cho yung tea Complaints & Reviews

cho yung tea — Scam

Cho Yung is definitely engaging in unscrupulous behavior. There so many hoops to jump through it is almost...

cho yung teaFraud in the site

Hi

This site has been advertising trial period of 60 tea bags for postage fees. in Terms and conditions which is greyed out and users tend to not see it. (I'm in the user experience field) states that £56 will be taken if we do not get back within 14 days. and every month then on.

The catch here is, when they're selling free tea bags with just postage fees, they donot mention anything about 14 days. but only in terms and conditions which is absolutely greyed out.

I like other 1000s of people have been duped by this site. I've returned the packages to them and I'm awaiting for them to refund my money.
Can we take any legal action against them? Please help. £56 is not small amount and that at least should be highlighted in big bold sentences. please help

cheers
Ksh

• Th
    Thebuckstopshere Jul 14, 2010

I am hoping victims are still following complaints regarding the Cho-Yung tea debacle. As my wife has also been a victim of this (along with thousands of others), I intend to take these creatures to the cleaners through every source available. Research now suggests that they are involved with other products using the same tactics. I am currently compiling a list of 'discrepancies' that could lead to their downfall. This means thinking outside the box regarding their use (or abuse) of postal services & non-compliance of their own terms, for those who can actually find or read them of course. I firmly believe that these are not worth the paper they're written on anyway, being consistent in spelling & grammar errors & full of contradiction.

Most important for the moment is the suggestion that; 'subscription' payments are already set up & 'pending' before initial, so-called free trial products are dispatched. This could be construed as fraud based on assumption & the banks & other agencies involved will be encouraged to look into this. What I am interested to learn from others is; when was the first 'subscription' amount removed from their accounts. Ours was actually removed on a Sunday, which in itself is questionable (who can you contact at the bank on a Sunday & how many people even check on-line banking)? FYI, other discrepancies being tackled are; Tracked postage is not proof of delivery if not signed for. Duration between dispatch & receipt not qualifying for 14 day return of goods. Contradiction of terms – Goods cannot possibly be returned as received without use. Recipient is then charged for items used – ‘Free Trial?’ It might be interesting to contact your bank & ask when ongoing payments were actually applied for? Many thanks, S.

• El
    Elaine C Aug 08, 2010

Hi,

I am a victim of the Cho Yung tea scam.

Last month I ordered the 14 day free trial package of the tea and of the colon cleansing tablets. I was told on the site that I only had to pay £8.99 sterling for the shipment of each product. Within a week I received the tea bags and roughly 2 to 3 weeks after I placed the order I received the tablets. I have not yet opened either product. They are still in their original packaging and sealed.

I had used my husband's credit card to make these purchased. Yesterday it came to our attention that a further €61.18 was deducted from his card on Thursday 5th of August 2010. I am now aware that I am not the only victim of this scam. What i don't know though, is what steps to take next. Do I tell my husband to cancel his card immediately or is there another way?
    Is there any hope of me getting this €61.18 back from these people? I have sent them two emails requesting a refund and informing them that i will gladly return the unopened products to them once I receive acknowledgement of my emails. However, since it has come to my attention that this further deduction has been made to the credit card, i can no longer locate the website which i knew as www.choyung.com.

If anybody could shed some light or advice on my situation, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Elaine

cho yung teaCHO YUNG TEA

cho yung tea like most people i wanted to try any thing to loose weight and when i saw this free trial of cho yung tea which helps with weight lose i thought why not it wouldnt hurt to try well i was wrong. At first all was well i was sent the tea and started using it nothin changed but when a few days went on i thought i would research what was in the tea because by this time i wasnt feeling well i was having very bad stomach pains. i found a woman with exactly the same pains but she also mentioned that she had been conned by this company. so what i did was ring up my bank to see if any money had left my account it had. it wasnt aurthorised and i was still in my 14 trial days so i didnt know what was going on so i cancelled my bank account and also the cho yung tea i sent the tea back but they are know accusing me off not sending the tea back. Not only have they taken money out of my account without aurthorisation but selling me tea that has made me ill. but know there also expecting me to pay extra. FOR WHAT!!!

Chuck Turner Apr 30, 2010

Here is some informations I just found on another website about this tea scam in England:

---
    This company appears to be promoting the Cho Yung Tea scam in the UK (proof):

Profitistic
    James Anderson
    e-mail: [email protected] or phone 0845 68 002 68
    Webtistic LTD (trading name Profitistic)
    Friargate Studios

Chandigarh, Chandigarh 160023
    India
    Email: [email protected]
    Telephone: 91 9780616401

If you Google the email addresses of these two scammers you will find they are also involved in Craiglist spamming, Acai and Resveratrol scams and other dubious online activities...

The addresses Cho-Yung give on their website are:

Cho-Yung Ltd, 136-140 Old Shoreham Road, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 7BD.
    Cho Yung (UK) Ltd Company No: 06708912. VAT 941 9708 96
    Registered Address: 48 Broomgrove Gardens, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 5RN
    The company seems to change their director and company secretary every few months!:
    Current Director: Mr Mohit Asarpota
    Current Co. Secretary: Ms Shweta Gandre
    ---

• Wh
    whinnyB May 08, 2010

These people are criminals!!! I too ordered the trial of choyung tea along with the recommended Procleanse Gold, of course they both arrive a few days before the 14 days trial expired so I hastily cancelled via email as was stated in their policy; Of course they've ignored my email and went right ahead to collect the money form my account. When I called them up they told me I did not cancel therefore they have sent out another supply and if it was not returned by the 12/05/10 then I would have to be charged for same. I emailed and ask when it was sent ... I'm still waiting for a reply. AVOID THESE SCAM ARTISTS!!

• Ke
    Ken604 Jun 27, 2010

Same problem here in Canada...even after notifying them of the cancellation and paying extra to expedite the return of the sample capsules (the tea never arrived) they continue to charge my credit card and no further product has arrived.

Is there someone in the UK who can tell me who in government can deal with these people?

Jasmine Jose Jul 02, 2010

My friend in UK had tried this tea & said that he had tried two-three different teas offered by this company. the taste of tea was very average & not very tasty . Although there has not been any major weight reduction; it is not harmful for health. On reporting of the same; they have refunded the money back.

• Ra
    Rachel D'costa Jul 02, 2010

A friend of mine in Canada had tried the Cho yung tea. These teas have a very typical smell & taste ; most people would not like this taste . My friend did not loose much weight & consulted a dietician who said that she was eating junk fried food a lot & not doing any regulat workouts/ excerise ; hence the tea should not be blamed for it .

No one can loose weight by just consuming any foods. But Most people forget that alonwith that they also need to regularly excercise & avoid eating fried & oily foods. As advised by doctors, weight loss has more to do with the rate of metabolism of an individual's body & same product will give different results for different people. Foods products like this tea which claim regarding weight loss will only help in reducing weight over a long period of time ; no one can gurantee it . They may also help in stopping further weight gain though.
    But most people forget they do a lot of other thngs apart from drinking this tea which will not let tham loose weight & expect magic to happen !

Hence, it is not advisable to blame any company or products without correct consultation.

• Ra
    Rachel D'costa Jul 02, 2010

Ya true, I agree ... We as consumers need to be more aware that just consuming a tea cannot make us loose weight if we have other bad eating habits.

But I have lost 2 inches in past 4 months after drinking this one small cup herbal tea in the morning every day ; after drinking that I also have a small glass of Hot water with one spoon honey & freshly squeezed lemon juice added to it. I also do jogging for one hour daily, after long period of almost 4-5 months of this regime I ahve lost weight !! Wow .. feels Good...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices