Club Spirit Promotions Complaints & Reviews

Club Spirit PromotionsUnauthorized

I received my Diners Club bill and there was a charge for Club Spirit Promotions. I did a Google on that and found this site which is full of others who got charged for something they did not order! I called the 800 number on the bill. They tell me it is an annual fee for the nine dollar club for Spirit Airlines. I'm unable to say if or when I joined, but there you have it.

• To
    tomahawk Jul 08, 2008

A fraudulent charge of $39.95 by Club Spirit Promotions for unsolicited promotions, using my debit card without notification/authorization. Impossible to talk to anyone.

Annette Carrion Jul 10, 2008

I was charged on 7-8-08 39.95 for an authorized debit to my account. I have never heard of this company before.

• Ke
    Kelly Condron Jul 25, 2008

I too noticed a charge of 39.95 for a July 4th charge for "flight insurance." I have no idea who charged this, what for, and how. This is a fraudulent charge and I am contesting the payment on my Discover Card immediately. They ought to pursue this kind of activity as criminal.

• Be
    Beth Jul 26, 2008

I also got a charge on July 3 for a Automatic Flight Insurance. Spirit Air gave me this # but does not work... try it 1-866-419-5984. If that doesn't work call 1-800-772-7117 (Spirit Air). I'm searching the web for a phone number that may work.

• Be
    Beth Jul 26, 2008

Try this number... it is the SPIRIT AIR Corporate Office in Miramar, FL 954-447-7828.

Jami Garmon Nov 25, 2008

I was charged $39.95 on 11/22/08...I need these charges reversed. Thank you.

Sadie Candelario Jun 22, 2009

Please do not charge the$12.00 or the $2.00 for the promotion club, I was just buying the tickets from San Juan to Orlando and from no where I was charge $2.00. Couple of month ago I have to cancel my visa, because after all intents to stop this charges Spirit still collecting this amounts from my personal checking account with no authorization. Please I will cancel my visa again if I Have to. I have been your customer for many, manyyears and want spirit to stop immediatly.

Club Spirit PromotionsUnauthorized credit card charge

I see a Discover Card charge for $39.95 on May 24, 2008. I have no idea what this charge is for as I have no flight scheduled for any airline around that date. It says it is for flight insurance. Please advise.

• Sy
    Symone Jul 10, 2008

I just noticed a charge of $39.95 on my credit card for club spirit promotions. Such a charge was never authorized. I haven't flown this airline since 8/2005.

jose_campos Jul 22, 2008

I have the same charge bu I checked in spiritair.com and aparently is the $9 fare club. They charge you $9 for a trial period of 60 days and after that they charge $39.95 for a year membership. They will charge you anual this amount as long as you are a mmber in this $9 fare club. And they say is not refundable.

• Ka
    Kate Jul 25, 2008

I was charged $39.95 on July 5, 2008
    I phoned Spirit and they said it was because I signed up for their NEW spirit $9 fare... however, I was charged this amount.
    My last flight was 5 months ago, and I did not uncheck a box that signed me up for this. Apparently it read "free spirit promotions"
    So beware, uncheck the box, it is not free

• Ka
    Kate Jul 25, 2008

also they said that in order to POSSIBLY get your money back you would have to write a letter to the company

• La
    Larentina Carberry Jul 31, 2008

Please cancel my membership.
    I no longer have a Spirit credit card.
    I think in theory Club Spirit Promotions is a very good idea however I would have much more faith in the operation, (a) if I could have easily accessed the site again after not using it for the entire year and (b) if there were a link that simply said CANCEL Membership.
    Please cancel my membership.

Larentina Carberry

• Da
    Dave Sep 06, 2008

Same complaint as others. A charge for 39.95 from Club Spirit Promotions in Miramar, FL for Automatic Flight Insurance. I'm going to Discover card to have it removed...Dave in Michigan

Club Spirit Promotions — Unauthorized charges

I was also charged $39.95 via credit card for Club Spirit Promotions. Have no idea what this is for, etc. someone please advise.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices