carpartswholesale.com Complaints & Reviews

carpartswholesale.comDefective part

Ordered a fireside catalytic converter for my Ford from them. Brought it to Ford to have it installed. After installing it and trying to put my car back together the mechanics at Ford realized that the casing on the part was too big and they were unable to complete installation. Ford had to put on my old catalytic converter and I got stuck with a labor charge of $635.00. When I called Car Parts Wholesale I was transferred all over the place and when I finally got through to someone after 2 hours I was told the part should fit. I sent them the mechanics report and after weeks of going back and forth, they finally told me that I should have let them know that the part was defective before Ford installed it. They did refund the part but did nothing other than to say sorry for my inconvenience about the labor charge.
I finally bought my part through Best and Fox- the part fit and the customer service was excellent!

carpartswholesale.comYou are paying a lower price for no customer support

Positive: Super Cheap Prices

Negative: Poor customer service, Ordered a part for my car and the description says it fits my car but...It does not fit at all. They refused return because it was past the 30days of purchase. When informing them that the product does not fit their description, the customer service rep told me "I can not help you with that". Long story short your paying a lower price for no customer support. MAKE SURE your a 100% it fits/compatible before you vehicle."

Filing with my Credit Card company now. It is a Pain, but i am not going to pay for something that I did not order/does not fit description.

carpartswholesale.comRipoff

I order upper door halves for my Jeep. I went to their website, I found them, I chose the right color and placed my order. The next email I got from them stated that they had shipped my order, in the email the part was the wrong color. I called them up and tried to stop the order, but they said it had already shipped and I would have to return it in order to get the right one. I said I wanted to start the return now so that I could send the part back as soon as I got it. They stated that there would be a 10% restocking fee, even though they sent the wrong part. I got the part got the RMA sent the part to the Mfg. company, and did not hear back from carpartswholesale.com. I called them and after a much more drawn out conversation than it needed to be they said yes they have a record that it was returned and it would take 4-6 weeks to process the return. Now that is ridiculous, there is no reason it should take this long, and here it is 4 weeks later, I still don't have a refund I've called a couple more times and each time they say it's been sent to accounting, and I can't talk to anyone there, and they'll send me an update, and I don't get an update. Do not use this company they are horrible, I have done research online and I am not an isolated incident.

• Jb
    jb Nov 09, 2008

Hey, I just ordered a rim for my 2002 dodge stratus r/t from this company. I looked at one picture and thought, "Hey, that is definately the rim that i need." Well, it turns out that they may be sending me the wrong rim. I re-checked the site later on and found that there are 2 rims with the same picture. One is priced at $169 and one is priced at $233. I know when I see a picture of something that I need, then it had better be the rim that I need. I talked to the company about the rim possibly being the wrong one. My rims for my car are polished and I know that there are duller gray colored rims on th market with the exact same design (minus the polish "chrome" look).

I just recieved in my e-mail from the company, "The image that we have in out website is just a representation of the part. Do you still want to return the part?"

Well, if the image is a representation of the part, then technically I should get the rim that is in the picture. You know, the shiny rim and not the dull gray rim that is possibly what they are going to send me. It's coming in the mail tomorrow and If I do have problems then I will let you know. If the company is as bad as you know and as bad as I am thinking, then somene should get together and file a lawsuit against this company. It should not exist if it cannot give value to its customers.

• Al
    alec guerra Nov 25, 2008

This site is a total joke!!! I ordered two parts from this place, and had to return both parts due to poor materials, and them sending the wrong part. first, I spoke to a rep from carpartswholesale.com, and asked several times for a hyper silver rim. he informed me that they had the right part, so I ordered it. not only did they send the wrong part. they want to charge me a 10% restocking fee. It was 100% the sales reps fault for sending the wrong part to me, and I have to pay to send it back. Ridiculous!!! plus, It takes forever to even get them to send you a packing slip, then it takes 4-6 weeks to send you a refund.
    My second part was not much better. I ordered a fender, expecting it to be the same material that my other fender is made of.. metal. they do not have a proper description on their website, saying it is made out of cheap fiberglass-like material or anything. I get it, and it looks like paper with glue on it. they are by far the worst company I have ever had to deal with.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices