Cleveland Water Complaints & Reviews

Cleveland Waterbill meter installation

I recently bought a bank owned home and had to have a water meter installed the old one was missing this was in january. They were so backed up that they couldnt install one until march but what they didnt tell me was that i was going to be charged $217.00 bucks for it to be installed i dont know if this is a regular process, but i do think this is unfair and i dont even own the water meter.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Cleveland WaterPrice Gouging

Our water & sewage bill has gone over the $700 mark. In the past our bill was running a little over $200. After calling the water department they say they can not look at it until March????? This is a wide spread problem with people being over charged. Other Mayors are working with Cleveland to fix this proble, is our Seven Hills mayor going to join in to help us?

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
        markandmaryk Mar 18, 2009

I know where your coming from. I live in Middleburg Heights and have polled a few neighbors and we have all seen our bills double since the last ones. The water dept. is going to send out someone to look at the meters and look for leaks but I told them this is a widespread problem. Their customer service people actually asked me if I leave the water running while I am brushing my teeth. If I do it's not to the tune of some $200 plus dollars. I certainly hope someone with authority is hearing about this problem because right now my combined quarterly bill is my two-week paycheck - CAN NOT PAY