Resorts CondoMichael Dean

M

Someone called me one day asking if I would be interested in selling my timeshare and if so, that the broker was going to give me a call the following day.
This man by the name of Michael Dean (who knows if it is his real name) called me last week saying, and I will use his words: a bunch of adds in the area of TX, F. Worth, Houston and that a couple called that they wanted to buy a timeshare in the place I have one. That he was a broker and that this was nothing like other companies that wanted to charge money upfront or nothing of that "nonsence"
I never put mine for sale, so I was surprised but he had my name but he said that if one time one of those sales companies would call me than my name would be out there.
Anyway, he said he had this couple, Gina and Rick Thompson from North Lake Tajo. Mr. Dean said he is a broker and that he only finances to the people that wants to buy, and he told me how much money these people made, the credit score, their professions, etc. and a true broker would not release that information, more so without me asking it.
Anyway, he said that the process was simple, the people needed to accept my offer, then a company in Chicago would make the closing and that they would be recording a phone convesation to be sure that everything was accepted. I told him that it was ok, but I rather do that closing when time comes, at my attorney and if that Company in Chicago could deal directly with him and first he told me he couldn't understand my English, hahha, then when I said it again and he told me that then I needed to give him my attorney's name right then, I told him no, that the people didn't even had the offer so it was not necessary, and then he goe very defensive and he star attacking me and wanted to talk to my husband to see if it was true that he also wanted to sell, I told him at due time and got upset and told me the deal if off.
Meanwhile while talking you could hear that he was smoking and smoking and smoking, and as far as I know, I don't believe in any office they would let people smoke.
Be aware I am sure that it is a scam, because if it were not, they wouldn't have any problem to have the closing at my attorney's office.

• Xo
    Xoxoxoxo777 Aug 27, 2013

Yes this man is also on Craigslist trying to scam ppl by wanting you to cash his certified check sent in the mail (for an item that your selling) that will clear your bank but will bounce after a week or so. He will state that he will give you extra money and money to send to a person that will pick up your item...he wants you to go to walmart and send the rest of the money to the person that will pick up the item...major scam...basically your giving him cash out of your bank account the check doesn't have a paper trail after awhile
    Beware of Mike Dean or Michael Dean or [email protected]