computer software Complaints & Reviews

computer softwareFraud

I was contacted by this company promoting their business. For $19.95, I could get a trial membership to receive discounts on ink supplies and software. After discussing the price of ink, this sounded like a good deal. Imagine my surprise when my Credit Card was billed for more than the 19.95 price quoted! On top of that I went and looked at what they actually offered in the way of software and ink. Again...gross misrepresentation! Their software is only for windows 98 PCs (we are now using VISTA and Windows 7!!) and older, thus they are of no use to the consumer.

Then, to add to the software joke of the century, they do not sell ink at all! If you want to buy ink from them they send you to another website to buy ink. There is no discount on this ink when Walmart sells it much cheaper!

So I try to cancel the service to no avail! No one ever answers the phone yet I am calling during their "business hours", so I leave a message for someone to call me on their voicemail. No returned phone call ever came. Today I call and actually get someone to answer the phone for once, only to learn I have now been billed 49.95 for a lifetime membership!!! They are only willing to refund me $20, yet I do not want this service!!! This is not the way to do business. This is gross misrepresentation and I personally will tell everyone I know about this fraudulent company. As a College Professor my word travels a long way!

• El
    elaine risto Apr 23, 2008

I was ordering renewal of norton and upgraded to nent level. I didnot meam to order anything different than the next level. Please rectify this .

computer softwareMy credit card is charged for nothing

I needed a software when I was in a place without access to computer shop.
This company asked me to give my credit card number, and i received an answer that the software can be downloaded

Welcome to Downloadable Software community! Your order was accepted.
We have successfully processed your credit card and the transaction passed through.
Your Order ID is [protected]. You
have purchased the possibility to download the following products:
MS Windows XP Pro (SP2) +
Nero V 6.6 Ultra Edition CD/DVD Burning Suite
IMPORTANT NOTICE!
Product files become available for downloading in 24 hours. Please be patient and
understanding. It takes some time to process your order.
In order to track your Order status and download the software please visit the Download
Center:
Here is their answer:

PLEASE SAVE OR PRINT THIS PAGE WITH THE ACCESS DETAILS BEFORE CLOSING OR THEY WILL BE LOST!
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THIS PAGE

Primary download URL: http://soft-download.eu
Password gx2vndeh

Secondary download URL: http://getmysoft.eu
Password gx2vndeh

For any questions or remarks, please email at [protected]@soft4download.com. Always mention Order ID ([protected]) in your correspondence.

Please add our e-mail '[protected]@soft4download.com' to your e-mail Address book in order to avoid the letter being stopped by spam filters or spyware.
Thank you for your purchase!
* Transaction fee $3.95 will be added to the transaction amount.

Where are they?
Please make a worldwide campaign so that there will be no more victims!

• Ed
    Edgar Shiffrin Dec 01, 2008

Neither of the two addresses that you provided access your site for my download. If you cannot fix this I shall ask my credit card company to disallow payment of any of your charges. My order # 1227643308

Martin Feb 14, 2009

I have just got into exactly the same trouble. The message after the order completion read exactly the same as above. I only wish I had googled them. The site looked completely legitimate.
    Be careful, the scam websites are all around!