Campos Chartered Law Firm Complaints & Reviews

Campos Chartered Law FirmDebt Settlement

Nothing but complaints here! Every time I called and talked to someone and asked how my settlements were coming I was told that everything was going according to the program. None of my credit cards were settled and I'm out about $8, 000.00 now. I recently was informed that they no longer handle debt settlement and now I am heading to court with one of the credit card companies because they didn't do what they claimed they would. I know I'm at fault for the debt, but when a company claims that they are going to help you they should. Campos was going to help me and I have to start the process all over again. So thanks to Campos I just wasted over a year of my hard earned money to help my financial situation and it got me nowhere! A claim was filed to get my money back, hopefully I'll see it!
Thanks for nothing Campos!!!

• Hr
    hrm73 Mar 13, 2009

YOU HAVE GOT TO READ THIS ARTICLE AT LAW.COM: Chase Bank Accses Florida Law Firms of Running Debt-Relief Scam

Campos Chartered Law FirmTheifs

I have been with this company since 8-1-07. Starting making my payments to them. They explained to me that they will contact my creditors and inform them that I am with a debt settlement company and that they will be handling everything from now on. After I will say about 3 mths I did stop receiving calls from my creditors I thought everything was working out. Until the end of Aug of 2008 came and I was recieving summons to court from creditors I called them up and asked them why am I recieving these summons to go to court I am with a debt settlement company that is handling all this. They explained to me that have never been notified at all about anything and that I have gone to many months without payments or even contacting them. Due that the debt settlement company was suppose to that. So I had no choice but to borrow money and get up 10, 000 to pay off these credit card companies. I thank god they were all nice to me and understanding and work out everything possible to help me. Even though I did settlements with them. Which I heard isn't so good on your credit but at that point I had to do what going to help. Isn't like my credit wasn't shot now due to Campos Chartered Law Firm not doing anything. So I am taking this as far as I could go. To news station, to small claims court. And I will continue calling them until I get my money back. And in the mist of this they changed names to Consumer Protection Law Center so beware of that name as well.

• Fr
    Francisco Peralta Oct 24, 2008

Campos Chater Law Firm, also took my money. A total of 3, 150. They promised me to take care of my debt, but it has al ready been a year. I asked for my money back, and now they're protected by the court and it's probably going to be hard to get my money back. they are crooks that live to steal peoples money. that Diesel guy is a terrible person, because when i called to request my money back, all he did was laugh.

Jody Dowdle Nov 14, 2008

Good News -
    They were shut down by the Atty General's office. If you call their # at 1-800-518-4389, they will tell you this. You have to call 954-510-7840 to speak with the atty's office that is handeling all of our money. You have to file the claim by the end of the year, but they will not be cutting the refunds until April of next year. A long time to wait, but at least it's coming.

Chris Feb 17, 2009

I filed my claim and hope a can get my money back!

Campos Chartered Law FirmNon payment of refund!

They take your money and don't do anything. They had not paid off one debt although they had over 4000 of my money. They changed names 3 times in 1 year and w asked for refund delayed it forever and sent wrong amount due to a error. They then sent to management for review. They are terrible at customer service and I was able to do more my self then they did. Super con artist and should be put out of business.

Janet Struempfler Sep 12, 2008

I am having same problem with this company. They take your money for there fees first and I have had to go to court 2 times because they never got in touch with my credit cards. I asked for a refund and nobody doesn't do anything. I am already waiting a month for my refund and they told me to fax a letter to them. i did that today and waiting to see what happens.

• Ta
    Tammy Brink Sep 24, 2008

I too went with Campos with no results and am in the middle of bankrupcy now. I am also waiting for my refund which I soon hope to get to pay my attorney with. They offered false hope and it has been terrible to live this way.

• Lo
    lorraine romanelli Oct 28, 2008

i am deaf and i still owe to capital one and i was looking forward to peace in 2009 of march now i lose it for nothing for 5 hundred dallors a month, i felt so anry and do nothing for me . i did emailed and faxed them . no answer and it not normal. god is punished them what they did to 20 thounsands captial one consumers . i am pray all of you to be heal soon and forgiving debt to capital one consumers.thats hurt me lot, campos chartred law is scam and pay them back, god know
    thanks

Campos Chartered Law Firm — Did not save my credit score!

After telling me that they would negotiate with my creditors and keep me out of court, and advising me to go...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices