AMA Health Options Complaints & Reviews

AMA Health Options — MONIES TAKEN FROM MY DEBIT CARD

MY BANK CALL ME ON MAY 2, TO LET MAKE ME AWARE OF SOME CHARGES TO DEBIT CARD 2 CHARGES FOR 3.95 /TWO FOR...

AMA Health OptionsMoney taken from account!

This company AMA Health Options (866.915.1190 in Texas) takes money out of my account every month, from $1.00 to $49.00 without my approval or purchase of products or services. I have called them many times and they claim not to have my "account" on file and hang up on me.

• Th
      Thomas May 07, 2008

...noticed a charge of $49.95? Did you notice that the first month was $9.95? Geeez... You did speak to a telemarketer. You made the mistake of saying OK or Sure. You should have said NO.

• Me
      melissa Apr 20, 2008

I have been charged 49.95 twice, I never spoke to any telemarkerters, nore did i fill out anything on the internet infact when i called he first time they had someone eles's name with my address. I'm currently disputing the charges with my bank and hopefully this nightmare will come to a end.

• Ka
      Karen Apr 15, 2008

I, too, have been getting charges on my credit card each month from AMA Health Options. I don't know how they got my credit card number, although I do know these charges started to appear after I did a survey over the Internet asking me all types of questions. I've contacted my bank to see if they can block any charges from them...maybe you can too?

AMA Health OptionsFraud/cheats

I am writing this letter along with my dispute form to provide a more detailed description of my dispute. I was contacted by a telemarketing company and enrolled for in a Health Options plan. During my enrollment process there was no concern giving to any of my questions/queries. I believe the conversation was recorded. The merchant promised that I would receive $1000 worth of grocery coupons and gas cards. Until this date I have not received any of these in the form of email, fax or postal mails. However, the charges to my credit card have been reoccurring every month since January 2008. When the first charge was posted on my credit card statement, I promptly disputed that claim with my credit card company and was credited the entire amount. This can be seen on my statement closing date 02/14/2008. The reference number for the charges was 8065 & 0743. The reference number for the credited amount was 9285 & 2415.

On 02/23/2008 I was again charged an amount of $49.95 & $19.95 by the same merchant. The reference numbers for the charges are 4522 & 9013. I do not understand how they could charge me when not providing any kind of service. I called the merchant and had a verbal altercation with them. They provided me a recording of my conversation when I initially signed up but they also promised the goods and service which were never received. They have no proof of them mailing it me and could not verify my member ID too. Infact when I called their number, they did not my member ID either. I did not receive any information regarding membership and even I had no clue.

• Sh
        sholy Usman yusuf Jun 08, 2016

I was shocked to fine that $49.95 was withdrawn from my account with Bank of America by AMA Health Options for a product that I never had prior knowledge of placing order for not to talk of even receiving it. This made me incur an overdraft service charge of $82. This is fraud and outrageous, especially for one who is a student and just new in this country.

Since I do not now the so call company, neither do I have their phone number, I want protection, and the protection I can only get is to place a stop order on further withdrawal from my account. Please advice smb!

Sam K May 06, 2008

I received stuff in the mail, but it wasn't what they implied. The grocery coupons were, you send in $2 to receive 10 coupons or something like that.. but you had to pay for them. The gas was a $10 gas card every 3 months, so you had to continue being signed up with them for a whole year to get the $40 worth. Totally a scam. I was dooped $100 from AMA... and I canceled when I got the thing in the mail, long before they took anything from my account. Lame! I canceled again with the number on my bank account so hopefully it will work completely this time! Either that or I change my account number...