Posted:

Deceptive Scam

Resveratrol Ultra
Resveratrol Ultra AND, from having since checked, several other companies are running a scam for "free trials" of various resveratrol products -- Resveratrol Ultra is the one that scammed me. You see recommendations of resveratrol (NOT the products being shilled by the crooks) from "60 Minutes" or "Dr. Oz" etc that are made to look as though they are endorsing the product. Even if you notice the fine print that the products aren't being recommended, you have nothing to lose (you think) except the shipping charges which I've seen range from ninety-nine cents to $5.95. You provide your credit card number, get billed the advertised shipping and handling fee, and receive the product as promised.

Then, it happens. You get: a) billed $87 for the FIRST bottle (i.e., your free trial) and -- if you don't notice that on your statement, you are shortly thereafter billed for a second "auto-shipped" bottle. Where was anything about either mentioned? In regard to the billing for the first bottle, I still don't know. That appears a naked theft without cover of even fine print. The autoship, however, comes under the "Terms and Conditions" -- a small print hyperlink that appears at the bottom of the line.

Resveratrol Ultra, allegedly from Hollywood, Fl., is billed from GBR and [protected]. You can discontinue auto-ship from the thick accented Indians you'll reach at that number, but it's best also to close and reopen your credit card account under a new number. As for a refund, you can -- if you persist long enough -- be told that one is in the works and to call back again in two days (for yet more hassle and delay). I doubt that you or I will receive one. It appears to be a delaying tactic until the crooks move on to avoid prosecution.
Complaint comments Comments (12) Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams

Comments

N     0 Votes
Resveratrol Ultra- The 14 day trial was worth it and easy to cancel. The part I did not appreciate was all the auto-dialing marketing calls to my cell phone that when answered no one was ever there and no messages left. They said they use a marketing company that the phone numbers get automatically called. They want you to call back and that is what I did in order to get them to stop. After 3 weeks, it finally stopped. Thank god I had unlimited minutes, but what a pain!

Cypress
Texas

This whole experience was shady to me. Got 14 day free ($.99) trial. They shipped first order immediately on the 14th day from the 1st shipment (not from date I would have received first shipment). This is a 30 day supply per shipment, but they sent the THIRD shipment exactly two weeks after the second shipment. So I'm getting charged $87.13 every two weeks! On top of that, I never even received the third shipment, even though they did provide a USPS tracking number verifying delivery.

As with everyone else, couldn't get through on 800 number. Online chat worked (www.shipmentassistance.com) but she just kept repeating that their website clearly stated the trial period was 30 days. Didn't see (and not sure if it's there, because the only way to see the contract is place another trial order), that the 30 day return policy applies to each and every bottle - not just the initial order.

I understand that I have to pay for what I received, but this is a very shady way of doing business. And I could tell by the way the online chat person was answering my questions that they (the company) know it. My account has been cancelled, someone else is "enjoying" my third shipment of vitamins, and I'm out $180. Besides the fact that I'm seeing Resveratrol all over the place now for MUCH less (even Walgreens carries it), I didn't see any benefits from it. To the contrary, it gave me indigestion and severe bloating.
A     0 Votes
They did the exact same thing to a friend of mind who ordered for me as a gift -- what a scam!!! I thank you for your comments and feedback. I will be SURE to follow up with them -- again and again -- to get the refund!!!
A     0 Votes
They sent me an empty box! Then I called them to tell them to cancel, They sent me nothing, and I never wanted to receive anything from them...they said they had to ship a correct shipment and then I need to return it. I said dont you DARE send me anything. I asked to speak with a manager. Was put on hold a while, and the same girl got back on trying to disguise her voice and said they were charging the card now! for 87.13 while I am screaming dont you dare !, and she says at that point, in 2 days someone would contact me about how to get a refund! I am so dumbfounded I cant even explain. I fell for a package deal of Dermapril and Resveratrol, and they are both trying to steal my money. I called Chase, and told them I was part of a scam, and before I said the name ...they said Resvertrol and dermapril. Could be one of the worst messes that I have ever got myself into. DO NOT ORDER THE FREE SAMPLE!!!
N     0 Votes
Yes, this company is a total sham! But keep persisting and insisting on your refund. I finally did receive my refund after about three weeks of constant calls. I told them on numerous occasions that their company engaged in dishonest practices and I would alert the media if I didn't get my money back. It worked. I did finally get my refund and the account cancelled. But it's just disgusting that you have to even deal with a company like this in the first place! Buyers beware!
N     0 Votes
That's true. There no such thing as 'free'. Some products sold online includes several hidden fees. Better be extra careful so you'll not be waste your money again. For your inquiries about fwm lab products, call 866-949-0138. This help line really works.

Reseveratrol Ultra - Deceptive On-line Selling Practices
Memphis
Tennessee

Reseveratrol Ultra appears to be a scam. I have tried to call their 1 800 number several times - no one ever answers the phone. They use Barbara Walters name and 60 Minutes. Surprising because both of their representatives should complain. They send you the "free sample" + shipping. No problem there. The fine print says you can return within 15 days from the date of shipping but you don't get the product for 4- 5 weeks, which per their on-line agreement you have no recourse. They bill your credit card for product you don't get. Appears to be a 100% scam. Buyer beware.

FWM LAB
Hollywood
Florida

BEWARE--- RESVERATROL ULTRA----- COLON CLEANSE--- BIO LAB WRINKLE CREAME--- ACIA BERRY--- ALL THE SAME COMPANY... ITS ALL A SCAM... NO--- SUCH THING AS A FREE TRIAL
N     0 Votes
I canceled right after I ordered. Some telemarketer called me to "confirm" my order two days after I placed it online. I told them on that phone call, which was supposedly recorded, NOT to charge me for anything except the $.99 and then I hung up on them. For some reason they cannot find the recording, have no record of their telemarketer calling me, and certainly did not receive my cancellation. What a ripoff. Does anyone have the address to "send back" my "free" trial? I could hardly understand the Indian "supervisor" on the other end of the phone.

Thanks!
A     0 Votes
I am in the dispute process with my bank right now. Hope this works!!!

Reseveratrol Ultra - Difficult to cancel - fishy policy

THIS IS A SCAM, PLEASE DON'T FALL FOR IT. I READ THE WARNINGS AFTER I WAS GIVEN THE RUN AROUND ABOUT CANCELLING MY ORDER. THEY AUTOMATICALLY CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT. I FINALLY DISCONTINUED MY CARD, NOW THEY CALL ME DAILY AND I CAN PUT THEM ON HOLD FOR HOURS. PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM.
A     0 Votes
Reseveratrol ultra is a scam, please check into this before placing your order to avoid being ripped off. You will never get your money back, everything this company represents is a LIE. Thank you to the first comment person I will be closing my account before anymore damage is done.

Sincerely don't do it!!!