ADVERTISIMENT

CIT BANK Complaints & Reviews

CIT BANKUnsolicited Credit Denial

I received a letter dated 2/24/09 denying me credit which I did not apply for. It was addressed with my last name mispelled as BURKE to my correct address.

Recently my online banking with Bank of America was hacked. It appears to me that somehow, the hackers may have applied for credit with my bank account information.
Please be advised that I have changed my bank account numbers. My old online banking has a block on it. I have not activated it with the new account numbers until I have any and all viruses removed from my computer.
If you need to contact me by email, please feel free to do so.
[protected]@sbcglobal.net

114 SE Crestwood st.

Lee’s Summit, MO 64063

Account # [protected]

To: Whom this may concern,

On December 12, 2008 I called in to make a payment over the phone in the amount of $2, 749.44. I explained to the associate on the phone that this particular payment was for December and January. This should have covered 1, 374.72 both December and January for a total of 2, 749.44.

On January 12, 2009, I received a statement showing an increase in my mortgage payment for the amount of $1642.01. My original payment was 1, 374.72; this is an increase of $276.51 from what I have been paying. With the economy being so bad I was frustrated about the increase and called in to ask about the difference in payment on around December 12th 2008 and the associate I spoke with assured me that my escrow should not have increased to this amount and this was a mistake on behalf of “Cit Bank” and that it would be corrected.

On January 24th 2009 I looked up my account to verify the payment I made for December and January. When doing so I noticed that the payment of 2, 749.44 I made on December 12th 2008, 2034.47 was applied to interest and 447.68 was applied towards my principle. This is clearly a mistake by Cit Bank. I have talked to several people regarding the issue and there has been no resolution. I only want my mortgage to be converted back to $1374.72. I have left several messages for managers but no one has returned my calls. If I continue to be ignored I will be forced to contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint with attorney generals office about this situation.

Please contact me contacted me by phone at [protected], or e-mail me at lamora.[protected]@yahoo.com.

Lamora E. Brown