone to see if there was a dialtone. She refused to send out a technician until I obeyed her commands, and the call ended with her hanging up on me. Unbelievable!

• Gr
    gr8sk8rgoldva Sep 25, 2010

I work from home and am interrupted and even awakened at various times of the day by calls from this company where no one is EVER on the phone line. I call the unavailable number back and the greeting is always "Customer service, can I have your phone or account number?" The calls began back in MAY when we first moved here and got this phone number. They were really lighting our line up...all from a number and company I'd never even heard of. June is when I put all my phone numbers on the Do Not Call List. Again, I have no business and will do no business with Cordia.

This morning, they called and woke me as I was trying to sleep in, they rang the phone at 8:19 this Saturday morning. It's the last straw! I have personally made many requests to the company to stop calling me. I got on the Do Not Call List. Yet they still keep calling me, all without even having a live person on the phone. Not a word is uttered by man or machine from their end. Further, why is it that companies are allowed to use unavailable numbers. If they had nothing to hide, would they not state their name on the caller ID. Simply because they have your number shouldn't mean they have the right to harass you without consequence.

• Tm
    TMc Jan 31, 2011

I HAVE TRIED TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER NAME WINSTON, WHO AVOIDS MY CALL. FINALLY SPOKE WITH ARVEY (HOWEVER SPELLED) SHE TOLD ME THAT EVEN THOUGH IT WAS THEIR FAULT THAT THERE WAS NOTHING THAT SHE COULD DO ABOUT IT. WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. WHAT KIND OF COSTOMER SERVICE IS THAT. WHY SHOULD I PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT WASN'T MY FAULT. I RATHER PAY THE EXTRA WITH VERIZON, COMCAST, OR OTHERS THEN TO EVER FALL FOR A SIDE COMPANY ANYMORE.

ALSO, WHEN I SIGNED UP I WAS TOLD THAT THE THIRD MONTH WAS FREE. WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT???????

THIS COMPANY IS A FAKE. AT FIRST I WAS VERY SATISFIED WITH MY SERVICE. HOWEVER WHEN THEY TRIED TO SCAM ME OUT OF MONEY, I HAD ENOUGH. THEY DON'T HANDLE YOUR COMPLAINTS, EVERYONE IS A MANAGER. THEY TURNED MY PHONE OFF, WHEN IT WAS THEIR FAULT. i HAVE A SICK CHILD. I HAVE TO HAVE ACCESS TO 911, HOSPITAL, AND HER DOCTORS. I HATE THESE INTERNATIONAL COMPANIES. I'VE TRIED TO CONTACT THEIR CORPORATE OFFICE. I GET ADDRESSES IN WHITE PLAINS, NY/ WINTER GREEN, FL/ PURCHASE NY/ THEN FINALLY WAS TOLD THAT THE HEADQUARTERS WAS IN THE PHILIPPINES. I WAS TOLD TO CALL KEVIN GRIFFO AT 866-999-9999, LEFT MESSAGES NO RETURN CALL YET. SO AT THIS MOMENT I'M TIRED OF THE RUN AROUND. I'M WRITING A LETTER TO BBB AND CONSUMER AFFAIRS. I WILL FIND AS MANY PEOPLE THAT I CAN THAT HAS THIS SERVICE TO GET THEM TO CHANGE. I WILL ALSO POST MY STORY AND ANY OTHER STORY THAT I FIND (I'VE ALREADY FOUND PLENTY) ALL OVER THE WEB, NEWSPAPER AND NEWS MEDIA.

TISH MCBRYDE.
    [email protected]

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices