Return PathSenderScore stole my money

M Review updated:

SenderScore.org should not be in business. It overcharges, under delivers, and does not honor its contractual services. The development of their work was slow and tedius with very little assistance on their part. It took forever to get someone to assist me. Then, when it was time for renewal, SenderScore automatically charged my credit card without my authorization. When I protested this charge, they posted some now negative and false accusations on the internet. When I called Sender Score to resolve this matter, I was told there is nothing they could do for me. I asked to speak with their CEO and was told they could not transfer my call. They said I would need to send him an e-mail.

More Return Path Complaints & Reviews

• Sk
    skikayaker Oct 17, 2013

First and foremost I'd like to state that the SenderScore.org reputation scoring system is running an extortion pay for play scheme and is NOT recommended. I strongly recommend using firewall systems that use Senderbase.org for reputation spam prevention calculations as this system seems to accurately reflect real-time activity in a fair way.

According to the Senderscore.org website, this service is being used by a number of large ISPs and communication networks, including "Hotmail/MSN, Road Runner, Cox, SpamAssassin, and IronPort C-Series" to combat SPAM.

The problem is that in order to improve your score in a timely manner you need to pay them anywhere from $1400 - $21, 500 to get an improved score. They provide no way to contact them or request an evaluation for scoring.

Our mail server had one incident where a user allowed their email account to be accessed by a spammer. The problem was resolved within 24 hours. Over the past 45-days there have been zero incidents. Senderscore's own graph shows continuous lower than average activity with no spikes in increased activity and still continues to fluctuate our reputation score lowering it without cause or justification and continues to rate our server as "very high volume sender".

I recommend boycotting those ISPs that continue to use Senderscore.org. A so called anti-spam reputation scoring system with a non-profit .org domain despite engaging in extortionist pay for play schemes.

• Bi
    billbraid74 Nov 15, 2013

Sender Score is most definitely a scam. I applied for their certification a few years ago in the neighborhood of a $600 application fee. I never heard back from anyone. After months of trying to reach anyone I gave up and by then it was too late to dispute the credit card charge. About a year ago they contacted me again trying to sell me their certification, except this time it wasn't as simple as an application fee and then the annual license fee, this time they told me I had to go through an "improvement" process with my mail server that would cost upwards of $100, 000 paid to them. WHAT? I said no way.

My sender scores have always been excellent, always in the mid 90s up to 100, but recently they all plummeted and are anywhere from 20 to 65. I checked and re-checked server logs and verified that no spammers had hacked my server; only my own mail has been going out. Interestingly though, over two months after this huge drop in sender scores, there has been NO IMPACT on my deliverability or open rates, leading me to believe that no ISP actually uses sender score to filter email and that the entire thing is a sham.

To top it all, a Rackspace employee confidentially told me that anyone who is Sender Score Certified gets greylisted at Rackspace so they can sell their own whitelisting service to the customer/victim. So not only are no ISPs monitoring sender scores, but buying the certification may HURT your deliverability - it certainly does at Rackspace where nearly 50% of Fortune 100 companies are hosting!

• Em
    EmanD Jun 21, 2016

SenderScore blacklisted an IP. This IP was assigned to me by the ISP when I purchased new server from them. SenderScore insisted that I must create an account and subscribe to their newsletters (their own Spam) to remove my IP from their blacklist. Note that this is not the Reputation Blacklist that they publicly advertise and allow you to remove yourself. There is another SenderScore internal blacklist and they do not allow you to remove yourself. SenderScore is essentially a service where they maintain a credit score for every IP and then force small businesses to pay them

• Bi
    billbraid74 Jun 21, 2016

SenderScore is a HUGE scam which I know to be a fact because even in my Hotmail and Gmail accounts, plenty of senders who I know to be "Return Path Certified" still land in the spam box. Needless to say, the fact that they stole my application fee twice was enough for me. Virtually every "whitelist" email provider is a scam. The only one I pay for is Barracuda/Cisco because charge $20/year per domain and that gets your email through their firewalls.

• Ho
    Homerwsmith Mar 04, 2017

Presently I have my servers on a mobile IP, meaning any time it gets blacklisted, I change it, works
    great. Lots of iSP's are starting to use senderscore, RR in particular, which is a royal pain in the ###.
    What bothers me most is they don't show any proof of spam to help me trace down the problem. Any customer at aol can mark as spam something HE ASKED FOR, and what, they are going to block an ISP mail server because he got the mail? THIS IS ABSURD.

Also there is now a tendency to block forwarding servers, not source servers. We do lots of domain forwarding from external customers to gmail for example, gmail then blocks our forwarding server as if we are source.

Something has to give here, the money conflict of interest all around is too great to allow this to go on.

Homer CEO Lightlink

Mateen rauf Sep 10, 2018

My order i said to retuern but teh did not came to take the order 4 mothes to go i order shirts the size was wrong

• Da
    danielhejazin Jun 23, 2019

so i bought a boat ignitition but it wasnt the right one