02 Complaints & Reviews

02Overcharging never refunded

O2 SUCKS! Deplorably bad customer service. O2 employees in Mall of Berlin (don't work with Dennis) made us the contract and we provided them with all the necessary documentation. They assured us everything was ok with the contract and yet we were charged the wrong amount on the contract. After frequenting the store 4 times about the problem they said they fixed it every time. By the time we requested our refund, their incompetency and lack of care for the customer not only continued but same excuses were used to cover up their incompetency. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!

• Ra
      raymond lee May 03, 2011

i sign up to a contract with 02 in december 2010 and the bill for a month was 25 pound a month and with that u get a tv and 300 mins . now ive got a bill for 81.80 and ive been told this is because ive browsed the internet when i have not done this so what can i do to sort this out.

02Fraud and lies

Last summer I changed via ("phones 4U") my mobile phone provider from vodafone to 02. I was getting a deal - 600 minuntes & 500 text msg for £35 per month. With Vodafone I was getting a lot less call time etc, although the main difference here that I want to point out is with vodafone when you didn't use all of your minutes or txt, they were carried forward to the next month.

So my main complaint is that I am not using anywhere near the minutes & texts - I am using about 1/4 of the call time & texts. I contacted 02 a couple of months into my contract to a) question why my minutes were not being carried forward & b) to advise that this contract that was recommended did not suit my call habits.

I was told that I should have read my contract & there is nothing they can do - they dont carry forward any leftover call time.

I am still trying to fight them to no avail - I dont see why I should pay for a contract that is not right for me - I was not advised that the call time would not be carried forward at any point. After several calls I was (so i thought) sucessful in December 08 where a lady rep from 02 agreed that my monthly contract was not suitable and agreed to adjust this to a contract at £20 per month.

February I contacted 02 again, as my bill's still £35 per month only to be advised that there was no record of my conversation with a rep in december and that there is nothing they can do.

Again I was told I should have read my terms & conditions!!!

• Em
        Emeraldman_4u Feb 07, 2011

Never ever believe the salesman/saleswomen. They only want to get it 0ff the shelf. They only know how to put a good show. Try putting salespeople into a film on business and u'll see that the salespeople do better than actors.

• So
        *sophie* Jan 26, 2011

I recently upgraded my phone and was looking forward to having one that worked properly. I asked the salesman if everything from my old phone (specifically the memory card which contained all my photos and videos). He told me that everything would definitely work. Guess what? It wouldn't format properly. I took it back in and asked if they could do anything to move the photos onto my new one. They then tried to sell me a number of products before fobbing me off and telling me that another store would have a system to do it. I then went to the other store...where they hadn't even heard of the programme that I had been sent to ask about. Whilst normally I would not have been overly put out by this, the fact I had specifically asked them about the memory card and it was the manager who then advised me to go to the other store really got my back up. Unfortunately I have now had to lose several videos to get the card to work.

• Dc
        Dchampion Jul 28, 2010

My elderly relative uses a Pay as you go phone for emergency purposes only.

After not using the phone to make a chargeable call within 6 months, the sim is deactivated, this is the same with many networks.

After calling to reactive the sim, the lady at the call centre asked for the phone number and said that the phone had £32 credit on which would be lost and I must now wait at least 24 hours and reactivate the sim by topping up the phone with at least £10 credit and making a chargeable call, she then said her goodbyes and ended the call.

I phoned back, not happy with the prospect of the company bagging the £32 and expecting me to put more onto the phone, and again had a converstaion with a rather unhelpful asssitant who asked me why there was that much credit on the phone, saying it was fault and that they will not do anything to reimburse the credit.
        I ask if her is it because they can't do anything about it, Or won't do anything about it, she replied can't.

After telling her that i think thats a complete joke, i ended the call.

Next call was directed to the department which deals with customers disconnecting from O2, I said i wanted the PUK code to keep the number on a network which is not run by bandits.
        For an assistant who works in a department which probably gets many irrate customers wanting to leave the network, she was by far the most polite and helpful. She asked me why i wanted to leave o2 and i started to explain the scenario.

Understanding where I was coming from she said she would redirect me to customer services.

Here we go again i thought...

After being transferred, the assistant asked for the mobile number, and told me the ammount of credit on the phone before it was deactivated. Without me venting anymore frustration she said "As it is a large ammount of money i will but it back on the phone"

I was more shocked than anything, I thanked her for her help, but expressed my dissapointment that 2 previous customer service assistants had contradicted what she has said, and provided an inconsistent approach to the customer service i had recieved.

Finally case closed.

Lessons learnt - Ask for names to use as refernces, make a chargeable calls now and again on all pay as you go phones that do not get used regularly.

• Ri
        Rienno Nov 23, 2009

I have had my mobile broadband dongle since May the frist two bills were under the £35 monthly tarrif but July's was £1, 400 how I ask nothing has been done different Augusts bill £2, 400 it has been cut off because I refuse to pay. I have asked for an itemised bill showing the websites and duration periods to show how this amount can be done in a month which i still haven't received. I think this is outragious, there has been no downloads i'm in shock i must be providing the internet for everyone.

• Le
        Leftme4dead Oct 24, 2009

I went to phones 4U before I was traveling to Canada to get a phone that would work there specifically. They forgot to put me on a abroad tariff and I received a bill for £120 for 1 month which 02 are still trying to get me to pay. I wrote to 02 and they would not help with the bill even though the staff member admitted his mistake.

I have been harassed now for 7 years by 02 with threatening letters although I have explained the matter to them.

Jacktheripper Oct 24, 2009

O2, renewed a contract, but never told me when it started, instead of received a bill of £35, I was invoiced for £64.75. I paid £35 by debit card instead of direct debit, O2 stopped my service when I queried the invoice, and now given me a bad debt against me, because they want the years rental. for a service I never receieved, they do respond to my letter, have never given my an answer and are complete rude when I do get throught to customer services. they are abolsutely rubbish, and are serious effecting my life, as I cannot re-mortgage my home.

• Fu
        Fuklinov Oct 23, 2009

In dec 08 I was involved in a serious incident. this resulted in the police having to take my phone. I spoke to o2 and also made a claim on my insurance but they said they could not give me a new phone as I did not report this within 24 hours. I could not have done this as I had to spend alot of time with the police.I have tried speaking to the company so has my ex as he is the account holder but they just wont help. I have refused to pay the bill as i have not had the phone since december08. they are now chasing there money. I have asked that they cancel the contract and cover the ammount outstanding but they wont.

• Fr
        Francin Oct 23, 2009

Well, i've recently found out that 02 has been taking money off twice from my account. My story goes like this...

Around April 07 after so many calls from 02's customer service to go on a monthly contract, i decided to try them and see how it goes. They sent out a handset to me, but to the wrong address, I even went to the addres, but was told no one has found it... So i contacted 02 and they said they would resend out another handset. I arranged for this handset to be picked up from the delivering company's depo as i didn't want to the same thing to happen again. To date I've found out that the customer service rep i spoke to at the time didn't cancel the previous number that was sent out with that handset, and yet 02 has been taking money twice from my bank account.

Unfortunately i only discovered this around Jan 09 as me and my husband was going through our accounts with a fine comb and i realised this error. I immediately contacted 02 to get this sorted, but the girl i spoke to said it was my bank's fault... huh! I then said i can't understand how it could be the bank's fault if 02 is the one requested the money from my account. She then checked my account and was found that i've been paying for 2 different numbers. my current 02 number and another one. I was told to get a Ref no from my bank, of which i did. (GED REF) I once again contacted 02, as i've not heard from them, I passed on the ref no and was told the someone will ring me back with an update. 2 weeks passed, and still nothing. by now i've also refused to pay my current mobile no as i wanted answers from them.

On the 10th Feb i spoke to a Gentleman called Mohammed from their Customer services in Manchester who told me to pay the current mobile no and he will personally look into this dilema and that another person called Mohammed from another branch is suppose to ring me back. But that he would still ring me with news on the following MOnday. By this time my mobile was switched off, couldnt get any incoming or outgoing calls. the line was completely dead.

So it's almost been now 3weeks and still no answer about my money, no call back, but they were happy to take my money from me.

I'm a very unhappy 02 customer. Every call that's been made it's been from myself. I keep being told that their cash dept is looking into and someone will ring me back to get this sorted.

If there is someone out there, that's reading this and could advise me on the way forward or advice i would really appreciate this. I really feel like shaming this company because it's not fair, that they are quick to turn off my mobile line completely, but not quick to come back with answers or actions.