Archos Complaints & Reviews

ArchosJunk products

I purchased a 404 camcorder Aug. '07 at Sam's Clubalong with $160. worth of accessories direct from Archos. After numerous attempts of trying to get decent pictures and videos through settings and firmware updates, Archos finally gave me an RMA for my unit. They returned to me a brand new unit. After about two good videos taken, the same poor quality returned. Contacted Archos support again who advised a firmware update. Did the update and still had poor quality. The videos are not sharp, lighting is poor. I called Tech. Support and eventually was told that there is nothing else they "would" do for me. I expressed my concern that the pictures on the box shows clear, sharp images on the camera, unlike what I have been getting from mine. I was told that "the unit is not a top of the line" item. So basically I am stuck with it!. Contacting Sam's Club who is good about allowing their customers to return items. Am also advising Sam's Club not to sell any more of these products. I will direct them to the Consumer Complaint website so they can read for themselves. It is my opinion that Archos is selling Chinese "Junk" and are not willing to be responsible for the products they are producing.

• Ar
    Archost out-don't buy them Apr 07, 2009

I have bought several Archos products and will never buy one again. There customer service stinks, there is no customer care whatsoever and when you have a fault they are oblivious to help.

The DVR Docking station is a joke. it won't record and the program quide is very poor with a very very limited selection of programs, but pointless if it won't record. Totally useless.

Archos products do not do what they claim they will do and there should be a law to stop them selling worthless products.

Buy an Archos and you will end up having a living nightmare-that you can be sure of.

• Tr
    Truc An Lam Aug 08, 2009

I have a muti-media device that was given to me as a present. It works fine as a mp3 player, however if you want to use it as a proper multi-media device you'll have to spend another £6o on a series of plug-ins that. This seems a total ripoff and will only deterred me from buying their product in the future.

Avoid Archos product like the plague.

PS. I have brought myself a Samsung new note book. It's cheaper easier to use. I haven't had to use their customer support yet as nothing has gone wrong with it.

ArchosScam to build profit!

I was on deployment when I wanted a MP3 for the gym. I went online through the military store AAFES and found this 4G MINI mp3. I ordered 2 of them but only received one. Once I returned from Iraq the MP3 became non respondent to anything. Since it was still under warranty I returned the product for repairs. Now here comes the headache, even though this product was ship to me over seas, ARCHOS company is now telling me that they no longer ship to over seas and that I needed to provide a stateside address for return shipment. I gave them my parents stateside address. A month later a got a email telling me that I needed to contact tech support for payment arrangements to repair product. No problem I call the number that was given by tech support and now they tell me that I have to give a physical address and not a post office box. I try to explain that this is the only stateside address I have and had since I was a child. Bottom line is now I have to contact UPS in the area to have them to receive the shipment and hold for pickup for my parents to pick up. I ask before I sent out the product for repair. I contacted ARCHOS several times to find out that I could not get the product repaired over seas and they told me what address and what info I needed to include in the package to send to them. I did every thing they told me and I am still having difficulties in getting the product repaired and now I'm not even getting through to customer support. No one is answering the phones. I feel that I have been given a product under false pretense. I am not getting the customer support I thought that came with any product you purchase. This product was something that I very much enjoyed for the short time that it worked. And I was considering purchasing more for my wife and my 2 kids. But after this ordeal and having soldiers on post see me go through this sends out a message from ARCHOS that says "you can buy this product but don't count on ARCHOS to repair it or provide customer service". Its like once ARCHOS gets your money the relationship is over. Something needs to be done about this. All customers should be treated with a little more respect and honesty. No one wants to do business with a company if they think its just a scam to build profit.

Archos — Products are junk!

Do not purchase archos products! Their products are junk! When they inevitably fail, as they will, getting...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices