Carpet Cleaning Complaints & Reviews

Carpet CleaningDidn't finish job ran off

Lonnie Cook is a dishonest business man. I hired him to buff and redo some hardwood floors for me along with cleaning and stretching carpets. He talked a good game but I really believe he has no idea what he is doing when it comes to wood floors. My floors had some minor scratches from my dog and since we are putting our house up for sale wanted the floors looking good. What I have right now after Lonnie and his crew finished with them would make you cry. He came in on Friday morning and within 3 hours buffed and waxed my hard wood floors. When I fianlly came home to see the work he was gone and I quickly started to realize my floors had hair glued down with wax. My entire floor area was a mess since everywhere you looked you could see dog hair and human hair glued to the floor by the wax. It was apparent to me at that he did not take his time to clean the floors or take his time applying the wax. They had made plans to come back on Saturday to finish carpet cleaning and streteching(those 2 services were also done poorly)! Long story short when he came back on Saturday he used every excuse he could but the truth was all over the floors. Myself and one other guy spent the next 9 hrs on our knees scraping the floors to get the wax off along with the hair. He said he would be back at 9a on Sunday to finish the floors and promised to stay until done. He arrived at 9a, I went outside to talk to him and we never saw him again. He packed up all of his stuff and cowardly left our house without a word. He has left behind an enormous mess which I am going to have to pay to have floors completely stripped and redone. Everything about him and his company is a lie. Just remember you get what you pay for and it is not worth it. He needs to be out of business and I can only hope one person reads this and decides not to use him and then please tell your friends and everyone that 7 Pillar Carpet Cleaning is bad news. I have never been so disgusted at myself for making such a poor decision. Don't be a fool like I was!

Carpet Cleaningwater damage to our wood floors

On April 1, 2011 Etheridge Carpet and Tile came to our house to clean four rooms of carpet, clean furniture and the tile in our kitchen and baths. We were using a gift certificate we bid on at a charity fundraiser. Mr. Etheridge cleaned all the carpeting and furniture and was working on the kitchen tile when we saw his hose had sprung a leak and water was pouring over our dining room wood floor. Water had spread throughout the dining room. By the time he removed all of his hoses and all of the items out the front door we now had additional water damage in the foyer. At his request we have snet him three estimates to repair the flooring. We cannot get a response from Mr. Etheridge. He does not return phone calls or emails. Mr. Etheridge admitted he was at fault and signed a document outlining the sequence of events and the damage he caused. We also have pictures of the damaged floors as well as Mr Etheridge and his truck outside our home. We are expecting compenstion from this company for the damage he caused.

Carpet Cleaningabusive behavior/damage/theft

company advertised 2 rooms and hallway for 59.99.Iscdeuled an appointment for wed june 17. 2009; employee showed up did not identify himself; after looking over areas to be treated he began to complain and began using abusive language ; i was frightened by his verbal abuse ; he left; i contacted company was given an apology; i rescheduled for today june 22, 2009;three men or should i say i man and 2 youths very scruffy looking; one immediantly started spraying a chemical solution on part of my rug and a spot on tile in my bathroom; older man tried a switch and bait attempting tohave me pay 175.00 for tile cleaning and rugs ; i said no he was abusive all 3 left running towards the elevator . papers were stolen by one individual aand spots were left on tile fromanuthorized chemical; beware real abusive, con artists . i tried to contact company no response avoid usapowerclean .i intend to contact BBB.

• Wh
    whowhat Dec 22, 2010

So what if one of them looked scruffy. You never heard the term "smooth criminal"?

• Da
    dab666 Oct 05, 2012

Fort Lauderdale Carpet Cleaning - www.fortlauderdalecarpetcleaning.com - terrible service!!! Do not use...called and was quote a price. Website advertises free pick up and delivery but if I wanted that it was going to be extra. Guy came to clean one love seat, 1-5x8 & 2 2x5 area rugs. Quoted $117 with a 10% discount. My love seat is leather with 2 seating cushions and 6 pillows. He did the area rugs first - could not remove the stains and no deodorizer applied. did the two seating cushions and said he could not do the pillows. Said he would only charge me $100. After the discount I was promised that was less $6 for not cleaning 6 pillows! When I called to complain the manager said the service guy was "did not want to damage my property." They told me to bring the pillows to the cleaners! My issue was when I called and explained my order I should have been informed that they do not clean pillows. I felt I should have been given at least a $20 credit back. BTW my condo owner had Stanley Steamer out to clean a bdrm carpet the next day. They got every stain out of that carpet, applied a deodorizer and the cost was the same as I paid.

Carpet CleaningLate and Used Only Water to Clean

Do NOT use this company! I had a TERRIBLE experience with Whiskaway Cleaning! I was looking for a cheap carper cleaner and definitely picked the wrong company. They said they would arrive between 2 and 4 PM. After no proactive updates from them, the guy showed up at 5:30 PM. He barely spoke after providing his name. He very quickly surveyed the empty house and then started cleaning. While I was checking out the truck mounted equipment, I noticed that the cleaning solution was not leaving the jug to mix with the hot water and inquired to see if the equipment was not working properly. The guy told me I was crazy and to call another company and stormed out of the house. He was crazy. Weird, weird situation. My mother was stunned as well. Do NOT use this company!

• Ho
    homed85 Nov 04, 2008

• Wh
    whowhat Dec 22, 2010

What's wrong with the worker barely talking after saying "hi"? He was there to work, not to socialize. If you went out to my work vehicle, y0u wouldn't see chemical going into the hose either because it's already mixed in with the rinse water.

Carpet CleaningCarpet ruined

On July 18th, 2008, 3 carpets, all wool, were picked up from my appartment, to be returned in no later than 10 days, it was more than 4 weeks and then they had been steamed clean and they look bad... one of them more than the others was returned that day and returned to me yesterday, September 19th --- the rug in completely ruined.
Every one knows that wood rugs should be dried cleaned, they told me they had steamed clean... the rug has chrunk and is completely ruined. This was an expensive rug, and I was the fool to trust your cleaning services. I think that now I will have to spend some $800 to replace it and for that I was charged and paid $136, see Account #[protected] and I doubt if I will be able to get a suitable replacement at that !

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices