Menu
E
9:07 am EDT

Body Lean - repeatedly charged credit card

I signed up for a trial offer where you just pay for shipping. I was given the option of trying the product, keeping it, and canceling future shipments if I was not satisfied. My intention was not to keep recieving shipments so the day I recieved the trial bottle, I called and closed my account with them. Almost two months later I started seeing charges from them for various amounts. I never recieved any future products from them. The charges, however, were reversed through my credit card and I was given a new account number.

Read full review of Body Lean

4 comments
Jun 03, 2016 8:21 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

STAY AWAY! I agreed to a free trial (just pay 1.99 shipping) of the Body Lean product. Then when I received it I realized it said not for use if pregnant. Well, not knowing when I might become pregnant again, I didn't want to use it till I know I'm done having kids. So, I'm saving it. Also, ordered it for my hubby who wasn't interested in the product. So, I planned to cancel it but was charged after only 10 days (79.95 for both my husband and myself) before the promised 2 wk. trial was even over.

I called and asked if I could return the product and they told me the correct address to return it to and were nice about it. So, I waited an appropriate amount of time to see the refund on my credit card bill and never saw it. I've tried several times to call both numbers I have (the self-help number as well as the number on my credit card and it says both are "temporarily unavailable." What the heck does that mean?!?!

WHAT CAN I DO NOW? That's a lot of money!

Jun 03, 2016 8:17 am EDT

I got a phone call about this product and they said it was a free trial. All I had to do was pay for shipping. They charged my credit card three times for $69.95 before I even received the product! I had to make several phone calls to get my refunds(which took months!) They kept telling me that I would receive the product but NEVER did! So then I requested a refund for the shipping that I paid and they said they would send me a refund check which never came! So I called my credit card company and disputed the charges and they told me that company was a scam and that they were on CNN last month! I will never make that mistake again!

Jun 03, 2016 8:21 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This is mkc1221 again... meant to say in title that I had unauthorized charges, returned the product to THEM, and now can't contact the company anymore!

Jun 03, 2016 8:17 am EDT

What number did you use to get ahold of them?

Hide full review
G
6:40 am EDT

Body Lean - Unauthorized billing

I ordered Body Lean from an unsolicited phone call. First mistake.

The product was 'free.' All I had to pay for was S&H. The sales person assured me that there would be no 'automatic charges' for future orders. ($99). Toward the end of the conversation, she let slip that there would be automatic reorders. (Conveniently after she already had my credit card information.) I told her that I didn't want the product any more. She told me she would cancel the auto-ship and not to worry about it. In fact, I would be receiving a call from her supervisor advising me of my right to cancel. No need to worry about it. She already did it. I agreed to keep the first order.

Sure enough, I got a message from the supervisor advising me of the cancellation procedure. I called and, as I expected, no one had canceled the auto-ship as promised. I canceled it and got the cancellation numbers. I tried to cancel the original order, but they told me it had already shipped. I was supposed to get it by 11/1.

By 11/14 the product had not arrived. I called again and was told that there was some sort of glitch, it was fixed, and the product was already shipped so I couldn't cancel. By 11/19 I still had not received the product.

I called on 11/19 and told them I still hadn't received the product. This time the person was honest and told me it HADN'T shipped. I canceled the order and was assured that I would not be charged.

On 11/27 I received my credit card statement and sure enough, I WAS charged.

I called the company on 12/1. After 1/2 an hour on hold, I spoke to the same woman I spoke to on 11/14. She told me the product HAD been shipped and I couldn't cancel. I told her that's what she told me on 11/14. She then 'clarified' and told me that the product had been 'shipped' to their office in Northern California, but not to me. I told her to cancel it since I didn't believe her and she already lied to me once. She got indignant and said she didn't lie to me. (The stuff still hasn't shipped.) She said I couldn't cancel. I told her I would dispute the amount with my credit card company and she said, 'you're going to dispute a $4.87 charge?' (I guess this is what they rely on.) I said 'yes I am.' I asked for the name of her company and she said JC Marketing. Before I could ask for the address, she hung up on me.

I immediately called my credit card company and they were very good about it. They issued me a credit for these charges.

Read full review of Body Lean

7 comments
Nov 16, 2011 8:16 pm EST

The man said that I was chosen to take part of small group of individuals who could try a new product before it was released in stores and our testimonies would be used in commercials. It was a weight loss shake and he would send me 2 weeks supply free if I paid $1.00 shipping and handeling. The product never arrived and my credit card was charged $139.90 and $159.90 twice by BODY LEAN in St. George, Utah.

Jun 06, 2010 2:30 pm EDT

Checked my debit card balance today and noticed a charge of $139.90 with notation of Body Lean St George, no phone number or address, they had no authorization for any chargessince I never ordered to spoke to anyone at all about this product. There was never anything shipped just a unauthorized charge against my card.

K
May 25, 2010 5:57 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i had a call about my order and was told that i would recieve one hundred dollars worth of gas vouchers as a gift within 24 hours of my call and still have not recieved them .

R

money was taken out of my account and i haven't received any products at all.

I
Jan 06, 2009 9:11 am EST

I ordered a trial on their product for me and my wife on 10/20/08 and the girl told me that the trial period ran 15 days from that date, 2 weeks I called because I had not you received the product and I canceled any further shipments. Today I received my credit card statement and there are two charger for $69.95 on 11/9/0 and on 11/11/08 and no charge for the original order of $9.90. Today is 11/29/08 and I still have not received the original order which I was told was back ordered and I have been charged 2 times for the full price amount of $69.95 and I am steaming mad that I let this happen.

S
Jun 25, 2010 7:57 am EDT

the same thing happen to me. was charged never got product, called to cancel they still charged my account. cant get a hold of anyone. i lost out on 139.00

J
May 11, 2010 8:24 am EDT

what number are you calling? i can't even get a hold of them. thank you for the information i can't believe i got suckered into this scam

Hide full review

ADVERTISIMENT
Is this your company? Claim your business, engage with your consumers, leave official public responses, track complaints and customer replies at no cost. Get free account