Consolidated Workers Association Complaints & Reviews

Consolidated Workers Associationintentional misrepresentation of company

When initially looking into this insurance company, I was led to believe that I was unique and special with regards to being able to sign on with such a good insurance company. My inquiry into this insurance company was July 15, 2008. I was fortunate not to have to make any claims for 3 months. However upon my first visit to my family physician, which I received a bill for $228.00, I was informed that the company was a discount insurance plan only. On Nov. 6 2008 I spoke to Lauren of Consolidated Workers Association at [protected] at 4:40 p.m. and was informed that my billing statement would only be covered at a discount rate. When I inquired with Lauren as to why, she told me that the insurance company would only pay $50.00 toward the bill.This is in direct contrast to the information about Consolidated Workers Association that I received via phone conversation with a male representative named Chris at ext. 111 of the said company. I feel scammed by this company because I entrusted them with delicate personal information and I am not sure I can trust them with all my information and as well as my desire to now terminate the membership.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Consolidated Workers Associationfraudulent company

This is a fraudulent company who does not pay on the medical claims, despite repeated calls to ask about payment of claims.They told me that they were re-staffing each time I called. Even though I paid my portion, they did not pay their part.This is not professional, or ethical, or honest.It is a scam, and since health insurance is too expensive, it just adds to my frustration.Maybe they should be reported to the BBB.Now I have to pay the whole amount of my medical bills, which amount to a large sum of money.

Comment Guidelines

2 Responses
      • St
        Steven Simmons Nov 13, 2008

When dealing with any unlicensed entity you should put your complaint in writting and mail it to them certified with a return receipt. Copies of your complaint should also be cc'd to your State Department of Insurance and your State Attorney Generals Office. Keep records of your contacts and the responses, if any, you receive.
        I can't seem to find CWA's website any longer. I have been informed that neither CWA nor NABSA are enrolling new members effective August 1, 2008.

• Ga
        Gail Nov 09, 2008

Man, I can really sympathize with you! I have been trying to get a $424 refund from them since August, 2008. Everytime I call, I get a differenct customer service rep (I use that term very, very loosely) and each one tells me a different story as to when I am supposed to get my refund. I have called them 10 times! I was told I would have it by 11/7/08 and when I called on that date to find out about it, I was informed they "send out checks every 2 weeks." I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told they have team leaders and they don't take "direct calls." I also asked to speak to the "cancellation" department and was told they don't take "direct calls." I have enlisted the help of our local TV stations troubleshooter, but somehow I have a feeling she won't get anywhere with them either. My next step is to take all my information to our state's attorney general's office to have them investigated. I wish you luck.