Bargainlink.ca Complaints & Reviews

Bargainlink.caWorthless products

This gets better and better.

I found this blurb on the Aragon website. Turns out this person worked 5 years at Memberworks, another notorious scammer, also with a Montreal location. According to the short bio here, he worked for two Fortune 1000 companies, Memberworks and, apparently, Second Cup, a chain of coffee bars where, according to the info pasted below, he was a coffee jockey.

____________________________________________
MIKE PIPICELLO
Director of Operations, Aragon Marketing Group

As Director of Operations at Aragon Marketing Group (AMG), Michael is responsible for overseeing day to day operations, customer service, sales retention, QA / compliance and implementation of policy and procedure specific to these departments. Prior to joining AMG, Michael held management positions in two fortune 1000 companies and as such brings over 5 years of pertinent experience and in-depth knowledge to his position. Having managed large teams and developed systems, policies and procedures as a former manager at Memberworks Canada, Inc. Michael brings valuable experience specific to the loyalty marketing sector. Michael holds an educational background in Marketing and a secondary degree in Management.

_________________________

Marketing and Advertising
Websites

* My Company

Mike Pipicello’s Summary

I am curently the Director of Operations at Aragon Marketing Group a young dynamic contact center which I have helped grow from 7 employees to 50 + in the last year.

I have been working in the contact center industry for 7 years, starting as a phone rep at Memberworks Canada (Vertrue) and finally working my way to my current position.

I love the constant shift in challenges and the need to be proactive and a quick decision maker. It is an industry that does not let you get bored of your job regardless if you are a person of routines or habit. This contact center experience along with my 12 years managment experience makes me feel right at home in this setting.
Mike Pipicello’s Specialties:

Consulting, Management, Strategic Planning, Creation and Implementation of Processes and Procedures, Gaining Efficiency/ Productivity from both processes and labor.
Mike Pipicello’s Experience

Director of Operations
Aragon Marketing Group

(Marketing and Advertising industry)

May 2007 — Present (3 years 2 months)

Escalations Supervisor
Memberworks

(Public Company; [protected] employees; VTRU; Marketing and Advertising industry)

2002 — 2007 (5 years )
Escalations Supervisor
Memberworks Canada

(Marketing and Advertising industry)

2002 — 2007 (5 years )
Assistant Manager
Second Cup

(Public Company; Food & Beverages industry)

1997 — 2002 (5 years )

Mike Pipicello’s Education

Lasalle College

Marketing and Managment 2000 — 2002
___________________________________________________

Please note that this information is freely available on the Internet, for the price of a few clicks. These people are obviously not very much afraid of being prosecuted, operating on the verge of the illegal/criminal, protected by confusion, the small amounts of money involved and the reluctance of victims to waste their time recovering what is mostly small amounts of money. All they need to do to be successful is to scam a good number of people, close the current scam, open a new one and start anew.

Bargainlink.caUnauthorized Charges

I bought a Slap Chop which I was outrageously overcharged for shipping...and then to my surprise Vacationsavers and BargainLink charges started showing up on my Mastercard statement. The first ones to go through were $1.95 and $1.96... When I called Mastercard, they said they charged my account again, each company $19.95.

The scam started at Slap Chop website... when the online purchase was completed a screen came up saying click on this link and get a $20.00 gift card for gas and a $70.00 gift card from Canadian Tire. I assume that is how they lifted my credit card info and email address from the Slap Chop site.

Mastercard is disputing the charges at this time

Beware of these companies

Oh and then to add insult... I was just in at Canadian Tire and Shoppers Drugmart. Both were selling Slap Chop for less than $19.95 and no $60.00 shipping charge.

• Mi
    Mike YBL Feb 15, 2011

Hello, I am the Director of Membership Services for the Bargainlink.ca program. Bargainlink.ca is a membership savings program that offers thousands of Canadian members thousands of dollars in savings on brand named products every day. We would like to help you get your issue resolved. We definitely do not want members to feel that they were falsely signed up to our memberships. We have many practices in place to ensure that these types of issues do not arise. Please feel free to call us toll free at 1-800-375-1795 so we can go over your membership details and assist you in getting your concerns taken care of. Our customer service department is available an open 24 hours per day 7days per week for your convenience.

• Ji
    jim grimmer Apr 10, 2011

Being charged 19.95 for april and march this year and want money back...Have not bought anything and dont intend to.

• Va
    valleyvintner Apr 13, 2011

It is a serious offense to make unauthorized use of a customer's credit card information. No authorization exists for charging a membership fee to my credit card account. Please reverse the $19.95 charge dated March 26, 2011 to the account of Wm. H. Phillips. If this is not done emphatic steps will be taken to secure compliance.

• Va
    valleyvintner Apr 13, 2011

Thank you for providing instructions for remedying this. Please keep in mind that this is not a matter of correcting an error, but of undoing an illegal act. It would be wise to discontinue the practice of "signing up members" without their express knowledge and consent.

• Gl
    G Larsen Jul 13, 2011

was talked into a 14 day free trial password andusername arrived in mail july the 12 stating that the free trial expired on july 01 I called to cancel they said that account was closed but I have been billed for july on my american express card tried to log onto site using user name and password and it dosnt log me in. do not fall for this scam its a money grab !!

• Ci
    Citizen Ro Jul 13, 2011

I have never done business with this particular company, however, the choreography of the scam is exactly the same as the Ultra Berry Blast, EngergizeMe Up scam. There needs to be a way to stop these. I am trying to work with my bank, but the company keeps morphing, old website replaced by new name, same deal, etc. They are very evil. Only a federal government agency can stop this. Unfortunately, those agencies were depleted by President Bush, and the assault on public employees has no doubt affected potential employment for Elizabeth Warren's consumer protection agency. The Congress--who will be going on a long summer vacation--refuses to even confirm her appointment, and as we know is trying to shut down the government. Write to your attorney general's office, your local prosecutor, and federal consumer protection. Also, write to the Attorney General of Utah. (I don't have their address yet, but I am searching for it, and will succeed in getting it.) It is important to make the complaints to the agencies. THey sometimes make decisions about which frauds to pursue based upon a particular number of complaints received. Yours could be the magic number. Obviously, they cannot do everything, but this type of scam appears to be very prevalent.

Another Complainer Dec 05, 2011

I am the victim of this scam too. Vacation Savers and BARGAINLINK.CA are operating out of QUEBEC and charging unauthorized payments out of the credit card. I tried to call the number above and could not get through. This must be stopped.

• Dr
    Dragonflycat Jul 04, 2012

Just discovered $19.95 has been coming off my visa since April/11!!! I didn't sign anything and have no idea how I got a "membership". I just now called and am being reimbursed for 3 months...and my "account" cancelled! This is amazing...!!!