Citi Credit Card Complaints & Reviews

Citi Credit CardComplicated and unforgiving website

I loved the American Express website. Easy to use.

The Citi website is a nightmare. I have been using computers for over 20 years, access bank accounts, gov't retirement accounts, mutual fund sites, etc., and have never had such a problem as presented by the Citi Bank site.

Please, get them to clean it up for you customers, or go back to American Express.

Citi Credit CardFRAUDULENT INFORMATION

i called today to cust service # [protected] to informed to the credit card (master card) that we will be traveling to Costa Rica and we will use the card over there. The person that answer the phone Mr. LARRY received all the information and update muy record. Then he offer me a Plan WATCH that is on trial paying $1 the first month and $8075 afterwards that I can protect my credit card beining today. He gave the phone [protected] to call them to give the numbers of the cards I want to assure. I told that that will be ok since I am traveling tomorrow. When I call the number the associate told me he need my member number that will be on the mail within 3 weeks. I told him to erase me from the program because that was not what i was informed. I call back cust service from citi card and I spoke to Susan . She told me she can not desenrolled me. Then I call a supervisor I talk to Irene and she toldme she can not desenroll me that I have to wait to receive the packa ge within 3 weeks., to densorolled. myself. THIS IS A FRAUDULENT INFORMATION GIVEN TO A CUSTOMER IN ORDER TO GET SOME POINTS FOR ENROLLMENT IN SOME PROGRAM. IT IS INCREDIBLE THE PEOPLE ON THE CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE OF A CREDIT CARD CAN BE SO FRAUDULENT. PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO AVOID THIS BEHAVIOR CONTINUE.

THNAKS,

CRUZ MARIA IZQUIERDO
SS# [protected]

• Ej
    ejr21 Jul 07, 2009

why would you puts ur SS# on the internet? you should delete that

Citi Credit CardSales Sales Sales!

Since opening a Citi card a few months ago, I have been unable to contact this company without being barraged by sales efforts. Their customer service is so sales focused that I dread the half hour it takes to get through a phone call. Upon activating my card, they sold me a "Credit Protector" plan which I did not need. When I have called to cancel this, they repeatedly attempt to keep me on board. They have succeeded once but after four attempts today, I informed the rep that he was over his limit of 3 attempts and that I really did want to cancel. When I called to change my name after getting married, again they attempted to sell me something. I dont feel this company has my interest in mind, only their profit level. I am sorry that I have opened an account with them but I am afraid to cancel because then I would have to call again. They also make it impossible to do any changes online, forcing you to call and be attacked by sales pitches.

• Se
    September Mar 04, 2009

Hello Nicolebol,

Let me start by saying that I am an ex-customer service representative for CitiCards. I wanted to let you know that you can call the customer service number and request to be opted out of inbound marketing on phonecalls. I know you may not believe me and I totally understand, but when I was a representative I didn't offer things to upset anyone. Please give customer service a call and request to be opted out. Take care.

• Su
    susi - USA Jul 26, 2009

I was wondering if anyone has experience with this. Citi bank AA Advantage says they are not aware of the the offer i signed up for - which was mileage if i spent $750 by nov. and also free companion flights for a year.
    If anyone finds this offer online, can you let me know! Thanks! [email protected]

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices