Acushield Financial Complaints & Reviews

Acushield Financialnot upholding contract

In 2007 my husband had 2 major surgeries in which we lost alot of income causing us and rack up nearly $10, 000 in credit card debt. One day in 2008 my husband was listening a radio station and heard a commercial for FreshStart. We decided to give them a call and discuss our situation. Of course they could make it so we could be debit free within 2 years (for a fee). They explained how to go about this, so we set up an automatic monthly withdraw. They told us once 50% of a credit card balance was reached they would negotiate and pay off that card. No cards were paid off. One of the credit companies filed a law suit and when we called, Fresh start said, "don't worry it will never go to court. Just give us the information." In Sept. 08 we requested withdraw from the program and our $2000 back. 60 days has turned into 6 months. We contacted many of our creditors on our own and have settled those accounts ourselves. We have one card left to pay off and it only took us 6 months to get to this point. Infact the company that was going to take us to court has helped tremondously. Thanks for nothingAcushield/Freshstart. WHERE'S OUR MONEY!!! (please include your fees)

Acushield Financial — Where is Acushield?

URGENT- Can anyone help? Jan 2009 I have been with Acushield Financial for 4 years now and they have...

Acushield Financial — FRAUD - I WANT MY MONEY

I have been part of the debt reduction program for about 3 1/2 years. I begain when it was Debt-Co, and then...

Acushield Financialdebt negotiation scam

Dear Sirs

I entered what I though was a legitimate "debt negotiation" program in October of 2004 with high hopes of clearing out my credit card debts and stopping the insanity of "minimum monthly payments" leading to higher and higher balances with no end in sight. I found them online, and signed a contract with what was then called "Best Debt Solution", set up my account, arranged for an automatic EFT withdrawal out of my checking account of nearly $400 per month, and was told I would be "debt free" in 34 months. At the time I entered the program I was current and caught up with all the payments to the 6 different credit card accounts I went into the program with, but just squeaking by making monthly minimum payments without ever seeing a reduction in my principle balance, which is why I decided to enter the program. Having already declared bankruptcy from post university credit card debt 15 years earlier when I was just out of college, I was legitimately trying to find a way to stop a recurrence of the madness and get out of debt.
    Now, 3-1/2 years later, of the original 6 credit card accounts I originally entered the program with, only 2 have actually been settled (with the lowest balances of course), one having gone to legal court proceedings along the way. Interests and penalties on the remaining accounts have INCREASED my overall debt appreciably, my credit rating is in total shambles, and 2 of the remaining 4 accounts are currently in legal proceedings with the other 2 well on the way. 'Best Debt Solutions" has somehow in the interim changed addresses twice, become ACUSHIELD FINANCIAL, and continuously promised me that their "negotiators" were working hard on my accounts while I continued to pay a "maintenance fee" of $39 per month now 6 months PAST the termination of the original agreement. They still have nearly $6000 of my funds in a "set aside funds" negotiating account that has been sitting there unused for months while I wait for them to settle with accounts that have now gone to lawsuits and legal actions. They have charged me over $4000 in "education and maintenance" fees over the term of the original program, which supposedly went toward the management of said program, and which I am now trying to terminate so I can get BACK the money I have in there to use to begin bankruptcy proceedings,
    This is a scam like you wouldn't believe. I truly went into the program legitimately looking for an option to get out of credit card debt. They preyed upon my desire for a relatively "quick fix", promised me impossible results, and ultimately did nothing but further ruin my credit and take money from me. This organization (and others like it) should be investigated, stopped, and put out of business before they can do any more damage to gullible, unsuspecting well-intentioned persons like myself.
    I am not a cheat. I’m an intelligent, well-educated person who found myself on the credit card "merry-go-round", ending up in over my head and was trying to legitimately get out of debt. In the interim I have endured YEARS of credit collector harassment, lost my steady job which now keeps me from ever HOPING to get out of debt in the near future, and been totally used by these people. I did EXACTLY what I was told to do throughout my participation in the program, and yet there was always some mix-up in getting my information to my "negotiator", or I had to sign a new power of attorney, etc etc etc ad nauseum. Every time I called I had to start any explanation on the phone from complete scratch with a new customer service rep, and heaven forbid I actually voice my frustration or displeasure: I was actually threatened with termination because I swore at a the person on the phone at one point when she told me I should have just declared bankruptcy to begin with…..
    ACUSHIELD has been flying under the radar so far: hence the name changes and changes of location for the company (they started out in San Diego, but have since moved to Las Vegas with their financial transactions now being handled in Phoenix, Arizona). I have complete records of the entire sordid history of my participation in this dreadful program, from my original contract to termination letter and countless emails and letters in between, and would like very much to find a way to blow the whistle and pull the plug on these vultures preying upon the unfortunate & gullible in the current economic climate of fear and hardship.
    Thank you for your attention, and do not hesitate to contact me regarding these matters. If you know of anywhere else I might direct inquiries to deal with this situation, I would most appreciate finding out about them.
    Sincerely,

FAX: [protected]

• Ji
        Jim Jan 20, 2009

URGENT- Can anyone help? Jan 2009

I have been with Acu-shield Financial for 4 years now and they have dissappeared off the radar with my set aside balance- a hefty sum (this was after they had settled a debt but not put the transaction through). I have researched and found out that they have been issued with a desist and refrain order from the California Corporations Commissioner on the 23rd of Dec 2008. Since that time they have not been returning phone calls and the emails bounce back saying that its an invalid email address. I have contacted other businesses associated with Acushield such as Global Client Solutions, but no-one seems to know how to contact them or what has happened.

I am extremely concerned that they may have done a runner with everyone's money and I am urgently seeking any information from anyone which will shed any light on the matter. Does anyone know if legal action has been brought against them? Or is anyone thinking of doing it?

Please email me if you know of anything- [email protected]

Many thanks for any support coming through!
        Jim

• Ei
        eiki Jan 28, 2009

They took over $10, 000 out of my checking account for the empty promise "Debt Free". I have not been able to reach and locate them. I want my money back!!

• Sr
        srhbear Feb 05, 2009

I am seeking legal assistance through my state attorney general's office. West Virginia has fought them before...so I figure I will start there. Try that first...leave complaints at the BBB and FTC also. I will be willing to join a class action lawsuit. My account goes back to 2004 with Debtco and you are correct...they change names, locations, and eventually refuse to return money even if you follow all of their "rules."

• Ho
        Holly Mar 09, 2009

I have also been with Accushield/Debtco since 2003. 3 of my 4 debts have been settled and they currently have over $7, 000 of my money. Any help locating them would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea what I need to do next...

Holly

Email: [email protected]
        Fax: [protected]
        Hours: 8 AM to 5 PM Pacific Standard Time

Maria Gonzalez Mar 11, 2009

I am with all of you. I have let PA and NV Attorney Generals know and have called all the numbers people have posted. Thanks for any and all updates. Feel free to email me...maybe we should make a newsgroup so we can all keep in touch?

[email protected]

jawintc Jun 24, 2009

I am amazed, stunned and furious with that company, I too have been taken to the cleaners by them. I had talked to that nicolas to and he sent me 800.00 in good faith deposit and promised the rest in Jan 09, never did get ahold of anyone, they just vanished. I have complained to BBB and just don't know where to go from here, I don't have anymore money to take them to court. They didn't settle on any of my debts, there was always a reason why it din't go through but hey you all know what I am talking about. My god how many more of us are out there. I settled all my debts on my own, not out yet but almost.
        We need to stick together and keep trying. Anybody hears of anything we let each know.
        Do you think we will ever see any of our money?
        Feel free to email me [email protected]
        Thanks for your time

• Tr
        Trish in Illinois Feb 21, 2011

My husband lost over $11, 000 from this company as well. Started off as DebtCo then switched to AcuShield. They supposably settled one of his two credit cards and almost two years later we are finding out they did not. We still have bill collectors calling us & we had to borrow money to pay off a negotiated amount for one of the cards & we still owe on the other one. We would like to find out if we can get the $11, 000 of our money back & hear if anyone else has had any luck getting any of their money back or even contacting anyone at this company ?? Trish in Illinois

• Mi
        michorose Jan 27, 2014

I was under the impression all my debt was settled back in 2007. Acushield/debtco even sent me the congrats paperwork. Here it is 2014 & a medication group is saying my Direct merchants account never was paid! I can't even find my paperwork since it has been over 6 yrs. and the company doesn't exist! I don't know what to do.

Acushield Financial — Unauthorized charges!

I too was given all the same upfront promises of being 'debt free' and having 'repaired...