Resveratrol Ultra, ResvieUnauthorized charges, Shady marketing practices

Complaints:
On their website, the company used a photo of Oprah and Dr. Oz with accompanying text to give the appearance that they endorsed the product. I later learned from Oprah's website that her lawyers were suing the company for this misrepresentation.

The fine print about charges that would be billed for the "Free Trial" was hidden at the bottom of a page of other information not related to this product and the print was pale grey on a white background, making it hard to read even if you did happen to find it. Probably in response to complaints and legal actions, the company has since redesigned their website so that the terms of the "Free Trial" are up front.

Their customer service is worse than terrible. I have made 14 phone calls, taking from a half hour to 1 1/2 hours in an attempt to get refunds for the two charges of $83 that were made to the credit card that I had provided to pay for shipping and handling. I did not know that the "Free Trial" was not free or that I would receive additional bottles of the product. As soon as the second bottle arrived I called the company and when I was informed that they had signed me up to receive monthly shipments and charge me accordingly, I immediately canceled. I was told I would be given a refund for the trial bottle"Free Trial" for which I had been charged $83, but that I didn't have to return the half empty bottle. I was given an RMA to return the unopened bottle, and was told I would receive a refund for the additional $83 as soon as they received it. However, the representative gave me a wrong address for the company in a completely different state. When the bottle came back "addressee unknown", I called customer service again. Two more reps gave me the wrong address before I finally got the correct address in Florida. I sent the bottle back with delivery confirmation. I have spent the last two and a half months making phone calls trying to get my refunds. Even though I have proof of delivery they say they have no record of having received the bottle. I have kept a detailed record of every phone call in case there is no recourse but legal action.

• Do
    doesn't matter 2 Feb 14, 2010

I'm glad some folks had no problem cancelling but I spent a lot of time on hold several times and no one ever answered. Those were my cell minutes adding up. Plus the frustration. They had been charging me $79.00 a month and several months had gone by before I noticed. AND I AM NOT WRONG.
    Furthermore, apologizing does not matter. The charges made on my account were fraudulent. They aplogized after caught stealing from you.
    And I spent my personal time trying to fix them. had to go to bank, sign papers, get a new card which meant I had to wait app. 2 weeks.
    There is a reason why they give it out for free. I thought it was a campaign to get their product noticed but it is not. They have not put this on the market and it can't be purchased anywhere else. Aplogizing doesn't make it okay.

• Su
    SuperRipOff Mar 09, 2010

I, too, was taken by this. I saw no place on the initial website where I would be billed continuously for just ordering a sample or, if it was there, I would NOT have placed the order at all if it was to be on an autoship monthly or bi-monthly basis.

I have called this number to cancel my order and the person said the cancellation would be effective immediately: [protected]. The phone was answered right away by a pleasant person. She also gave me an e-mail address to get a written confirmation that my order had, in fact, been cancelled: [email protected] However, the e-mail address she gave me was incorrect and the mail I sent was returned undeliverable. I tried a second time using the following e-mail address: [email protected] (removing the 's' from the address) and it went through or at least at this point it has. If I, in fact, get a confirmation back I may inquire through this address how I can return all the bottles I receved and get a refund. I know...good luck.

I have used a business checking account to buy this product and I may yet go to my bank and cancel this account and re-open another one. My bank may be able to effectively block any further charges to this account but won't know that until I go to my bank. I have read, though, that people are having charges placed on their accounts from totally unrelated companies to this product which tells me my debit account number is being given out and potentially no longer secure. It may be safer to cancel my existing business checking account and open another one. I don't use this account much due to the poor economy but point being it is used occasionally.

Buyer beware regarding this very deceptive company...while the product may or may not do what they claim I am no longer interested in it in the least. It could make gold out of lead for all I care. I will spend a great deal of time trying to be reimbursed for the many unopened bottles of this 'stuff' I have and will probably have little or no success or recourse.

Has anyone actually be able to return any unused bottles of this and actually get a refund of any kind? I'd sure like to know and how it was done.

Thanks...