Carrier Transicold Complaints & Reviews

Carrier TransicoldDon't trust

R-12 and this type of refrigerant had become very rare and expensive.

They did not give the estimate and failed to advise me that I would have a second option, which is to change a new TXV (a special valve) and use the other economic type refrigerant R-134 instead, even though their mechanic had found out my current TXV was icing and possibly a bad one. After spending more than seven hundred dollars, my van’s refrigeration still can’t cool to temperatures below 45.

Carrier TransicoldFailure to advise a second option and repairing

Last week I sent my delivery van to Carrier Transicold at City of Industry because the van’s refrigeration system stopped cooling. Two days later I picked up the van and found out the charges for this repairing was almost double as the previous one, which was the exact same repairing — inspecting, tightening, and refilling the refrigerant I had 13 months ago. Next day I went back and the service manager told me the Freon they charged into my van wasR-12 and this type of refrigerant had become very rare and expensive.

They did not give the estimate and failed to advise me that I would have a second option, which is to change a new TXV (a special valve) and use the other economic type refrigerant R-134 instead, even though their mechanic had found out my current TXV was icing up and possibly a bad one. After spending more than seven hundred dollars, my van’s refrigeration still can’t cool to temperatures below 45.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices