Americast Porcelain Sink Complaints & Reviews

Americast Porcelain SinkKitchen sink

After reading the complaints about this product I feel fortunate that my sink lasted 14 years. Water was discovered in the sink cabinet in the kitchen. Upon inspection I found the black underside of the sink had 2 large cracks in it. The sink has a light coating of white enamel on the surface that you see.; that has been chipping for years, but got so bad, I had to cover the left edge with white duct tape to stop the chips from popping off the upper surface. (every morning for the past 4 months we'd wake up to find white enamel chips on the counter top ) However, the cracks on the underside of the sink are just unbelievable. I have never experienced anything remotely similar to the breakdown of the materials that make up this product. I own and manage a total of five properties including our own dwelling, which require all sorts of necessary repairs, just through wear and tear alone, but have never purchased any product as bad as an Americast sink. Greg Olear Madison, NJ 07940

Americast Porcelain SinkNever expected this new sink to crack or chip

We have a double Americast porcelain sink which was installed in our remodeled kitchen approximately 7 yrs ago. Over the past 10 months, the top ridge of the sink has been cracking a rusting and the back lip where nothing touches it has chipped off porcelain and is cracking and rusting.

I would like to know what Americast is willing to do to make this right. Kitchen sinks should last at least 20 yrs or more and we would have never expected this new sink to crack or chip especially where nothing ever makes contact with it.

I would like to hear from Americast about what can be done to correct the problem.

Please respond to this e-mail. If you need something in writing, please provide your address, etc. and I will be happy to do that for you.

Disppointed,

V.L.
New Hampshire

jon perry Jan 12, 2007

Approximately 10 years ago I personally install an American Standard "Americast" kitchen sink; I install it according to the directions. Over the last couple of years, the enamel on the front lip has begun to chip, starting from the bottom of the rim. I talked to an American Standard representative, and was told that the sink was not install correctly, and that there was nothing that could do about the problem. This appears to be a "pat" answer that American Standard uses for this problem. I have decided that their "Americast" sinks are inherently flawed, and consumers should be aware of the problems they present.

Joanne Jan 12, 2007

I read both complaint about Americast kitchen sinks, as I have the SAME problem. So when I called customer service, I was asked to send email, with case number, and include relevant pictures. I took very detailed close up shots of the damage, but also of the rest of the sink rim, showing the presence of the still bonded adhesive caulking. I told them the type and grade of sealent used,(industrial, adhesive sealant approved for wet locations)place of purchase, and approximate age, also that the sink was installed by a licensed plumber. My warranty replacement was approved the next day, and they have contacted me to make sure they get the right sink out to me. I know that in filing warranty requests, it is very important to make it stick the first time, so I would urge those who need to file a claim to do the footwork first. I sent them bugs-eye view of the sink rim the rusted and the not rusted, so they could see that it was installed properly. They say my claim is approved and a replacement will be sent out right away.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices