Bill Heard Chevrolet Complaints & Reviews

Bill Heard ChevroletThe dealership promised to trade my car in after six months of on time payments and then they closed

When I went in to Bill Heard I was told they could work a deal for me, that would in the best interest of my family. I was told that all I wouldn't have payments over $390.00 after the finance guy was done with the numbers they can back with $460.00 I was very dis-satisfied with the offer and the vehicle that I supposedly qualified for which is a 2008 Chevy HHR. I explained to the manager that I would rather just keep my trade in and try somewhere else. He explained to me that the problem was I have to have insurance befor I could leave the lot and that was inculded in that price, but once I got my own coverage the $70.00 would no longer be a requirment. I agreed knowing that. When I went in to sign the forms for the car the monthly payment was then 540.00. The explaination for the additional 50.00 was for gap insurance and all brand new cars had to have gap insurance or they would not be able to do the deal. I was very displeased and decided not to take the new car. The manager was callled in and I was told that the program that I qualified for was a six month trade in plan, and I could bring the car back to BILL HEARD CHEVROLET IN UNION CITY, GA after six months of on time payments and make the trade into something I wanted. Within the six months the dealership was closed down. Now I am stuck with a crappy car and a high payment that I can't afford.

Bill Heard ChevroletLIERS

I WENT TO TRADE IN A VAN THAT THEY SOLD ME A COUPLE YEARS AGO, THEY GAVE ME $10,000 FOR IT BUT WHEN WE GOT A HHR 2008 FOR IT ALL WE OWE ON THE VAN WAS ADDED TO THE NEW CAR. THEY ALSO ASK ME FOR A CO-SIGNER AND MY DAD AGREED TO BE IT. TWO WEEKS LATER THEY STILL HAVEN'T SEND THE PAPERS OF THE SALE, WHEN THE PAPERS GOT HOME THEY WHERE ON MY DAD'S NAME ONLY I DIDN'T APPEAR IN THE PAPERS AT ALL, I CALLED THEM AND THEIR ANSWER WAS THAT MY CREDIT WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR THAT PURCHASE, SO NOW I'M DRIVING THE CAR BACK TO THE DEALER AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS... WISH ME LUCK!

• Je
    Jeff Aug 18, 2008

The same thing happen to me. 8/12/2008 they had me to fill out paper work and let me keep the car for a couple of days. I was getting a HHR Special edition. When it came time for me to get the car they stated that I needed a Co-signer. I think they are full of ### and the need to be shut down.

• Zx
    zx Oct 06, 2008

Bill Heard out of business Sept. 2008 in part due to the scam tatics used over the years...

Bill Heard ChevroletSell overpriced and broken cars

Purchased a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix for over $20,000 (which I financed the whole thing) in February 2006 from Bill Heard, there are now three things wrong with the car in this short period of time that the warranty they added on to the sale will not cover. They told me the warranty would cover everything that I had a problem with but I come to find out from a GMC dealer here in Sacramento that is not the case and I was misled. I feel that they charged me way to much for the vehicle and were very dishonest in disclosing the details of the warranty they added to the sale. I normally dont buy warranties and the loan guy said it was a good thing to have and that I needed it along with some gap insurance he added on that I now dont need. Obviously I am very upset because I wanted my car fixed with the warranty I had and come to find out nothing will be covered. The following items are wrong with the car: Child Window Locks do not work, Left Turn Signal Blinker will not work, Left driver side mirror is following out of the holding. Obviously the car has an electrical problem. The car was also way overpriced and is now worth only $8,000 compared to the $21,000 it cost me. Do not buy from this car dealership!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices