apartment complex Complaints & Reviews

apartment complexhousing

My complaint is that I get evicted from an apartment rental once in awhile and I don't have enough time and money to find another apartment to move to. Consequently I end up having to go out into the street with no shelter. I've been "homeless" since 1998 without any permanent housing. Either I'm doing something wrong or more laws should be passed to prevent this sort of thing from happening. I have a life to live and I can't live it out in the street without a roof over my head!

• Ir
    Irene Otis Aug 20, 2010

You seem to have no problem finding an internet connection. It sounds like you don't put your affairs in order on a day to day bases. If you have a mental health problem go to the county health department in your location and they will try to help you with housing.

apartment complexEVERYTHING

First, after moving in we discovered the apartment was NOT cleaned. The tub was black, the kitchen & bathroom floors had paint ALL over them, the vents were COVERED in DUST and there were ROACHES. The washer and dryers in this unit only except the "coinmach" card...there is only 1 building in this entire complex that you can use to add money to the card and it was broke for a week. The washer & dryer in our particular unit are a piece of trash. 2 washers dont work and the other 2 dont use the temperature you set it too, set it to warm, one uses COLD and the other uses HOT which resulted in ruining my clothes. The leasing office does nothing to help with this problem but tell you to call the number on the machine and complain... what a great leasing office representative. The floor board was missing in the kitchen when we first moved in which was suppose to be fixed prior to moving in but wasnt. After asking 3 times, she sent out a maintenance man to fix who NAILED the floor board in the wall with 5 NAILS all thru thr center of the floor board. This is a white floor board which now has nail all over it. TACKY! They did do a nice "face lift" on the apartments which enabled them to charge an addidtional $100 a month on rent but they are still the same ### apartments they have always been.. Calling the leasing office with complaints does NOTHING and the Maintenance staff does not care. Our front door is very difficult to open and close, which we informed them when we moved in and NOTHING has been done about this either. There is nobody above the leasing office to go too? I want answers, I want to know why there is a sign in front of the leasing office saying Bethany Homes "raising the standards of living" or come crap because they definately have done nothing to remotely make this happen. This place has been nothing but a headache and as far as I am concerned when the lease is up I am out. The floors "creek" so bad you can hear every step the people upstairs take. The walls must be paper thin because we can hear everything going on next door. The dishwasher was suppose to be brand new but had to be replaced within the first attempt to use it, it didnt work. There is no counter space in the kitchen and there is no drawer for a silverware tray. This is minor compared to the other things but it took a month to adjust to the little bit of space there is here. I would NOT recommend these apartments to anyone. Carroll Island apartments may not have been remodeled, they still have the old look and the kitchen is old but they are still better then this place.

apartment complexbad service

i just can't believe this people something doesnt work in my apartment and even that i call and ask them nicely to fix it they dont do nothing about it.
there has been some issues before about little thing, this time is my bathroom
i have call them since last thursday about a the water supplies and i still waiting for an answer there is comnig a lot of water from the bathtob water supply leaking a lot of water and costing me money because then im going to have to pay it when the utility bill come to me charging for all that waste it water .
thank you for you time and i hope they start taking their job a little more seriously.

• Fa
    FayeRo Aug 13, 2013

I live at The Reserve @ Alamo Heights. Unfortunately management is merely there to get new tenants & collect rent. Other than making sure the landscaping is done weekly management has done little to nothing to repair the things in my apartment & breezeway that I have called about, sent notes about, & even completed maintenance request for the past two months. Beware because everything that glitters isn't gold. Management glitters beyond belief! DON'T RENT AT THIS COMPLEX!!!

• Pe
    Pedro J. Colon Feb 05, 2016

signed a lease agreement where i was to pay a flat rate for my water and sewage fee. well before my contract expired the main office came up with an idea of all tenants were to share the cost of water and sewage from the property based on size of unit and number of persons in that unit. well now i pay more rent and i live by myself in a one bedroom unit. i just can't see why i have to share what other tenants use and specially when i already signed a contract to pay a flat rate for these services. do i bring up a good argument? if i bring this up with the office they might just raise my rent when my renewal comes up in a few months. what is the best thing to do? i already brought up the issue with them but i do not want to push it. i thought when anyone signs a lease that everything on that lease becomes binding. please help for i am a bit confused.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices