ACT Complaints & Reviews

ACTCredit card

I had lost my job on 31st august.2016 and i had applied for credit shield on 11 august.2016.But still my credit shield is not cosider. From the bank they are calling and giving me tension that they are going for legal action.From july iam paying the cash and now 2 installments are pending.I have no way to pay the cash without job.So please approve my credit shield soon,

Respond

ACTfraud/rip-off

We were strung along believing that our daughter was going to be exposed to professional actors and receiving training and opportunities by people in the industry. All lies, all fake and we invested a lot of money for nothing. Saw the proof on T.V. days ago and knew it in my gut all along. The teachers were terrible. The director, Kari Kaapana is a scam artist! Don't believe her lies! Steer clear of ACT!!!

1 Response
      • Ox
        oxfordape Oct 05, 2010

I was scammed as well - two of my kids. Paid dearly for it as well because what parent will deny kids an opportunity. You cannot get your money back, it is all paid in full before the training starts, the teachers are fake, and Kari Kaapana is just horrible.
        PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay away from them if you want to keep your money!!!

ACTNeed a refund

We went to an audition for ACT on 6/14/09 for a ucoming Disney New movie. The next day we were contacted and told that our daughter received a callback and needed to attend an important meeting at 1:45 on 6/15/09. During the meeting we were informed that our daughter did receive a callback, but acting/modeling lessons were required to purse a career and to be able to get jobs in the entertainment business. After agreeing to purchase package #2 for 2900.00 we signed our agreement and left the interview. After going home and talking about the matter, we decieded that we wanted to upgrade the package to level #4 for an additional 3000.000 total out of pocket would have been $5900.00. I was informed that I needed to leave a check with the office in Secausus, NJ by 9:00 PM. On 6/17/2017, I investigated the company on the Internet under the name ACT and was unable to find anything via google, yahoo, etc. After doing my investigation I learned that ACT standed for Academy of Camera & Television. By searching for ACT I found that there have been several stories published regarding the fraud that this company puts on and takes people's money. I also learned that the BBB, Consumer Affairs and [redacted].com have claims on their website. I tried to get my money back from Wachovia bank and I was advised that I needed to give the company a chance?? Why would I want to give a fradulent company a chance? I sent a certified letter/return receipt request to ACT at 300 Lighting Way, Secausus, NJ 07094 cancelling my agreement. I contacted 602.261.5800 and spoke with Elizabeth in the accouting department. She informed me that I needed to wait 1 business day to receive a callback from her to see if she received my certified letter/return receipt request

5 Responses
        • Lo
          Lori Mooney Mar 05, 2010

I agree, if someone files a class action lawsuit...I'm in!!!

• 6t
          6toothfairy9 Jul 14, 2009

I'm in the similar situation how things go with you? did you send complain to Attorney General office in NJ... I did...and also to BBB...

mathew May 09, 2009

last year 2017 i took my son for an audition by ACT which said it was representing disney and nicklodean to seek talented kid.i enrolled my son for a $9, 900.00 1yr program as they said he wes one of the 30 selected.they gave us 24 hr to cancel.we had no intention to cancel.the first training was 1 month later at the marriot in philadelphia and to our suprise there were more than 500 students selected.we immediately realized the scam and at the end of the day asked for our money back.the company has refused to refund the money till date.
          i hope more people will not get scammed in such tough times.

• Co
          Concerned Parent Mar 17, 2009

There were two investigative reports by TV news networks, one in Atlanta and one in Rhode Island.

The videos can still be viewed. Perhaps this will help.

Atlanta

Did you contact the BBB in Arizona? They are currenty reviewing the reliability report or updating it after the ABC report. This is where the school is registered. You should contact them.

Did you contact the Attorney general's office, consumer protection division in the state where the classes were being held?

If they didn't answer what kind of business ethics is that? Fight it.

Good luck

• Mo
          MONIQUE Mar 16, 2009

MY DAUGHTER DID NOT USE THEIR SERVICES OR TAKE PART IN THEIR PROGRAM, I WAS TOLD TO WRITE A LETTER OF CANCELLATION, AND IT MUST BE DATED ONE DAY OF CANCELING NOT BY POST MARK, BY LADY AT INTERVIEW. I ALSO EMAILED THEM OVER 6 TIMES. WAS INFORM BYONE PERSON THAT MY CASE WAS BEING HANDLED N REFUND PROCESS. WAITED N STILL BILLED, SO REACH OUT BY EMAIL AGAIN N HERE WEEKS AND MONTHS LATER BEING TOLD THEY KEEPING MY MONEY AND EVEN UP TO TODAY REFUSE FURTHER INFORMATION OR CONTACT FOR HIGHER UP AND NO RESPONSED TO MY CALLS OR EMAILS. MY NAME IS MS LEBRON N EMAIL IS [email protected] AND # IS [protected] AND TOTAL KEEP IS 2900.00