Air Lingus Complaints & Reviews

Air LingusFlight reschedule

I have bought a ticket through Cheapoair.com to fly from New York (JFK) to Bucharest (OTP) with a layover in Dublin (DUB) of about 6 hours. The ticket has been bought 4 months in advance. A week before the flight Air Lingus has decided change the flight from Dublin to Bucharest from the 18th to the 19th. But they did not have any other seats on the flight from JFK to DUB leaving on the 18th and arriving on the 19th. So I am now forced to buy a hotel room in Dublin and stay there for a day. When I contacted Air Lingus on the phone they hang up on me saying, and I quote: "Press charges if you don't like it. Goodbye"...
Their problem is that I will take their advice and press charges...and never ever in my life fly with them...

My recommendation: stay as far away from them as possible...

• Da
      Daawgon Feb 01, 2010

There is an easy solution to the problem. File a dispute claim with your credit card company/bank. It happened to me with another airline - they wanted to take 45 days to give me a refund. After I disputed the charge, I had my refund in just a matter of a few days. Good luck!

• Gr
      grubbymurphy Feb 01, 2010

Bought tickets to travel to Lithuania online on Airlingus website. 700 pounds for 2 return tickets. Only to get an email a month later saying they were no longer flying there, and then told by email that the refund of monies would be not for another month. Oh and by the way, if you want to complain, you have to pay for the privilege via an expensive per minute 0845 number...NOT GOOD AIRLINGUS, NOT GOOD AT ALL..Give me back my money now and all the interest you have earnt on it as well!!!

• Li
      lilvixen69 Oct 13, 2009

Who booked the tickets? You? If you booked the tickets for the wrong day (and the wrong month!) you really can't blame the airline, can you?

• El
      Eleanor Byrne Mar 30, 2009

I am writing to complain about my flight which was on the 23rd of March from Dublin to Brussels flight number EI0632 and return EI0633 on the 27th March 2017. When we arrived at the airport and prceeded to check in there seem to be a problem with my ticket. My friend and I had booked on the sema ticket and we were flying with other friends from college for a student exchange in Belgium. Our tickets were accidentially booked for the 23d of Febuary and not March. They told us to go the the desk and see waht they could do.
      At the desk the women behind the counter was no way helpful she told us that our new tickets would cost us 382 euro each dispite our orginal ones only costing 120 each. We said that we were only students and that we could not afford such an amount of money on top of our expense. They just said nothing! They then told us that because our orginal tickets were a month out of date that they could not refund any of it. We went to our teachers and explained the suitation. They told us that 2 girls from our group were no longer going on the trip and that we could possibly have their tickets.
      We went back up to the deska and asked the women again could thsi be possible. She just kept saying that Air LIngus does not have this policy. We then asked was there another flight that we could go on and meet up with our group at another time. She just said that they all cost the same. Both me and my friend were extremely upset by this and the women was so unhelpful. In the end the rest of our class gave us as much money as they could so that we could fly with our group but I was extremely dissappointed with Air LIngus for the way in which they dealt with the matter and I will not be flying with them again!!

Yours Sincerely,
      Eleanor Byrne, Wateford.

Air LingusDelay in flight and unable to contact anyone to complain to!

Re: Air Lingus

I wish to lodge a complaint regarding my flight Jersey, Chanel Islands, U.K. to Dublin Ireland on 16th June 2007. Flight E1245 was delayed for a considerable number of hours with no explanation offered to any passenger. The weather in Jersey was quite awful and the initial assumption was that flights were delayed due to bad weather. However the rain did not seem to interfere with any other flight so I inquired from airport officials and they did not know the reason for the delay. There was no Air Lingus representative present to whom I could direct an inquiry.

When on board, I asked a hostess and she informed me that there had been a ground-staff strike in Dublin airport from 6.00a.m. that morning. Why, as they had my telephone number on my booking form, did they not telephone me and advise me of this delay instead of causing me to sit in Jersey airport for hours and hours?

I an extremely cross with Air Lingus. I spent a lot of money on this short flight and cannot understand why they treated me so shabbily. Furthermore when I sent my complain by e-mail to the booking office, it was returned to me as 'failure to deliver' . I do not have any other contact address to write to, nor a telephone number, nor can I find any such detail.

I wish to lodge my dissatisfaction with Air Lingus and make a formal complaint about this.

Yours sincerely,
    Mary Llewellyn.

• Ke
        kevin allwright Apr 20, 2009

On the 3rd April we set off from Dublin for our dream holiday (just before
        the recession sets in) to Florida, specifically Tampa where we would be
        meeting our in-laws from the U.K. We had booked with Aer Lingus about six
        months ago because we believed that our state airline would look after us
        the best.
        All was well until we landed at Boston where we were informed by an Aer
        Lingus supervisor by the name of Anne O’Brien that our connecting Jet Blue
        flight to Tampa had been cancelled. She was extremely dismissive, refused
        to acknowledge that Aer Lingus had any responsibility for us despite the
        fact that we had booked flights with Aer Lingus to Tampa. Her attitude was
        quite frankly bewildering and she obviously had no training, experience or
        sympathy dealing with distressed passengers. There was another couple from
        Cork with three young children also involved who were very upset indeed. We
        were informed that Jet Blue had cancelled our flight because of weather and
        we would have to go into Boston and stay in Boston at our own expense for
        the night and then ring the airport in the morning to see about flights to
        Tampa. –No guarantees of a flight! We could not believe her attitude, in
        turn, condescending, belligerent and rude. She then vanished for an hour
        after we asked her to find the operations manager. (This man’s name
        apparently was Des Farren. He did not meet with us, I don’t know why.) We
        got the impression that she hoped we would go away, and she left her ground
        staff alone to try and keep us calm! These girls were in fact pleasant
        although they could do nothing for us. After an hour Ms. O’Brien returned
        and surprisingly let it slip that the flight had actually bee cancelled
        twenty four hours earlier! We had not been informed in Dublin before we
        left although I’m not sure what we could have done about it if we had
        known. We did not want to travel in to a strange city to find accommodation
        and no help was offered in finding such a place. I then asked if it would
        be possible to fly to Orlando (strange that the Air Lingus staff hadn’t
        thought of this!) knowing it wasn’t that far from Tampa and after several
        calls we were told this might be possible although this plane was likely to
        be delayed. It would be necessary to hire a car in Orlando to get to our
        eventual destination in Hudson. When I rang Hertz they quoted be $175
        dollars for one day and as I had no choice I accepted. Extraordinarily
        enough no other flights from Boston were cancelled but our flight to Tampa.
        When we went to check in for the Orlando flight at the Jet Blue desk we
        were informed that the Tampa flight had indeed been cancelled twenty four
        hours earlier because of bad weather in New York at that time and that was
        where the plane was coming from. Unbelievable! How did they know the
        weather would be so bad the next day and in fact we know for a fact that
        flights did get out of New York that day-3rd of April (our in laws flew out
        of New York.) Obviously there were other factors involved in this
        cancellation.
        Of course our eventual flight to Orlando was delayed and we did not fly out
        of Boston until 21.30.(No refreshments offered despite the fact that we
        were in Boston Airport for 5 and half hours.) We didn’t arrive at our
        eventual destination until 4 in the morning. We had been travelling for
        twenty four hours, an exhausting start to our dream holiday. Basically Air
        Lingus should pick up the cost of our car hire and I will enclose copies of
        receipts with the copies of the letter I will send to you by post. I am
        also sending copies of this letter to the C.A.A., my solicitor and The
        Irish Times.
        In these days of recession I cannot believe that an Airline could be so
        callous to the needs of their customers. Negative word of mouth is the very
        worst thing a company can afford in this day and age. I trust that you will
        be able to give us compensation to whit, the cost of the car hire. I look
        forward to your response.

To summarise
        We flew out to Boston on flight EI 137
        Our cancelled flight was Jet Blue B61239 due to leave at 18.30 approx.
        The name of the disagreeable supervisor in Boston was Anne O’ Brien
        We had purchased flights to Tampa from Air Lingus and had no interest in
        being in Boston. How could the supervisor(above) not understand this.
        We had no contract with Jet Blue
        The weather was not an issue in Boston. We were initially lied to.
        The flight was in fact cancelled a full 24 hours before its scheduled
        leaving time from New York. We know flights left on the 3rd April. Strange
        that a flight should be cancelled before you could be sure what the weather
        would like. Our in laws flew out of New York that afternoon. We believe the
        flight was cancelled for other reasons and we were told it was the weather
        just to fob us off. –Really we are not that stupid!
        Why were we not informed of this cancellation before we left Dublin?
        Our eventual flight to Orlando meant we were in Boston airport for 5 and
        half hours. We were offered no refreshments.
        I felt it would be cheaper to hire a car and get on our way than pay for a
        hotel in an expensive city(Boston) we knew nothing about.
        I believe it is reasonable for Air Lingus to refund the money $175 for the
        car hire.
        This letter will be sent in the first instance by email to