BulldogsRUs.net Complaints & Reviews

BulldogsRUs.netOur bulldog had problems

We purchased an english bulldog puppy from Robin in November 2017, that we had seen a photo of

online.The transaction went very smoothly and she was always very nice on the phone. Marty cost

$3000, because Robin assured us that he came from the finest champion breeding lines. When Marty

arrived I noticed that he walked funny. He was adorable, and sweet as could be but he had a bit of an odd

gait. We took him to two vets, first our regular family vet and then a specialist. We left the final

appointment in tears. Marty had a severe deformity of his right front leg. His ulna is growing faster than

his radius. They recommended a plan for 3 surgeries to correct his leg at an estimated cost of $10, 500. or

$3500 per surgery. Marty also has demodectic mange and has been on medicine for that for 3 months,

and has a weekly bath with special shampoo. At his last appointment he was mange free, after 90 days on

medicine. The third problem with Marty is that he came to us with Cryptorchidism, meaning he only

had one testicle. The other was up in his abdominal wall. Robin said that Marty could be a show dog, and

not just that but he would win! While I am not an expert on dog showing, I do believe that you cannot

show a Cryptorchid dog that has Demodectic Mange, and a deformed leg and expect to find a blue ribbon

around his neck. When I called Robin and told her about Marty's problems, she did offer a full refund if we

sent him back...however, and this is a big however...we simply are madly in love with him and would

never send him back. His vet bills have been $1275.00 in the 4 months he has been with us. That on top

of the money we paid for him. He is love personified and has made us so profoundly happy...There is

simply no way I could ever send him back. But I do feel like we were taken advantage of personally and

financially. I hope this helps someone. Fondly, Ryan

Comment Guidelines

4 Responses
    • Va
      Valerie Ramirez Jul 25, 2008

Hi Ryan
      I purchased an English Bulldog from Robin also in Nov '07
      The problems began 6 days in my home. Ozzie came to me with upper respitory infection, parvo, coccodia #4 and phenumona he was under guarded condition for 1 week with Dr. Weinstein, if only that were his problems. Ozzie went thru 3 vets and 3 unfit for sale notices just to find out that he was blind, brain damaged with vicious seizures and crippling. Robin still didn't take care of her responsibility regarding her contract. I was told by her vet not to take any replacement puppy that they are all sick. Finally I took her to small claims court won the judgement and possession of OZZIE but Robin doesn't pay of course. I know how much you love your puppy and I've tried everything I could for mine. I tried to put him in animal rescue but when Ozzie was there he showed his brain damage so severe, his aggression was like a pit bull we tried to medicate him for that, nothing worked. Finally I had to Euthanize him on May 12, 2017, he was only 8 months old.
      I was not going to be a victim of Robin so even before I took her to court I Notified the ASPCA'S LEGAL DEPT IN NEW YORK, THE DEPT. OF AGRICULTURE MARKETS AND PET LICENSING IN ABLANY, THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE NEW YORK and FINALLY CAPS IN MASS. THEY ALL TOOK MY COMPLIANTS SERIOUSLY I hope you notified these agencys. Thats the only way this will stop, I hope you know that if you have an UNFIT for SALE from your vet you know you can get a refund from her there is also the pet lemon law in NY that states that and do you have the sale of cats and dogs, Probably not Robin didn't give me one either nor did I get a health certificate. But in all my research after the fact I got these copies from the aspca. Don't be taken advantage by her take action you can sue her for you refund and still keep your dog because if hes declared unfit that means he is a rescue dog not worth $3, 000.00 + unbelievable medical bills. You can love and keep him but you don't have to pay for him, thats the law. Think about it. For me every inconvience I cause her for what she did to my daughter and family it makes me feel better that I'm going after her legally. My story hit the Daily News on Sunday June 29, 2017. You can pull it up under "SOME PAWS FOR CONCERN". Ryan your story will help alot of people but if animal protection agencies don't know our problems they can't go after these people. You can help by 3 to 4 phone calls, they follow up believe me that's what I'm doing.

• Va
      Valerie Ramirez Jul 24, 2008

Ryan,
      My name is Valerie and I also purchaed a Bulldog puppy in November 2017.
      I know we fall in love with these dogs I got a buet myself, my puppie came with parasites, respitory infection, parvo coccodia #4, my dog was diagnoised blind, seizures you wouldn't believe with brain damage. I did everything for my pup that I could I neutered my puppy at 6 months in hopes it would stop his agression then I started putting in my compliants with the ASPCA LEGAL DEPT NEW YORK, THE DEPT. OF AGRICULTURE PET LICENSING ALBANY AND AN ANIMAL PROTECTION AGENCY IN MASS CALLED CAPS. I'm making pogress with these agencys . Where do you live, if in our 5 boros please tell me you have contacted these 3 agencies, they are wonderful they will help you. They are helping me stop this horrible breeder as I speak to you now.
      My story came out in the Daily News on Sunday June 29, 2017
      it's pretty interesting, try to pull it up, if you can't it's somewhere on this board. You sound like you still have your pup and lots of medical expenses. Unfortunally for me we had to euthanize our Ozzie for violent seizures due to his brain damage so severe, we tried to have Long Island Bulldog resuce place him but when their vet saw Ozzie he was having a seziure, they tried to medicate him but his brain was so bad there was no hope for him. We are heart broken in the Bronx and just so you know don't let this go, don't be a victim of Robin Schulder, She gets away with this because nobody takes the time to take her down, I have alot of unsatisfied consumers working on her with me. I took her to court and won my case. Think about it, It's alot of work, but for me and alot of people screwed by her are following up, things are worth it, You're not alone

• Ra
      R. Ambam Nov 20, 2007

What kind of 'reputable breeder' sends a puppy to someone that they have never even met, let alone checked into to ensure they will provide a good home? It sounds like your breeder's main concern is the check, and not the well-being of the dog. Your puppy managed through pure luck to end up with a good family, but how many others end up with people who have no knowledge of the breed and are unprepared for this addition to the family? Backyard Breeders like this one are responsible for the suffering and deaths of untold numbers of dogs.

• Br
      Brendon Oct 17, 2007

Hey Name is Sheila and my husband is Bob were out of Texas. We purchased an English bulldog puppy names Chubby and this was from the same breeder posted here Robin from BulldogsRus.net. We love him to say the least and we found this site and figured we would put in a word for Robin. We never met her or the bullies, but she shipped us the puppy that is now 4 months old and is a loved member of our family he is a sweet healthy guy. So myself and my husband wanted to let you guys know she sold me great pup and my 2 kids are thrilled with him.Please email me and I will get back to any legitimate emails. Thanks Sheila and Bob!

BulldogsRUs.net — Robin Schulder tried to pass herself off as someone else to make her sound good! Keep trying scammer...

Robin is the biggest liar I've ever come across. She has been pretending to be others on these posting...