Comfort Suites Complaints & Reviews

Comfort Suitescleanliness /up keep of hotel

To whom it may concern

I am currently staying at Comfort Suites located at 105 Carl Kessler Blvd., Mineral Wells, Tx and this hotel is falling apart, the lobby has some major water damage going on and mold is everywhere out first room we were given was 107 and it was full of mold in the closet and the outside wall immediately myself and my daughter started having trouble breathing we both have asthma and a high allergy to mold, when we told the front desk lady she informed me that I did a non-refundable prepay the only thing she could do was give us another room, we are staying in Mineral Wells because my daughter has a doctor appointment in Dallas on Monday the 7th we always stay in Mineral Wells for her appointments because we love the area and this is our first time staying here at this hotel and it has ruined us on staying here in Mineral Wells, so after the room with the mold she takes us to another room 216 there isn't any mold but the fire alarm is hanging out of the wall and the lady said "well is that going to bother you", My husband replied no I'm a maintenance guy I will fix it, and then she sat down on the couch and started telling him she can't keep a maintenance guy around here and they either sleep in the rooms or not do there jobs so they are without a maintenance guy. Let me tell you the whole hotel shows it, the fitness room is disgusting has not been cleaned and the equipment doesn't work, also on Sunday about 11am my husband went to go down stairs and the elevator wouldn't work so we down and told them the same lady asked my husband to go to the mechanical room with her and help her since he is a maintenance man he said yes, once in the mechanical room he told her first she needed to try to reset the unit by turning the breaker off then back on and he made her do this he didn't want to be liable, once she reset it, the elevator started functioning again. This is crazy if a choice hotel is having it's guest do work while they are staying here. Also our new room 216 our bathroom sink leaks and of coarse they don't have anybody here that can fix it, the curtains are stained and the bed skirts are stained badly, Also when we went to go out on sunday the cleaning lady and her kids were attempting to clean the rooms she was cleaning while her kids were jumping around and playing people's things so immediately i went back to my room and put the do not disturb sign on the door.This hotel makes the choice brand look awful. I don't know that we will ever stay at another choice hotel again. If we didn't have a lot of medical bills going on with my daughter we would have just left and not worried about the money but we are tight on money and can't afford to just throw it around.

God Bless!

Comfort SuitesOver charged credit card

Stayed at this hotel was given one price over phone. Checked in. Room very old. At one point a woman used a key card and walked right into our room, we had the don't disturb sign on also. The mgr uses 2 different names. When we checked out owner would NOT give us our bill!!! He said he wanted to review video and see who came inot our room. We NEVER GOT A BILL, until, it hit our card! Then I tried to contact this fraudster. When I finally bugged them enough, days later, he said he'd email me a copy of bill and tokd me id I didn't like it, go complain to Coonsumer Affairs!! So I went to that web site. Omg, the complaints against them and "choice hotels" were Plentiful. Steer CLEAR OF COMFORT SUITES. THIEVES.

• 4r
    4reality225 May 11, 2015

Nasty horrid place. I see I am not alone. I tweeted and shared i suggest we ALL spread the word

Comfort SuitesHorrendous Conditions

This is in regards to my family's June 30th stay at the Comfort Suites in Colorado Springs, CO (Hotel Code CO010).

After having stayed many times at Choice Hotels our stay at this location was, in a word, horrendous !!! Our "suite" was anything but. The sitting area at the front of the room had a broken hideaway sofa and no TV -- it was an unusable area. It was obviously set up so that you could watch TV while sitting on the sofa, but since the sofa was broken and there was no TV, it was a useless area. We had to get a rollaway since they put us in a room knowing there was a broken hideaway sofa, this per the staff on hand and knowing there were 5 people in our group. The bathroom had no amenities -- there was no place to hang your clothes while showering, the shower head plumbing wobbled if you tried to adjust it and there was no lid on the toilet. The plumbing at the sink was also not attached properly and wobbled. The electrical outlets behind the beds were not attached and sank into the wall if you tried to plug something in.

The very nice swimming pool with a slide, which was a primary reason for selecting this location, was not monitored by staff and there was pizza, smoking, drinking, pushing, shoving. My grandchildren were unable to use it.

To make matters worse, all of the nice benefits I paid extra for by staying at Comfort Suites were made available to the residents of the EconoLodge next door. At first I thought this was due to the fires in the area, but when I checked the websites I see this is not the case. This probably explains the overcrowded pool and the overcrowding during breakfast, which was the same eggs and sausage breakfast on both days. Usually there is some variety in the breakfasts from one day to the next. Why would I pay for a Comfort Suites again when I can stay at EconoLodge for $40-$50 less and then just go to Comfort Suites to swim and eat.

When I expressed my displeasure, several times, with the staff (including the manager) their response was "Sorry" but no attempt to upgrade me or adjust my bill based on my unsatisfactory visit. They really did not seem to care. When we asked for a comment card, they were unable to locate one -- what does that say??????

• Be
    Belaide Feb 03, 2012

I made a online reservation to stay out of town. 30minutes later the plans were canceled due to a sickness. I promptly canceled the reservations at which time the hotel informed me of a 24hour cancellation policy and also informed me that i would be charged for a room that i was no longer going to stay in. After contacting Lance the hotel manager he informed me he was "doing me a favor" by charging me for this 30 min reservation. After speaking to John the senior customer relations specialist he informed me that this is the hotels policy and that he stands with the hotel. So consider this your digital warning if you make reservations with Comfort Suites they are selling invisible rooms.

Comfort SuitesCharged for Room when the hotel clerk gave room away to someone else

On March 12, 2010 I, called Comfort Suites in Nacogdoches, Tx and made a reservation for my pastor . I received a conformation # [protected] from the female that took the call. While making the reservation I told the hotel clerk that my pastor would check in on Monday or Tuesday of the week of March 22-25. I told her that he was not sure of which date that he would be there her specific words were that is fine he would only be billed for the days that he stays. I also told her that he would not be staying the entire week she stated that will be fine. On March 23, 2010 when my pastor arrived in Nacogdoches and proceeded to check in at the hotel he was told that his had been taken. My pastor had to stay at another place thank goodness that a Bed and Breakfast had a vancancy at that time. I called the hotel in Nacogdoches on April 6 talk to Lauren and told her that my pastor was charged $86 and did not stay one night. Lauren told me that I should call back the next morning and talk to Wendy between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. and she would remove the charges. I called back the next day on April 7 and told Wendy about the situation and she told me that after checking with her manager that my pastor would have to pay the charges because that was a no show fee. I told Wendy that when I called and made the reservation on March 12 and made the reservations I was told by one of their clerks that his room was secured for the convention and I told her that my pastor would be at the hotel on Monday or Tuesday and that he did not know how many days he would be staying. The clerk told me that was fine he would only be charged for the days that he occupied the room. Wendy told me that my pastor would have to pay for the room and there was nothing she could do about it as I was trying to explain the situation further Wendy the hotel employee hung up the phone on me. I called back and to talk to the manager Wendy answered the phone and when I asked for the manager she said that she had gone to the post office. Wendy told me to call back in thirty minutes. I called the hotel back and had to leave a message for Meredith Cahill the manager. When I called back to the hotel because I had not heard from the manager I asked for Meredith Cahill and was able to talk to her. I told the manager about the situation and she asked me for the confirmaion number at which I supplied that for her and when she check the confirmation number she told me that it showed that I had made the reservation. Then Meredith Cahill asked me what did I want done. I told her the pastor wanted the charges refunded back to him because when he arrived at the hotel to check in on Tuesday because of the information the hotel employee supplied at the time of reservations being made the hotel employee had given his room to someone else. Meredith Cahill told me that she had to follow the rules and I told her even if it was her employee that told me that it was okay if he did not check in until Tuesday and that I was not told that I had to call back to reconfirm because he did not check in on Monday. I told the manager that I was not told that information. The manager told me let her investigate and she would call me back on the next day. I received a call on the next day April 8, 2010 from the manager Meredith Cahill and she told me that since if was a miscommunication that would I be willing to split the cost in half. I told her no that my pastor wants the full refund credit back to him. Meredith told me that since this was a he say she say type of thing that she could not give a full refund. What kind of business is this the convention was for Pastor's of the Texas State Missionary Baptist Convention and this was the hotel that they used to reserve the rooms for hundreds of pastors to stay at during the week of the convention. As my pastor's secretary I was the person that made the reservations for him. I know what I was told by the Comfort Suites employee on that day. What happened to taking care of the customers and making sure that your employees are treating them with courtesy and respect. All my pastor wants to happen is that the hotel refund him his money due to the fact that the miscommunication blame was on the hotel not him or his secretary.

Comfort SuitesFalse smoking claim

The hotel is charging us an additional $350 for "smoking" in the room. Neither my husband nor myself have EVER smoked. The owner will not return my calls, the general manager just keeps saying that they have a comforter from our room with cigarette burns in it as well as sending me an email claiming to have gone "upstairs" to check the room out (funny, our room was on the 1st floor). I did sign a form upon checking in at the hotel about being charged for damage to a room due to smoking, but figured that was not a problem since neither one of us smoke. Plan on taking this as far as possible to have this false charge removed from our credit card and receive an apology from this hotel. No one that I know and have told this story to will ever stay at a Choice hotel!!

• Sl
    Sloome Aug 22, 2012

I travel weekly overnight for work. I checked in to my room, location was first floor nearest the pool on the left. There were burn holes in the comforter as well as 5-6 red and brown large stains on the bedspread. Sheets had brown “flecks’ in them and there was even a spider walking on the pillow, chicken bone next to the nightstand and giant cobweb next to the bed. I took and have videos of all of this to document my experience. I am usually a Hilton user and accidentally was booked by travel to this hotel. I was appalled to see this room and was offered another. I refused as I do not believe in the cleanliness provided by Choice hotels. The evening manager did not want to see my video and seemed unmoved by my situation. I am mortified by this experience and they SHOULD be concerned.

• 4r
    4reality225 May 11, 2015

The EXACT SITUATION HAPPENED TO US!!! The GM would not give us a bill, said in a phone call we had smiked in that room and he even had his employees LIE for him! We are disputing his false claims now with our credit card company. It took us roughly 10 days to get a bill. Rude, omg, I've never been talked to that way in my life. The sheister even told me a web site to go complain on! Sure enough, we r NOT the only victims here, plenty more out here. I sense a CLASS ACTION SUIT COMING!!!This is so wrong, so so wrong. Smh, good luck to you.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices