ChickDownTown.com Complaints & Reviews

ChickDownTown.comNO COMPLAINTS!!!!

This is NOT a complaint! I feel that it is only fair to respond to all of the previous complaints list here. I have now ordered AND received ALL of my items. I had order a pair of Prada boots a few months back before I had read all the "complaints" about CDT. Fortunately that transaction was flawless. I received the boots within a week of placing the order and was very happy when they arrived! It was then (after I had placed and received that order) that I started to read/see all the awful reviews about this shopping site. I felt very fortunate that my transaction had gone through as promised. I began to communicate with CDT (I unlike others received an immediate reply to ALL of my questions and concerns from the owner). I then found the most perfect pair of Dior shoes on CDT's site and wanted so much to purchase them but again I was hesitant. (BTW, I saw the EXACT same shoes on another site for twice as much). I started out by purchasing an inexpensive (adorable) tee shirt and it arrived with NO issues. After receiving the tee I decided to roll the dice and buy the shoes (substantially more expensive). I am very happy to report that I just received them, I completely LOVE them and I am SO happy! CDT did everything that they promised and I can assure you that I will be buying from this company again!

• Lo
    louise09 Feb 12, 2009

Do not buy anthing from this company's website - I paid up front for a dress. They called me and told me they didn't have my size and offered me a refund. That was on 12/31/08 - I still haven't got my money back. They do not return calls and have NO customer service department.

JennsH Dec 21, 2009

Anyone who says ChickDownTown.com is anything other than a fraudulent company has not attempted to return an order, IS an employee or RELATED to an employee. I received an email regarding my return that states that they are sorry but I will have to go through my credit card company to receive a refund. In this day and age who does this? What respectable company sends an email like this:

“From: Customer Service <[email protected]>
    Subject: Re: Purchased Item Return Issue Order Number 112309-12
    To: "Jennifer Hart"
    Date: Monday, December 21, 2009, 12:48 PM

Thank you for contacting chickdowntown.com. We appreciate your patience as the website is now under new management. I realize this may be frustrating for you as our customer. If you have emailed inquiring about a return or a refund I am sorry to say that you will be forced to take this up with your credit card company and file a dispute. This is not something that I wish to inform you of however at this time it is out of my hands. I will personally assist you as best I can and welcome you to email me directly. Please be patient with me during this transitioning period.

Sincerely,
    [email protected]

No one can dispute the error of this type of action and should be sued!!! If a person purchase a business they take on all past, present and future transaction liability.

JennsH Dec 21, 2009

Wow... Just found out ChickDownTown.com is out of buisness...

Looks like we will all be waiting a long time for our refund! So disappointing. The website is gone too.

ChickDownTown.comreceived empty box

Ordered a watch. received an empty box with no watch in it!!! after almost 2 months of trying to resolve the problem still no answer.reported to my credit card company to let them deal with it. I did everything the company asked me to do. that included sending the box back like they instructed. they received it and signed for it. still no seponse after emails. the only response is (WILL GET BACK TO YOU SHORTLY). so finally called spoke to someone and got the same response. still nothing!!! its been no another week.

ChickDownTown.comHorrible Customer Service - Fraudulent

Don't do business with this company!!! They sold me a pair of boots that they didn't have in stock and have not refunded my money back. It has been almost a month since I placed the order, they called me the next day to let me know that they didn't have the boots and would issue a credit to my Visa, but they never did. I have contacted them over 10 times in the past 2 weeks getting no response. I have sent emails, filled out their comments page, called and left messages (no one ever answers the phone!) and I finally got a response 3 1/2 weeks later, by email saying that it will get done some time mid-next week! Which at this point it is hard to believe anything they say!! This has been a nightmare, so I just want warn anyone who is thinking about making a purchase from this company - Don't Do It!

JennsH Dec 21, 2009

Wow... Just found out ChickDownTown.com is out of buisness...

ChickDownTown.comNot paying refunds on goods returned to them

I returned a pair of shoes to this company from London, England which were signed for by V.Golden (I have the documentation from DHL to support this information) on 28th October 2008. To date I have sent numerous e-mails to the company, having followed their returns procedure to the letter, and surprise surprise I am not closer to receiving the credit due to me. I am awaiting a response as to whether they pay interest on the funds that they are FRAUDULANTLY keeping in their bank account - I am told that it is an act of fraud because their documentation clearly states how to follow procedure of returns and when they will make the refund/credit. IT IS NOT WORTH THE PAPER IT IS PRINTED ON.
LEGAL ACTION IS NOW BEING TAKEN AGAINST THIS COMPANY FOR THE RETURN OF MY MONEY.

THEY ARE NOT WORTH A LOOK - FOR AN EXCELLENT COMPANY WITH FANTASTIC FASHION AND THEIR SALES TEAM ARE FIRST CLASS, TRY
Net-a-Porter.com. They ship worldwide and cannot do enough to help. Exchanges and refunds are never a problem should the occasion arise.

• Ka
    Kamela Dec 04, 2008

I've had only great experiences with chickdowntown.com. They've got an amazing selection and great prices. Plus, you can't beat free shipping! And I agree with Samantha--it would be the fault of the manufacturer if a product wasn't made well, not Chick. I can't wait for chickdowntownTV.com to launch--seeing designer labels actually modeled on video before making a purchase will make shopping with Chick easier and much more fun!

ChickDownTown.com — WILL NEVER GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!

Over the past 6 months Ive placed 3 orders with chickdowntown dot come and 3 strikes they are OUT!!! I...

ChickDownTown.com — Awful company

I am posting this comment due to the AWFUL customer experience that I had with chickdowntown.com. In the...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices