Bombay Company Complaints & Reviews

Bombay CompanyNote honoring Lifetime Guarantee

Please help! I found out that the Bombay Company still has life yet just north of the boarder and we requested that they uphold their lifetime guarantee to repair or fix our couch as needed. Basically we received a less than favorable and basically snarky email from the Bombay Company stating that they are not willing to honor our lifetime guarantee on this furniture. Please see the link below for out Change.org site for more details.

Join us in this Red Couch War and help promote a better life for our living-room! Red Couch Warriors can visit the following link:

Note honoring Lifetime Guarantee

• Je
    jenn564 Aug 13, 2012

Bombay in Canada is a completely new business and apparently don't have rights to ship to the U.S.
    You should try the Bombay Company in the U.S. thebombaycompany.com; they took ownership.

• Asher Morton-Maystein Aug 13, 2012

Thanks Jenn564:
    I already talked with them and they basically told me I was out of luck. Bombay was not very helpful with this request at all. I would think twice before buying anything of significant value even if they offer a lifetime guarantee. The guarantee may not really be there when you need it.

Bombay CompanyFalse advertising, refuse to accept return

The description and picture of this item clearly states that the blocks have rattan, wood, metal and stone on each one, and look good in the picture. I received these in late September, but because I was painting the room I wanted to hang them in, I didn't open the box for several weeks. I was shocked to see they were merely painted, with no embellishments. I began sending emails to return these in November, and after four attempts, finally got a reply saying "sorry, you can only return after 30 days". I think any reputable company would take back merchandise that has so clearly been falsely advertised and promoted. I wonder if anyone actually got the blocks that were described.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices