Citi Residential Lending Complaints & Reviews

Citi Residential Lendingwhy did they sell my mortage to a collecitons agency??

It started with the first crooks Ameriquest, when the big lawsuit came against them i tried to join it and they said i could not, even though they lied about interest ratd i would get 4.99 turned out to be 5.99 the amount of the money i reciebed for the loan was several thousand dollars less than what i recieved but i still was not involved, or included in the lawsiut????
next they sell my mortage to citi residential lending who turns around and sell's it to ahmsi???? a collection agency?????? WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT????

3 Responses
    • Nc
      nccc Sep 22, 2009

Mortgages get sold off all the time to other companies. If you didn't have an attorney look at the terms and conditions of the loan, then you got what you deserved. Learn a lesson, pay the 300 bucks to have an attorney review the document. Now shut your mouth, accept it and learn a lesson.

-NC

• Ci
      citi financial lending Aug 20, 2009

I am compaining because this loan company was purchased by another company and Citi Residential Lending failed to forward my records to the new company. Which has caused a grand fore closing for me.

• Fo
      Foreclosure Nightmare Jun 10, 2009

My husband and I had medical issuses along with our interest rate going up to
      10 % (ARM) in 2017, which caused foreclosure on our house. We signed a Forbearance Plan Agreement with Citi Residential Lending in Dec. 2017. We made 2 payments in Dec. 2017 to reinstate our mortgage. In Jan. 2017 one payment was mailed back to us and proceed with foreclosure. In the beginning of Feb. 2017 our mortgage was sold to AHMSI. I have documentation of my bank statements and our Forbearance agreement. Now to reinstate our mortgage is over 12 thousand. Is this legal? Now Citi Residential Lending will not give me any copies of my records or will they discuss this situation.

Citi Residential LendingEscrow account added

Since November 10, 2008 I have been trying to solve my problem with Citi Residential Lending. They added an escrow account to my loan where they implied we did not pay our 2008 property taxes. I submitted proof, and still they proceed to add the escrow account were my mortgage payment has been altered. I have tried in good faith to get some help and even with proof in their hand they continued to forced that account, I disagreed with them, we comply on sending them proof, so our records be updated. They did not pay attention to my complaint, and not only that they sold my account to another mortgage without taken proper care of this situation. As of February 4, 2009, no one from Citi Residential has come forward to give me a good explanation, they kept bouncing back with different stories, ending last week saying that the reason of the escrow account is because they went ahead and paid my 2009 taxes, and they are still not due. Still waiting for an answer on why they proceed to do that. We have paid on time our mortgage payments, we have manage to pay our property taxes and insurance for the 10 years living at my home. I have learned that I am not the only one going through this same problem and sadly most of them are going on foreclosure and most can keep up with their demands. My normal payments are $780.62 and they raised it to $1398.64. Someone has to stop them. We and the entire nation are going through financial crisis, we homeowners deserve a break. I don't want to lose my home.

Respond

Citi Residential Lendingescrow

In July 2008 we received a letter stating that escrow would be add to our mortgage loan because we fail to pay our property taxes for the year of 2007. Gave them a call told them taxes had been paid in April, 2008 was told that they would make a note on our account. Again in September we received the same letter saying our payment was going up, this was doing IKe, we faxed over everything to them showing where we had paid the taxes and asked them not to add escrow to our account. We call the tax accessor in October 2008 to find out that their was a credit on our account, called Citi told them about the credit, at that time they was to get the refund and credit the escrow on our account, as of December 16, 2008 the credit was still at the tax accessor office. On December 26, 2008 Citi Residential made another tax payment, causing my mortgage payment to go up, again we paid our property taxes. This is causing a bid problem in our life.

1 Response
        • Ro
          Rogers May 05, 2009

My husband and I refinanced our home November of 2008. The paperwork was signed on November 21, 2008 and CITI Residential is claiming that they did not recieve a payment in December. WE WERE NOT EVEN WITH CITI RESIDENTIAL IN DECEMBER!!! They reported it to the credit bureau and now we have a huge hole in our credit . We work very hard to keep our credit in excellent condition and now I can't even find a number for those ###. GRRRRR.