Cenco Magazine Service Complaints & Reviews

Cenco Magazine Servicemail fraud

Son canceled 2 magazines he was taking and signed NOTHING with this company saying he wanted more magazines. Now they say they are referring this matter to a collection agency. This is mail fraud, a FEDERAL offense. How about a class action suite? This group needs to be stopped!

• Ga
    gaosmer Mar 21, 2010

933.80 bill for magazines and only one recieved. thieves

matthew baker Jul 11, 2010

i subscibedto cenco back in 2007 theagreement was i would pay every month for39 dollars and afew cents which was for three months at atime on my american express card for two years they have charged me 39 dollars twice in the same month on top of that they sent me a letter back in 2007 that said i could pay of the balance for 1000 dollars then last week they called me and told me i could pay of my balance again for 800.00 dollars i asked them how much i still owed them and they said 1200.00 still after paying every month since 2006 and ever since i have been getting calls from other magazine subscriptons saying they where handling my subsriptions and whanting to update there records whanting my credit card number i agree they are all theives

Cenco Magazine Servicesubscription fraud

son was duped, cenco claims contract valid although canceled by registered letter after receipt of contract.a real scam.

• Jw
    jwatson55632 Apr 25, 2009

Cenco is a scam. They got me to sign up by saying I had a $1000.00 shopping spree on their associated website. I did get the $1000 to spend on the site but the items were junk and the shipping for each item was twice as much as the item was worth.
    I also make my payments of $30 a month and my balance hardly changes and their website does not allow you to look at payment history.

• Dr
    drtr1627 Jul 14, 2009

I completely agree. They fraudluently charged me for magazines that I didn't ask for or want and are sending me a bill for $900. Can anything be done?

• Cp
    cp0289 Mar 19, 2012

Just had the most frustrating phone of my entire life with Grant Services...the company they send you to after you email them (OH i had to EMAIL because there phone is disconnected!!!) turns out you can't cancel your subscription until AFTER you have paid the 980 dollars! SERIOUSLY!?!?!!??!!?!?! SOOO i can pay them the 980 dollars and then they can magically tell the other company from which they purchase the magazine for you that they don't need them any more...EFF CENCO!!!

jajtx Aug 08, 2012

These people are a scam. They claim I owe them $1042 for a 5 year magazine subscription. They claim they called me and I placed this order.

Cenco Magazine ServiceMagazine subscription

I was called by a telemarketer from Cenco Magazine Service about a free subscription to several magazines. They said I could cancel after the free period was up so I agreed to enroll. When I tried to cancel, they said I could not and that I had to pay them the full price of over $900! They sent me to collections and have reported on my credit file for 6 years! This is a very shady company. Who sells a magazine subscription for $900?

• Bi
    Bill Ripley Oct 26, 2008

We have the same thing going on. Any idea of what we can do to stop this madness?

• Te
    Terrace Hill May 10, 2009

Sounds like thats how they do everybody. I was setup the same way. Something needs to be done.

• Pa
    Paul915 Dec 13, 2009

Wow I thought I was the only one... I got the same call in 2006 and made the subscription and after three months I called them to cancel the subscription because I hadn't recieved any of the magazines and they tell me that I can't cancel. Now its 2010 and they have billed my credit report for $1500 and I still can't Do anything about it...!!! If this isn't FRAUD then I don't know what is...

• Sd
    S. Diaz Apr 01, 2010

I strongly agree, with everyone that has set up an account with Cenco Magazines, that company is up to no good. I was also called by a customer service representative and after enrolling was asked if I had any questions. So, I asked a few, but one of my questions were if by any chance I no longer wanted to be with Cenco Magazines what do I do to cancel it. I was told that I can not cancel my subscription. The is a load of bull. I'm currently still paying them $16.90 a month which is small in comparsion, but I want out. Is there anything we can do?

ChadRoberts Aug 06, 2011

I was a subscriber a few years ago for my business and was contacted by one of there representatives when my contract was up to re-subscribe. I chose not to and canceled my subscription. A few months go by and they're still withdrawing the $16.90 from my account, so I call them up again and talk to the same lady and she says she'll take care of it. Well she didn't do it! I did by having my bank deny access of Cenco Services to my account. That got their attention really quick, they called me and asked for payment. I told them NO, I cancelled service 6 months ago by phone and hung up on them. Guess what, got a "Demand for the Payment of Debt" from Grant Mercantile Agency of Oakhurst, California saying that I owe them $450.19 about two months ago. Is this a real debt collector? My credits already screwed up from losing my house when the market tanked, what's next?

• Ha
    hahaboo Feb 20, 2012

cancel credit card is the best way to stop them. without a credit card they can not charge you. if you receive threats from the collection call your credit card company and see what they tell you. an operator told me to report it to the credit card company and do not pay for it. they just say that to lure you to pay for it. the reason why they would threat you is because they notice the card can not be charged. you can also try disputing the charge. tell them what happened, the more information you have the better chance of you have to get the refund back. double check with the credit card company. if you used debit you can call the company if you used credit they will probably give you another number to call for credit problems. for example i called east west since i used credit they gave me another number for credit problems (this number was for debit) then i called the number they gave me and i was able to get help from them. the company told me to cancel it is the best, if you prefer not to then dispute the charge. again more info the better give them dates they called, billing info, names, and anything you have related to the case. i hope this helps. i was able to "cancel" but hopefully they still do not charge. again once you give them your number then they can still charge you. that's why it is best to cancel your card.

jajtx Aug 08, 2012

I agree. Everything that was listed in the complaints is true. This is nasty crooked company and their collection agency Grant Mercantile is the same. I bet this collection agency receives thousands of accounts from this crooked Magazine Service. Cenco Magazine is probably one of their largest accounts. Cenco Magazine Service is definately a scam and fraud operation. I will continue to fight this because they misrepresented themselves and I do not owe them $1000. I will never pay them. Never!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices