AlertUSA Complaints & Reviews

AlertUSAService is SCAM

This Co. and its "service" is a SCAM !!! Check with BBB !!! These people are very rude. among many examples the one that iced the cake was asking my senior father was he stupid or something ? Almost all interactions after the initial "Start Up " were dealt with in this type of unproffessional Manner. There is also no type of monthly service check (which is customary in this service) which left my parents with no service for over 3 months and was only discovered by accident. To top it all off they appear to have an issue in reguards to returning of the $100 deposit. I've been given the run-arund now for approx 3 months. Overall in my opinion the service is a SCAM . I would advise people to look into remote 911 dialers that can be purchased for as low as 30.00 and no monthly fees. But, if you must have a monitored system go with Lifeline.

• Valerie Aug 14, 2008

Purchase a Medical Alarm System for $ 325.00 at the time of returning it they held back the refund of $ 100.00 for 8 Mons had to keep calling and the Customer Service was not helpful at all very loud and uneducated. this is a company that has been reported many, many time again and again and nothing ever been done, i think it's time someone gos in and see what is really happening!!!

Charles Clark Sep 02, 2008

We subscribed to their service and had no problems until the unit failed. They are charging $25.00 to return their defective unit. We have resisted these charges and now are being charged an additional $15.00 late fees. Standard business practice is not the norm with these people. If my stuff breaks, I cannot charge the customer for shabby equipment. We are still negotiating but are in touch with the New Mexico Attorney General. I'm not confident these guys are really legitimate. 33fa4

Jackie Bates Jun 08, 2012

The company is a scam...I worked for them 25 years ago...4 or 5 people turnover a week...Couldn't pay the workers or didn't want to pay them...Check filled out to cash or owners name...sent out broken machines...Tell everyone I KNOW to stay away...

AlertUSAUnauthorized charges

Mom purchased a 1 year subscription to Alert USA in July 2017. She needed the security that if she were to fall or need help, she could get it by pushing a button.

In Oct. 2017 Mom was put into a nursing home.

In Nov. we began trying to find out how to close this account and get a refund for the months that had been paid in advance. Alert USA finaly sent a letter of cancelation in March 2017 and closed account in May. They refuse to refund the money for the period between Nov. - May. They added a $26.50 fee for no 30 day prior notice to cancelation. In addition they took $100 for a missing smoke detector they said they shipped that was never received. Of the $141.00 we expected to get back they sent $14.50.

On five occations I have asked for a supervisor, each time only to be told one will call back. None of the five calls were returned.

• Sh
    Sheldon M, Markel Mar 09, 2009

ALERTUSA is a company provding emergency alert services to Seniors. They have charged my credit card a second year without a contract or authorization. Though requested, by letters sent certified mail, they have refused to respond in any manner. They are billing me for a portion of a third year and each month add a late fee of fifteen dollars on an account which they erroneously claim an original amount of $74.00 and which is presently $164.00. They utterly refuse to send a copy of any documentation they rely upon for their actions and in fgact refuse to address my complaint. Receiving these bills and dealing with their uncaring attitude has caused stress and loss of time.

AlertUSAScam charges

This company has billed credit card without authority, bills without authority for sums not owed and adds about 20% monthly penalty for non-payment. Though complaints have been sent by certified mail they absolutely refuse to address them or justify their action in any manner. They are ripe for a class action to put them out of business or otherwise change their uncaring way of doing business. Apparently they are the subject of numerous such complaints.

AlertUSAfailure to refund $100

When I signed up for alertusa I was told that I would be refunded the $100 for the equipment four to eight weeks after it was returned. They received the unit on Septeber 5th. We are three months out now.
I have called numerous times about it and have had the most rude and intellectually challenged individuals insult me. I was shouted at and then told I was harassing them about my refund. When I said this was no way to treat a customer she replied"You aren't a customer-you quit the service." No way to treat anyone Janelle.
I have called again and I am told my refund is "in processing".
I will tell everyone I know about alertusa and how they just hold on to the original $100 till you give up on it-but I won't.
I will warn everyone in my department-since I am a social worker for the State of Wisconsin.

Joyce Earnest Feb 07, 2011

I returned my system in October 2010- It is now February 2011 and they are telling me they have put my name on the list. The person I talked with was very unprofessional. He said it would take up to 2 months--it is now 4 months. I talked with a lady in December 2010 and she said I should receive my $100 within a week--never heard a word.

Joyce Earnest Feb 07, 2011

AlertUSAThey lost the returned equipment

AlertUSA, a lifeline company, located in NYC. Dealing with a Joe Garcia. Lifeline company: think "Help, I've fallen and can't get up", lost my return of their equipment.

They automatically charged our credit card to continue a service we cancelled. Fortunately, as the card had expired, and they didn't have the new one, payment was stopped.

When informed, we were instructed to return the equipment which we did. They LOST the return equipment.

They keep sending invoices, none of which agree or even seem to have much to do with each other. Their letters do not even address the issues I have raised with them, but just have become a standard, if you don't pay, your credit rating will be affected. Etc. And of course, the any further correspondence will be used for collection purposes.

To say the least, the company is uncooperative and clearly their billing/computer system is pathetic.

Anyone else having difficulties dealing with this outfit?

Mary Nov 17, 2008

Yes the customer service department that we called to report a defective smoke alarm that came "free" with the system has nasty people working there. They are uncooperative to say the least. They sent us fault equipment and now want my father to pay to ship it back and say if he does not they will charge him $100.00. He is 86 years old and he now wants to send the equipment (all of it ) back and get his money back. They said they would have to see about that. What an outfit!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices