Apex Professionals Complaints & Reviews

Apex ProfessionalsSales Rep provided bad tax information

Apex Professionals are giving their customers bad information regarding taxes. I prepare taxes and I had a tax client come in last week who paid Apex Professionals $2700 to "take" her timeshare. As part of Apex's sales pitch to her, they told her she could deducted the loss of the timeshare on her federal tax return. The Apex rep calculated my client's loss on the timeshare and even filled about a sample Federal Schedule D - Capital Gains and Losses for her. That is not correct. My client owned her timeshare for personal use for 18 years. She did not purchase it for investment purposes, nor did she ever rent the timeshare. Therefore, it is considered personal property and the tax laws are very clear that you cannot deduct a loss on the sale of personal property. I have called Apex three times regarding my client's issue and they will not return my call. The woman at the Apex call center is very polite and says she will pass the information on to the appropriate person, but I have yet to receive a phone call back and it has been a week.

Apex Professionalsbuying timeshares

My husband accepted a meeting w/this co.They told him they wanted to buy our timeshare.He had already gotten scammed by another co. that was suppossed to list and rent out our timeshare for us.(over 3 grand !) So before this meeting took place I looked them up by simply googling their name and could'nt believe the # of sites that came up-none with anything good to say about them.One in peticular was the Better Business B.Check it out ! No, we did not keep this appointment !Am I GLAD I insisted on doing this check first !!!

Mary Mullenix Sep 21, 2009

So sorry we met up with Apex Company. We lost our 2 time shares that we had over $50, 000. invested in plus over $5, 000. for Apex to take it out of our name. We went there expecting to sell our Timeshares but instead they tell you horror stories of how Timeshares are taking advantange of you and increasing your maintenance fees. Under the scare tactic, you sign the papers and you are in trouble.

Apex Professionals — loss of my time

My husband and I had to sit thru almost 2 hours of a lot of double talk with the company apex, they wanted u...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices