Copeland Marketing Complaints & Reviews

Copeland MarketingFraud

In June of 2006, I made some online inquiries as to the possibility of selling a timeshare property that I own with my wife. I received a few calls in return over the next few weeks. One of these calls was from James Ohlin of Copeland Marketing. He gave the normal sales pitch, and informed me that the fee for the sale would be a deposit of $899.00. I explained that I had just been released from my job of ten plus years and had filed for SSI Disability. He said he understood and would keep in touch. He called me every couple of weeks hoping my situation had improved. I kept declining and he kept calling. He stopped calling in early August. Then on September 4th, he called again. This time he said he had a buyer “Chomping at the Bit” to buy my property. I explained that I still could not afford the fee. I suggested that if he had a buyer they shouldn’t need the deposit, as it primarily used for advertising and listing fees. He said they couldn’t do that. He suggested putting the deposit on a charge card because the sale should be completed before I get the charge bill. I relented and put the $899.00 on my Visa.
A week later, I tried to call Mr. Ohlin. I spoke with a woman named Miranda who told me that Mr. Ohlin was out of the office for a few days. She said she would get a message to Mr.Ohlin, and he would return my call. She knew nothing about my potential sale. Another week passed and I called again. This time I left a voicemail for Miranda and Mr.Ohlin. This cycle continued until mid November when I wrote a letter to Copeland Management.
I received a phone call from a Ms. Amy Hannagan and she asked a few more questions, and informed me that Mr. Ohlin and his aids had been fired because of this type of transactions. I received an email from Ms. Hannagan in which she stated again that Mr. Ohlin had been released and that the V.P. agreed that I should get a full refund. I received an official notice verifying the approval of the refund dated 11/28/06 from a Ms. Andrea Lunt, V.P. of Copeland Marketing Corporation. Attached are these documents along with the original agreement. Nowhere in the original agreement does it say it would take over six months to receive a refund. Meanwhile, I am paying outrageous interest on this money.
I have called numerous times and talked to Ms. Hannagan and others and received nothing but a run around. They tell me the Finance Department takes care of refunds. I have tried and failed to talk to this department. Meanwhile, I am paying outrageous interest on this money.

Copeland MarketingTimeshare sale is a rip-off!

After numerous unsolicited phone calls from Valarie at Copeland Marketing I finally agreed to let them list my timeshare. I was assured that the timeshare would sell that weekend for at least$22000.00. After foolishly giving them my money, I never heard anything back from them. They never returned a phone call or called me with an offer. I have contacted Valerie, as well as others with the company, several times and always get the run-around. My first instinct was that this was a rip-off, that's why I turned them down so many times before I agreed to anything. I should have stuck to my original decision, but in my defense, I will say that they were very convincing with their sales tactics.

jeanne m keating Feb 01, 2007

I have listed my timeshare with them over a year ago. Never have I received a call back from them nor have there been any offers on the timeshare. When I did call to speak to Rick Bridges, all I received was why?

I told them that I wanted to list another timeshare and still have not received any call from them.

• Ai
    Aileen Laing Apr 12, 2007

Sub: Did not live up to contract

Copeland Marketing told me they would rent my time share. I gave them $349.00 in March of 2004 and have not heard 1 word from them since.

• Ji
    Jim Tucker Jun 15, 2007

Christina Gates hounded me like a bill collector until I agreed to pay $500 to list my timeshare with Copeland. I still have the e-mail thread of our conversation from December 2005. After I paid my dues she promised that it would sell or I would get 2 free round trip airline tickets to anywhere in the US. After waiting for months for a response I kept getting the run around rom the staff at Copeland. Needless to say I will be buying my own airline tickets to fly down to my timeshare that I still own.

Joe Stolz Jun 18, 2007

Contact the FL Attorney General. If this happened in the time frame you say it did then it is in violation of the AVC agreement with the state. That may in fact nullify it! Which could result in you being able to get your money back even though the agreement expired.

• Es
    Esti Allina Jun 03, 2016

In the summer of 2006 I paid $400-500 to cover 'marketing expenses' to have my time share weeks rented out. I never received one offer though I was willing to accept any reasonable offer. I contacted the company on several occasions and was always told about the next BIG promotion. At some point their phones were disconnected. I am writing this on 18 March 2009 and have recently seen evidence that they're back in business.

If the others who have posted complaints here want to organize a class action suit, I'd be happy to get involved.
    Others did sue successfully.

Copeland MarketingPromised to sell my timeshare!

My husband and I signed up with Copeland Marketing on June 27, 2006 to have our property in Wisconsin Dells sold by Copeland Marketing. To this day we have never heard from the company and have not seen our property listed on the internet as promised. My husband paid $899.00 to Rick Berman and to this day he has never contacted us to leave us know how things are going and we are unable to reach him to find out how things are, it is almost a year later and we are still sitting on property that we are not using at all.

William & Donna Wolter.

• Ru
    Rudolph William Turner Jan 24, 2007

I had the same experience with Copeland marking. They got me for $899.00 after calling my wife many times she finally told me that her credit card could not be excepted for the amount they requested so I paid them with aphone check.They offered to sell my time share for$22,000.oo for a refundable deposit. After about two months passed. I gave them a call to talk to Anthony McDermott who was the salesman responsible for selling the unit, the reply I got serveral was he was out on a sale. I did get to talk to him once and his reply was they had not had an off at that time but he would contact me when he had and offer.That was the end of Aug. and I still have not heard from anyone.

Jeffrey Chamoff Jan 31, 2007

I agree with your account of there sales pitch. I was called numerous times when I finally accepted there deal. I only paid $300.00 for this non contract saying they would get $22,000 for my unit. I never got one phone call. Good luck.

• To
    Tom H. Roy Feb 18, 2007

I also was call numerous times saying they could Rent out our time share in Vegas for $1,500 for the week. All I had to do is sign up for this service only $900.00. I did receive a two calls backs wanting more money with a special offer that just came up. Only $19.00 this time. So, if Jackie Garrett calls hang UP.

• Ci
    Cindy Leach Mar 16, 2007

I am in the same situation. On Oct 31, 2005 I was contacted by Alyssa Gould and she promised that there would be no problems with the posting and selling of my timeshare on the outer banks of North Carolina. She even skyrocketed the cost to $15,000 when I was only asking $7500. I was never able to reach alyssa again once i paid the money. My last conversation with them was in Sept 2006 when I called because they HAD NEVER CALLED ME and they told me they were in discussion with the state of North Carolina to put the properties up for auction. I have never heard any follow up for this.

This is a major scam and I am all for following up with any of you on the illegitimacy of this business.

Cindy

• Ro
    Robert E. Mossman Nov 30, 2007

$22,000 must be the magic number, because that is what they told me they could get for mine too. Fortunately they only got me for $200.00 "refundable deposit". That was 18 months ago, have not heard or seen anything from them since they got the check.

Jesse w. Bice Jan 05, 2008

Taking $600.00 dollars and running they were suppose to sale share 8/1/2006.have never from them since.need to put these crooks out of business.I want my money back.

• Li
    Linda Jursa Jan 12, 2008

I also signed on with Copeland Marketing after providing $899.00 of hard to come by money on July 11/2006 to have my AVR timeshare sold. I had even made multiple calls towards keeping track of their ??? effectiveness, with some replies from some clerk backing up Ken Landborn's efforts. Obviously all in on this or she certainly could have been a scapegoat. I am sure Ken lost no sleep being involved in such a scam. I was constantly being told, bear with us the Indiana 500 was coming or the new season will certainly provide viable sales. Then I continued to call-with terminal hold and finally after so, a click and hang ups. Of course I never heard back and became very upset with the investment of money in faith. I didn't believe I was ignorant at all. How do people like this get away with these type of things. It obviously, gives a bad name to those organizations whom truly are attempting to do good for the population at large.
    I can only trust these comments by all of us will bring our money back to us.

Sincerely submitted,
    Linda

• Li
    Linda Wheeler Apr 11, 2008

I agree with everything already said. I made my contract on 05/24/05 paying $500.00. They told me it takes an average of 90 days to sell. I called them back to find out any progress and got the run around. They then said they would get back to me if they sold it. They did offer as much as $22, 000.00 and said if they had anyone interested they would call first to make sure the price was okay. I have never had anyone from their office call me. That was almost 3 years ago. I just thought that since my timeshare is one week every other year that that was the reason it took longer to sell. I just tried the phone number on my listing email and the message says the number is not correctly dialed but it is exactly what is on the form. I am very discouraged and would like someone to contact me. My phone and contact info has not changed. 503-589-6883. Linda