Menu
CB Celebrity Cruise

The good, the bad, and the ugly - discover what customers are saying about Celebrity Cruise

Welcome to our customer reviews and complaints page for Celebrity Cruise. We understand that making informed decisions about where to invest your time and money can be challenging, which is why we've created this platform for our community to share their honest feedback about their experiences with Celebrity Cruise.

On this page, you'll find a comprehensive collection of reviews and complaints from real customers who have used Celebrity Cruise's products or services. Our reviews are authentic and unbiased, providing you with a complete picture of the company, its products or services, and their customer service.

Whether you're considering doing business with Celebrity Cruise, or you've already had an experience with them, our community's reviews and complaints will give you a valuable perspective on what to expect. Our goal is to help you make informed decisions about where to invest your time and money, and we hope that our platform will be a valuable resource for you.

Please feel free to browse our reviews and complaints and share your own experience with Celebrity Cruise. Your feedback is an important part of our community and will help others make informed decisions.

ComplaintsBoard
A
12:32 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Celebrity Cruise disrupted cruise

My wife and I have recently completed a 14 day S. American cruise Buenos Aires to San Antonio, 4 - 18 March 2018.
Stateroom number 7208.
We were very disappointed with numerous aspects of the cruise and the way it was managed.

The cruise was not completed as planned. It was a truly unforgettable vacation but for all the wrong reasons.
As you are no doubt aware changes started being made from the moment of boarding and continued throughout the cruise.
The unforgivable factor about the disruption is that it was known before departure that the ship was not capable of completing the cruise as planned,
due to a problem with the propulsion and this is why the schedule was changed.
A crew member had to be evacuated by helicopter from the ship and this was given as the reason for further changes due to the dog leg necessary to meet the helicopter.
Had the ship been capable of making normal speed, these changes would not have been necessary.
Punta Arenas was missed completely as were the Chilean Fjords, of which no mention was made. Due to complete mishandling it was not possible to go ashore
at Puerto Montt as there was no time available.
There was a complete failure of information and explanation for the disruptions by the Captain and all Officers, who were all conspicuous by their absence.
The Captains morning report was the same each day and only mention the ships speed and distance travelled and a brief mention of expected weather.
It was only after Puerto Montt, when there was a near riot by many passengers, that the Captain mentioned the condition of the evacuated crew member in order to try and get sympathy,
and that there would be a refund for everyone equivalent to one day due to missing Punta Arenas.
There was no mention as to why the tendering was so appalling and took so long that many people had no time to get ashore. For the whole cruise I did not see the Captain once, and
whenever there was a problem, there was never an Officer to be seen.
When the ship left Buenos Aires there was noticeable vibration obviously due to the propulsion problem, and it was clear from the ships wake that this was so. The ship was not
as stable in the rough weather as it should have been and caused considerable discomfort. After four days at sea in rough weather most people wanted a spell ashore and due to
complete disorganisation this was not possible.
The total lack of information must be due to the Captain, who had little regard for his passengers other than making the point that safety was his main concern. I have had 45 years
as a pilot in civil aviation 30 years as a Captain: passenger safety is taken for granted. What passengers want to know is why they are being messed about and
this was not forthcoming from the Captain. Also, the lack of visibility of Officers when things went wrong must be due to the Captain. This point is made clear by the fact that on the
second evening at sea, the Abandon ship siren sounded. Passengers were very confused but no explanation was forthcoming from the bridge. The singer in the Rendez-vous lounge
went to the bar and got up to date information which she announced to the passengers present. On previous cruises I have been on, the Captain and Officers have been highly visible
and ready to explain any problems.
The safety briefing soon after sailing was very disorganised and people were herded onto the floor blocking the ability of most passengers to witness how to don the life jackets.
For two days during the early part of the cruise there was a very strong smell of sewage in the area towards the theatre.
The cruise did not start well, as on the second day, my wife got food poisoning which we think was due to the prawns at dinner, She was very ill and was confined to the cabin next day
and therefore missed Montevideo completely.
She received a letter from the Hotel Director offering her a credit to be used on a future cruise. This is of no use whatsoever as we will not be cruising with Celebrity again. Also the
offer of a refund equivalent to one day's sailing is inadequate as Punta Arenas, Chilean Fjords and Puerto Montt were all missed, and the second half of the cruise was a disaster.
The arrival at San Antonio was no better, lots of waiting on board before disembarking and long wait in the open after disembarking.
This cruise had been in the planning and saving for 2 years and was a dreadful disappointment to us both.
The previous Celebrity cruise we did 2 years ago on Milenneum to the Far East was all that this cruise was not, but this last experience is the one that will be remembered.
I want compensation.

Read full review of Celebrity Cruise
Hide full review
ComplaintsBoard
R
10:00 am EDT

Celebrity Cruise cruise, panama canal,

We went on a cruise on 31st March 2017, leaving Miami & going through the Panama Canal, arriving in San Diego on 17th April. On the 2nd day at sea I fell going into the bathroom in our cabin. We had been cruising for 2 days, no announcement had been given to be careful on board. As I went into the bathroom at 7am the ship rolled forward & I fell backwards hitting my back on the handle of the bathroom door, opening it & then fell sideways hitting my left arm on the wardrobe. At this point I passed out. Intially when I became conscious I thought I was unhurt, but then my arm was incredibly painful, so my husband called the room attendant to take to take me the medical centre, where I was x-rayed & told I'd broken my shoulder. At this point I filled in an accident form, I have low blood pressure & faint & assumes this is what happened, but subsequently realized that it was not & revised my statement, but that does not seem to be on record. As I could not understand why my back was so sore. The next day was our 1st port of call, Cartagena, Colombia, where I was sent to hospital, supposedly for MRI scans, but this did not happen, just a further x-ray. The appointment was carried out in Spanish. I was then put in a sling for the duration of the cruise, told to wear it 24/7. Our holiday ended on this 2nd day as I was in so much pain. My husband spent his entire time trying to keep people away from me. Initially no-one from the Cruise ship did anything to help us, it was only talking to a couple at lunch who had been on a number of cruises who spoke to the Hotel Manager on our behalf did anything get done. At this point I could not shower by myself, wash my hair, go to the toilet, even the waiter in the restaurant cut up my food for me. We decided to stay onboard as we thought trying to get back to the UK from the Central American countries we were visiting would have been too hard & there was a medical team onboard. I had tremendous pain in my back & a week after the accident I asked to have an x-ray onboard & was told nothing was wrong. The excursions we booked were not the ones we wanted to do as I was incapable of doing them.

The day we returned to the UK we went straight to our local Accident & Emergency Hospital, to be told not only had I broken my shoulder, but my elbow & fractured a vetebrae in my back. I was told that I should have been in a back brace from day 1, 3 weeks on I was put in a back brace but the consultant said the damage is already done.

8 months on and I am still attending hospital appointments, spinal clinic, fracture clinic, hydrotherapy, physiotherapy & I have been told that my fractured vertebrae will never heal & I am looking at a future with osteoarthritis. I am 55, before this accident I was incredibly fit, I did weights, yoga & ran 5 miles every day, I can do none of that now. I'm very depressed at my appearance & my future.

We spent a lot of money on this cruise, which we saved up for. It was meant to be a holiday of a lifetime, instead its ruined our lives.

I would like some restitution from Celebrity as I feel you were negligent; in not giving a warning of the rough seas, the misdiagnosis of my injuries & general lack of care.

Read full review of Celebrity Cruise