Car-Stuff.com Complaints & Reviews

Car-Stuff.comUnethical

I ordered merchandise with the website's Live Chat, confirmed what I wanted and they told me that is what is ordered. Well, what was shipped to me was not even close to what I wanted. I spent about an half an hour talking to someone that was very difficult to understand. At first she tried telling me that the products were what I ordered; to which I refused to let that shady scenario fly.
Then I was told that she would okay the return but that they would email me shipping instructions to return the products within 4 days. I received the email in 4 days to find out that even though they made a mistake and shipped the wrong product, I am paying for the shipping...both ways!
Also, it will take up to four weeks to get a credit for the product; however, my account was charged immediately for the products! As a frequent internet shopper, I have never experienced such unethical business practices.

Comment Guidelines

7 Responses
    • To
      Tom Lindsay Feb 25, 2013

I've ordered a seat cover for my 1996 Hyundai Elantra and didn't hear a word for two weeks before I sent them an email inquiring into the status of my order. I decided to also check into complaints about their business practices. I can sympathize with this complainant's plight but think there are additional steps that need to be taken to rectify the situation or make car-stuff.com close their doors. There are numerous administrative and legal remedies available and there is ample evidence that damages could be assessed to motivate the company to turn over a new leaf.

• Sl
      Slike Sep 07, 2012

I ordered an ECT sensor online, what arrived was not an ECT sensor. After much back and forth over the phone, I finally realized that they hadn't sent me the 'wrong' part, it was just mislabeled, BUT this is still a mistake from their end, and they repeatedly tried to blame me & refuse a refund.

• Be
      Bewarnedplease Apr 27, 2012

Likewise, I ordered a repair manual for a Mercedes. They advertised they had a Haynes manual for my car, but after later investigation Haynes carries no such manual.
      Carstuff parcel arrived and not only was the manual wrong, but also in Spanish.
      I called the company, they seemed to be a Mexican based operation, I was passed onto four different people and got no real solution.
      So, I paid $37.38 for the manual, they refunded my cc $25.28, deducted a restocking fee and deducted shipping, so ostensibly I am out $20 with no manual.
      Avoid this Company by all costs, they are a Mexican operation, using a Illinois residence address. You have been warned!

• Op
      Opiole Sep 22, 2011

"I ordered bed rail caps for my 78" truck bed. Several weeks later 96" rails arrive. I wrote the company and waited for over a week without response. I wrote the company again, and again I waited more than a week and the company did not respond.A thrid time I wrote the company and recieved no reply At this point I'd given up receiving a response, so I cut the rails to fit my truck. finally, I was contacted by the company. they were very apologetic about the mis shipment and sent me another set of rails. They told me to keep the originals since they had been cut anyway.

When I received the replacement rails they were the exact same 96" rails I had received the first time. ... So, I wrote the company. A week later they responded with RMA information. Their packing restrictions were stringent, but I complied. I was told that they would not replace the order becasue of the previous history, but would refund my purchase price. At this point, I was fine with almost any positive response. RMA was shipped back on Aug 29. I called the company today (Sept 22) and was told that they were not going to provide my refund!

I am not asking for something for nothing here. I ordered a part and paid for the part in good faith. This company did not deliver what was purchased and ultimately refused to stand behind its promises. This company lacks integrity. I will not buy from them again and would suggest that you avoid them as well."

• Jk
      JKB57 Sep 20, 2010

Ordered a semi-custom fit 'Cover King' car cover from them in May 2017 for $135.00. Didn't even get it on the vehicle right away. Was on there about 6 weeks when the wind blew it off and away. Gone forever...

Called them September, complained about a less that adequate fit, being too short in height, and the fact that there no grommets incorporated into the cover to strap it down.

They told me it would be covered under warranty.

They initiated a replacement order, however I had to pay for it upfront, and was told that I would get the warranty money credited back to my bank account.

Received the replacement, a week goes by, and no credit was ever issued. Called them again asking where my credit was, and then was told that I wouldn't get my credit. That it's not covered under
      any warranty.

Seems you get told something different with different people you talk to. Or maybe I was just 'conned' by them telling me I would receive the warranty credit after I gave them my debit card number.

Was smarter with my initial order... used paypal instead of my debit card. Now I have to worry that they have my debit card number!

Argued with them, (when I wasn't sitting on hold), for well over 40 minutes. Told them because of the fit, and the fact that there were no gromets, that it was a deffective product. They they tell me that with
      their 'limited warranty', I have to return the old product back in order to receive a credit.

Ah... the old cover is 'gone with the wind'! I can't evensend them a picture of it anymore.

These people can hardly speak or understand English, no doubt part of the new wave of lying, immigrant con artists, that are ripping off the American consumer!

I'm disabled and on a fixed income. I had to work every penny of that cover into my budget. Now further in debt, expecting that warranty credit to get applied to my account, finding out today it's not going to happen.

When talking to them, I figured I would accept the replacement, since they 'promised' a credit to be issued, spend $15.00 for a grommet kit, and put my own grommets in it, so this won't ever happen again.

If I knew I would never see that warranty credit, I would have purchased a better cover from someone else.

Those funds they ripped me off for, could have supplied me with groceries for two months, or all my medications for one month.

They have not heard the last of me!

• Ed
      EdwF87 Dec 17, 2009

I ordered a power steering pump for my Land Rover, when I ordered it it stated a $61.00 Core charge added to the bill that was redeemable when I sent the Core part back. When I recieved the new part, there was no instructions or address for sending the Core part to them. I called Customer Service and was continually sent to the Returns Dept. The Return Dept said they dont accept old parts as core...only New resellable parts. I asked them to look on their web site. They then put me on hold (never returning) I've made several more rquest for returning Core parts for deposit Credit...No luck. They wear you down till you give up. Never honoring the Core Deposit refund.

John Peterson Aug 07, 2008

I just had a problem with them. After placing an order and paying with pay pal 2 days ago I called them today to check on the status of my order, because I never have received a receipt. They told me that they didn't have any information about me, and they didn't work with paypal. I do have the paypal receipt and I have posted a complain with paypal, but my ordered cost me almost $800. Now I'm stuck with a truck without the parts I need and a deficit on my checking account. Something stinks here...

Car-Stuff.comBait and switch!

Terrible company!!!

I order a brake part and was told it would ship immediately and arrive in two days. It was not shipped for two days and then they send a fuel pump. They demanded I return the fuel pump, reorder my brake part and wait until they received the wrong part back before they could refund my money and then would have to reorder from scratch...supervisor was almost impossible to get on the phone and then he also gave me a song and dance about their "procedures". They had zero interest in making this right. Do NOT do business with this company. They told me they would email me a shipping label to return the wrong part and then did NOT do so.

I am disabled and on a fixed income, they didn't care.

I will be pursuing fraud charges to get my account credited with my bank

Comment Guidelines

9 Responses
        MadGab Jul 02, 2011

Terrible company. Buyers beware.

I ordered an Oil Pan Gasket for my 2003 PT Cruiser, 4-cyl, classic-non-turbo. I received the package late and even worse, when I opened the box; was full of confetti(bubble wrap). BULLSH*T! I couldn
        t believe these people scammed me! These are bad bad people doing bad business.

• Aa
        AAriv Jan 11, 2011

I haven't dealt directly with Car-Stuff.com, but recently the automotive bulletin board I operate came under a spam attack by someone located in the Philippines, using IP address: 222.127.29.66. This individual, who created multiple usernames, posted several generic yet seemingly relevant replies in our forums, each embedded with hidden links to parts for sale at Car-Stuff.com. I have to wonder if this person was paid or otherwise compensated to spam automotive boards with these deceptive, hidden links. NONE OF THE PART LINKS WERE RELEVANT TO THE TOPICS BEING DISCUSSED. It leaves a really bad taste in my mouth - I will never order from Car-Stuff.com, and will do my best to spread to word so others can avoid dealing with them. Thanks for reading!
        AA - Riviera Performance

mazda rx7 1985 Sep 10, 2010

19 days after I ordered and paid via paypal for a cat converter they email to tell me that they're out of stock on an item. Far and away the worst company I ever did business with on-line. Let me just write this a few more times so that others will find this info when doing an internet search on the comapny Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks

We regret to inform you that at the present time we are out of stock on:

Brand Sku Qty
        Eastern EAST40072 1

You will be issued a full refund within 24 hours. You should see a credit posted to your account in 2-7 business days. PLEASE NOTE: We cannot control how long it takes the financial institution to apply this credit to your account.

If you are interested, we may have a different brand available. Please call us at [protected] at your earliest possible convenience to discuss if the other brands we have available will meet your needs.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and hope that you will continue to shop with us in the future.

Thanks again for shopping with us.
        [email protected]
        www.car-stuff.com
        "Your Discount Auto Parts Source"

• Zo
        zotz May 12, 2010

I have he same problem with Auto Parts Fair which is using the same 800 number (probably the same company). After not hearing from them for over 10 days for a simple wheel cover replacement I decided to call. In fact I called three times. Each time the representative told me they could not find my order by the confirmation number, my name or my email address. One representative even gave me a number to a Utah based mortgage company (which has nothing to do with Auto Parts Fair) just to get rid of me. Another rep just put me on hold (actually ignore) and never got back on the line.

Judging from all of the reps I spoke to it sounds like a boiler operation out of the Philippines. I could not even speak to a supervisor because I was told there was only one and he was "busy"!

Total scamming online!

• Or
        Ormando De Pietro Apr 20, 2010

I wish I had read this stuff before I ordered a muffler for a Saab 9-5 from this bogus outfit. They sent me a muffler for a Kia Sephia just wrapped in a thin cardboard wrapper, totally incorrect and yes, got the "english is my third language runaround" with a month to get a refund and no muffler forthcoming. Calling my credit card company today.

Norman at Fine Tuning Auto in Wisconsin

• Ke
        KEN MOON Mar 01, 2009

OUT STANDING ORDER,
        I, orderd an ignition switch for a 2004 Ascender 2-20-09. Car Stuff sent me an e-mail, stating there was a problem with the order, I placed. Car Stuff was asking me to call them about the problem with my order.
        So, I, called Car Stuff asking them what the problem was with the order. Their repersentive said that they needed my billing address. I explained to the rep. that they had already taken the money out of my account for the ignition switch. Then I asked him why they needed my billing address, if Car Stuff had already received payment for the ignition switch? The repersentive kept asking for my billing address and I finally asked why he needed it. The reply was, we just need your billing address for the order. I then replied, the order would not have gone through if the security number had not been entered, when the order was placed. Again the rep. asked for my billing address and I told him, he had the address in which the parts was to be sent. Again the rep. asked for my billing address. By now my thoughts were TMI (TOO MUCH INFORMATION). I then told the rep. they had the money for my part and that they could put it where the sun don't shine.
        They still have the money and I still haven't received the ignition switch. Plus, I haven't moved so where is the ignition switch?

• Co
        Concerned Citizen Feb 04, 2009

Toyota ( Scam) AutoParts, Nissan ( Scam) AutoParts, Honda ( Scam) Autoparts at discount prices...The SCAM goes just a little further than CarStuff.com. If you go to either Carstuff.com, [protected]; CarBodyParts.com, [protected]; CarParts.com, [protected], and possibly a few others (since they claim over 30 warehouses) you will find they basically list the same parts by the same part numbers and the clincher is that even though their parts seem to be at give-away prices compared with other internet competitors, they make their money on the shipping (which is often more than the price of the part), and the handling (another separate item billed to you for a price that will be as much as the shipping).

I called all three of these listed above and spoke with three separate sales persons, when it came time to total the cost the one sales person seemingly disguised the exhorbitant S & H by saying "~twenty three Shipping" (notice no cents), "twenty one handling" (notice no cents). In the rigamarole of the telephone conversation, and with all the background noise in the sales room (sounds like hundreds of sales persons on telephones), the average person assumes they're calling Bombay and the person on the other end meant $23.21.

When the sales person was called on this they acknoledged it was $23.00 shipping plus $21.00 handling which is $44.00. From a comment one person made it seems the handling fee is where the salesperson makes their commission. On one small order I was quoted 400% for shipping and handling. It's funny, on all the calls I made they all put you on hold like their doing a bunch of running around to get you a great price - blah, blah, blah... Some discount internet auto parts that is!!!

• Rw
        R. Woodward May 24, 2008

Car Stuff is in the bussiness of telling you anything they can to make you think the part is right for your car. If you recieve the wrong part you can't send it back without the return stickers that "are in the mail to you" . They stuck it to me twice. Do Not Buy Anything From These Conmen.

• Gl
        Gladys Apr 03, 2008

Please do not buy from car-stuff.com they are a fraudulent company. Their photo on the internet site for the item I ordered was misleading. The photos showed one thing but I received a totally different item. They are giving me the run around on a refund and refused to send me a "call tag" for the items even though they reach the $50 minimum. I asked to talk to management who was of no help and kept repeating "their policy". Terrible customer service.

This is a terrible company to do business with please beware.