Alliance Health Advisors, Inc Complaints & Reviews

Alliance Health Advisors, Inchealth insurance fraud

I thought when I was dealing with a Conor Flannigan of Aliiance Health that I had a reputible company. He took my information for health insurance gave me an id number and I gave him my banking information with a check number so that I would have health insurance as of Jan 1, 2009. Well I have not been able to get hold of him or anyone at his company with numerous phone calls. I even received a letter from them, which for one day I was able to speak to someone who said she was customer service but because she didn't have me in the system even with an id number she couldn't help me out and told me to contact the original number which has been to no avail. Noone calls me back and I am having charges from my bank for NSF. even though I put a stop payment on the origianl check number Alliance Health tried to put thru with a made up check number . The number on the letter I received from Alliance Health is not a good number - when dialed it says to please check the number and dial again - the address on the letter doesn't exist according to information. I don't know what else I can do. Someone please help me.

• Fl
      Flex Sep 15, 2009

FYI
      This is the owner and the companies that are supposed to supply the benefits for this bogus "Health PLan".
      Google this guy and his companies, and guess what you will find?
      Also go to www.[redacted]s.com and check them out on Complaints Board
      Him and his companies have been cease and desist by The Indiana and The North Carolina Insuranc eCommissions.

Charles Nelson Boyd

515 New Jersey St., Suite G

From a Concerned Consumer

• Bl
      Blufish Mar 25, 2010

I dealt with this company at this address however they call themselves "Comgressional Health Plans" (I am from Maryland)- Same deal here ...
      they "sell you an insurance plan" no information or cards arrive, and when you all the customer service number they say that they are a medical discount card program - TOTAL SCAM - It has taken me 10 days to find this much information - BEWARE!!!

Angry Jane Aug 06, 2010

I had an experience where the woman signed me up Health Option One which is a legitimate health insurance company. The only problem was the woman who called herself Tracie had misinformed me about the health insurance having perscription included in the plan that I signed up for. When I called the insurance company to check the programs co-pay on perscipton they said that they don't offer it in their company. I called back the woman and she said she thought that perscription was included. Of course I thought that was a load of B.S. but I trusted her as making a simple mistake and she gave the name of her boss who she said he would me back. I waited and got no call back, but luckly I demanded that she give me his last name which was the smart thing to do. I called back and asked to be connected with her boss and had got him luckly. I told about what Tracie did and of course I raised hell about it since she signed me up with a plan that didn't offer what I really needed. I'm sure that they are legitimate, but the problem is that their brokers, advisors do get commission for every insurance plan they get a person to accept. Some people will do anything for commission even lie through their teeth to hook a person like me who has epilepsy which is considered by insurance companies as what they call a pre-existing condition. I was smart not to sign up until I checked all the fine print and research all the things that she did say would be provided, but she lied about the most important need which is perscription and like a fool I believed her. I had told her that it was the most important part of my health insurance for me since my medication is very expensive. Now I am in the middle of trying to cancel my plan, and if I have no luck well I guarantee that they will get reported and I will get my money back no matter what. I will not let these scam artists get away with preying upon people like me who are desperatly looking for someone to take me. President Obama is starting that new bill that insurance companies cannot deny people with pre-existing conditions, but this won't be effective until 2014. 2014?! Why the hell are you telling us now when sick people won't get any satisfaction for four years? I have writing letters to the white house about speeding up this process, so wish me luck I hope that my voice will be heard. I speak on behalf of all people who are suffering too with deadly illnesses. Cancer, AIDS, Diabetes, are just a few that won't be accepted by health insurance companies such as Highmark, Keystone and other major health care companies that most doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, and specialists will only accept. I think that these health insurance brokers know that and take advantage and prey upon to make a quick buck. I don't know how these people can look in the mirror and know that they just scammed someone who is ill and desperate. I'll pray and hopefully they will listen to their conscense and give back the people's money that they so callously took. These are hard times and alot of people are losing their jobs left and right. The unemployment rate has gotten bigger and people can't afford COBRA mostly those like me who only qualify for entry-level positions are not able to afford such a high price for respectable health insurance. I think these and pardon me for using this reference; scuzballs need to get pinched real soon. I wish I could protest and demand that these major health insurance accept the ill because we need it. NOW not 2014! No more of this intolerance for the ill or should I say pre-existing condition; they make it sound so innocent. There has to be more people out there that share my opinion. I know that this is a long letter but I don't like leaving out anything and I have alot to say. Most major health insurance companies might as well have slogan, "We gurantee the healthy an insurance card and the sick a shovel to dig a six foot hole, " that may sound dark but these are dark times and there's no need to sugar coat it.

• Un
      unhappy daddy Nov 25, 2010

Has anyone else purchased a medical policy called USCT ?I was contacted Alliance Health Advisors located in San Diego, CA [protected]. I cant find any information on that carrier. the website seems phony, it doesn't tell much about the plans. Reading these postings really got me scared ! Any info would help.

• Th
      Theresafox Mar 26, 2011

This company is scam! They are not licensed to sell insurance in any of the 50 states, which includes California. United States Contractors Trust or USCT's founders/affiliates have operated many previous companies, under a multitude of names/owners all just as unreputable as USCT. Companies such as American Trade Association (ATA), Smart Data Solutions, Serve America Assurance Companies, National Business Leaders of America (NABL).

Last year, I completed a short questionnaire on www.eheatlhinsurance.com. I had several companies and insurance brokers call me to discuss my health insurance needs. I originally went with Blue Shield of California. Within a few weeks after applying with BS I was declined due to a pre-existing medical condition. A woman named Kimberly called me from an 817 number (Dallas Area). She and I spoke multiple times regarding USCT and their "health insurance plans". She also informed me that USCT at that time had a open enrollment for individuals with pre-existing medical conditions. So, after ensuring that I was going to get the Premier plan which was equivalent to a PPO, I went through the phone application process. At the end of that call I provided my credit card which was to be used to pay my enrollment fees, first months payment but to be billed each month thereafter. Within a week, I received my welcome packet in the mail; complete with my insurance cards.

Little did I know until this week, that USCT is not only a scam but they have never paid one doctor or hospital bill! I have called USCT many times now as well as Benefit Plan Administrators in the San Diego, CA area. Benefit Plan Administrators which is in bed with USCT is the party who is DIRECTLY responsible for making the credit card authorizations/charges to our credit cards each month. They can be reached at [protected]. Good luck if you attempt to call this number to ask for a refund; Jean will just hang up on you. If you tell her you are going to complain to your states Insurance Commissioner or Attorney General; well in her words "go ahead; call them".

I since have called each and every doctor and hospital that I have been seen at since becoming a plan member of USCT. It was not shocking the more calls I made to hear the billing departments of each facility echo the same statements:

"They told me I had the wrong address/fax"
      "They said they didn't receive the claim"
      "They said they were months behind in processing the claims; call back in a month"
      "We now hired a new processing company; we are behind; call back later"

After 10 months, the excuses really have not changed nor has anyone to date received payment.

I called USCT Member Services [protected]. Whether I spoke with Sheena, Kaitlin or Bobby Roundtree who is supposed to be the Customer Service Manager they tell me they cannot give me the contact information to the claims department. All they know is it's a "disaster". Apparently, their excuse is USCT bought out NABL. NABL's claims were never paid so now they are going through boxes and boxes of claims. They have to pay these before they can pay the claims of USCT members.

I guess the fact that we have been allowing them to charge our payments we aren't supposed to hold them accountable for providing the services that they promised. At some point the doctor's offices do not see it as their burden to continue to try to collect from a insurance company after they are clearly being given the run around and after "x" amount of time has elapsed. It becomes the responsibility of us the patient to make the payment on these delinquent claims or face collection.

In this economy, I find it quite alarming that these people (and there are quite a few of them) have such ego's that they don't think for one minute there will be any penalties for defrauding hundreds of people across America. Health insurance is at the forefront of public concerns. It's one of the largest problems facing American's these days. President Obama ran on the platform of health care for all. I may not agree with the President on everything but I don't believe any citizen has the right to be defrauded especially when you are paying for it.

USCT, RBA, ATA, NABL are all massive, multi-state health insurance fraud schemes, being orchestrated in large part from South Carolina, in which limited benefit medical plans backed by nonexistent insurance are being sold to unsuspecting consumers through associations (per State of South Carolina - SCDOI File NO. 06-0795). South Carolina and Tennessee are taking them on with vigor. We now need to stand up, tell our stories, and work with our respective states Attorney General's Offices, State Insurance Commissioner’s Office and Insurance Fraud Departments as well as the FBI.

If you were alarmed to find out that you had been monetarily taken without any payments being made to your doctor's or hospitals, then you may be further alarmed to learn the following:

*21 States have Cease & Desist Orders against USCT and/or their "former" affiliate member groups, companies or founders (as of 6/2010). Did you know that at one point these companies and potentially our money was linked to Beema-Pakistan Company Limited (Beema) which is located in Karachi, Pakistan?

*These parties sold, solicited and negotiated insurance without a license.

*Multiple states have taken regulatory disciplinary action against these companies/individuals (NC, OH, CT, MT, & IN just to name a few).

*Multiple states have active investigations into these companies/individuals.

*As of 5/2010 Davidson County, Tennessee Chancery Court issued an Order of Liquidation of ATA, Smart Data Solutions & Serve America Assurance companies for conducting unauthorized insurance company business.

*It was estimated that at least 12, 400 individuals purchased ATA policies and paid at least $14 million in premiums-perhaps as much as $100 million was collected (Families USA Special Report 2010)

*In a meeting with an investigator for the Indiana Department of Insurance, an ATA officer admitted that the company’s medical benefits did not have an underwriter and that ATA’s ability to pay outstanding claims was unclear (Families USA Special Report 2010)

*12/29/2010 – Worth accused of wire fraud, insurance theft. At the center of the FBI probe are more than $3.5 million in medical premiums collected by Worthy (Insurance New Net).

*Worthy was identified by the Department of Insurance this year as the central figure in an alleged medical insurance fraud. The agency issued an emergency order in May to halt the alleged sales of fake health policies that triggered at least 419 million in unpaid claims around the country. (Insurance New Net/12/29/10).

I will not sit idle and remain quiet while Mr. Worthy, Mr. Katz and others related to this Nationwide scam continue to take us for thousands upon thousands of dollars when they never intended to deliver on their promised service of health care coverage. I have the letters that USCT sent. I know what was said to me and what I have from them in writing. They clearly have not delivered nor do I believe that they have ever had any intentions of paying this medical claims. I heard someone say recently that they complained so much that NABL/USCT finally made some payments. The person was actually relieved to know their doctor's office was finally going to get paid. I don't know why it should come as a shock to later find out the check bounced. Shocking!

Since it’s clearly illegal what these individuals and associations/companies are doing; it seems simple we need criminal prosecution. Further, we would like a refund of the premiums we have paid into this scan and/or payment in full or our medical bills. I want to encourage everyone who has experienced the same hardships caused by these companies to not only make complaints to these companies, billing services but also to your State Insurance Commissioner, Department of Managed Care, Insurance Fraud Departments, Attorney General’s Office as well as your regional FBI offices. You may be surprised to find out you are not alone. The more of us who speak up the more action will be taken.

If anyone needs help, I can connect you with the right personnel and departments. I have one state and attorney's office that is seeking any marketing materials that USCT/NABL/ATA or whatever else they may have been sent via USPS or via email.

I know I am not alone.

mark117nj May 03, 2011

unfortunately these people are allowed to close the door on one company and open the door on another with no problem. They are even brazen enough to use the same offices and contact the customers they had previously ripped off. You might be surprised to learn that the same people are being ripped off time and time again by the same scam artists over and over. While state insurance departments have no problem slapping the culprits like Mr. Boyd on the wrist and say "bad boy" they can not stop them from doing the same thing, to the same people, over and over again.
      It's even more unfortunate that government agencies in charge of protecting consumers from fraudulent companies feel that those protective laws only apply to protecting insurance companies from consumers and not the other way around. If you fudge your age by a year you may very well be prosecuted for insurance and mail fraud while a company can sell non existent coverage to thousands of people across the country making millions and millions of dollars and the worst that happens to them is they are investigated by the FBI. I have not heard of one of these players actually doing hard time even though they have committed federal crimes over and over. Federal crimes have mandatory sentencing but that only seems to apply to the countries citizens since they don't have the resources of the corporations.

• Th
      Theresafox May 06, 2011

I know we are all fustrated at the lack of legal recourse against these companies/individuals behind them. However, it is very important that each victim contact and file a report with their State's Insurance Commissioner's Fraud Division, your local FBI office as well as with www.ic3.gov. We can't expect action to come if all of the victims do not stand up, report this fraud and push for legal action. South Carolina's Grand Jury due indict Mr. William Worthy. I don't know the trial date yet. However, as we all know this is a lot larger than one individual.

• Al
      Alan Singer Jun 22, 2011

Contact your state's insurance regulator if you have had experience with any of the companies mentioned above. If you're in Washington, please feel free to contact me. If you're in another state, I'll be glad to help you get in touch with your state's insurance regualtor.

Alan Michael Singer
      Olympia, WA [protected]
      [protected] Fax
      [protected]@oic.wa.gov

Alliance Health Advisors, Incinsurance fraud

I was sold health insurance by this company and advised there were no pre-existing clauses and that I would have no out of pocket expense UP to $20, 000/yr. Based on this information, I had surgery and am not being sued for $6, 000 due to Alliance only paying $4, 000 and stating they are not responsible for anymore. I specifically had a detailed conversation w/the selling agent in which he told me this policy would be perfect if I were considering surgery, as I would have up $20, 000 per year. What do I do now?

• Bo
        Bob Nov 06, 2008

It is 20, 000 surgical benefit but it is $4, 000 per occurance. I believe the particular plan you bought is for pre-existing conditions like the one I purchased. It looks like you knew you were going to need surgery already and should be very pleased that it picked up and covered the $4, 000.

• Do
        Dorian Quillen Feb 15, 2009

Incorrect - I had a specific conversation w/the agent, telling him I needed to have surgery soon and he said, "this plan is perfect, you will be able to have it fully covered up to 20, 000." This is a direct quote from the agent. It looks like you might want to not publicly comment on things you don't know about.

• Me
        Meesh Mar 06, 2009

I think as a consumer it is your responsibility to review all of the information regarding any benefits plans before you purchase it. Alliance health advisors is not an nsurance benefits company, they are brokers who sell products for various benefits companies. They go over a lot of info and numbers on the phone with consumers regarding plans and I can see how you can feel misinformed. Its not always an agent trying to deceive someone. All of the benefits companies have websites where you can look up information. In addition, you receive a benefits package from them after you sign up. Did you not review this to check your benefits before you elected to have surgery?

nosparechange Jul 28, 2009

Why didnt you get a copy of your policy first? We live in a digital age sounds like your mistake.

• Fl
        Flex Sep 15, 2009

FYI
        Google this guy and his companies, and guess what you will find?
        Also go to www.[redacted]s.com and check them out on Complaints Board

515 New Jersey St., Suite G

From a Concerned Consumer

• Pe
        PedroPicaPiedras May 13, 2010

This is not a true health plan and I wish they would outlaw this type of plan. A true health plan is difficult to get, requires answers to over 20 questions, most have a $5 million max, will check with MIB in Atlanta, are expensive and will not cover pre-existing. Insurance companies need to make money, so why would anyone insure you for under $200.00 a month and then you would expect them to cover you for $20K? Kind of like buying car insurance after the accident. And Joe, you published your problem in a public place, expect to get all sorts of answers. We are only trying to help and do not know all you personal details. Try suing someone about this and you will find out, you did receive all information, regardless of what the agent said. Good luck

• Bo
        bonnieandbruce Nov 18, 2010

Okay, I am a real estate agent and I would think it is possible for the insurance agent to be liable for what he told you. Particularly if he/she knew it was not true. The trick will be proving what the agent said. Of course, you should have read the paperwork or at least called to verify the coverage, but in my business, I have to just about corral the buyers and sellers into listening to me present an overview of the contract. Very few ever read it. I am not allowed to misrepresent material facts. So I would at least check with an attorney or your state insurance commissioner to see what your rights are. Also, although real estate contracts are required by law to be in writing, I believe that oral contracts in all other business areas are deemed to be enforceable, if you can prove what was said, of course, I am not an attorney, just what I remember from a business law course in college.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices