Requestagrant.comGRANTS FREE

T

I WANT THE GOVERNMENT TO TAKE DOWN REQUESTAGRANT.COM FOR FRAUDING OUR FAIR CITIZENS OF THE USA. PLEASE GET THIS TO THE AUTHORITIES!! THANK YOU!!

• Go
    Good Car Jun 14, 2010

Firefox upgrade will help combat phishing

Some good news for Firefox users: the upcoming version 2.0 of the browser will include built-in protection against phishing scams. The new version is expected to be available after the middle of the year with a non-phishing beta available as early as next month. The technology at this stage is expected to be based on code provided by Google, but that is not fixed at this point.

The phishing shields use a variety of techniques to protect against online scams. These include blacklists of known fraudulent web sites, white lists of good sites, and analysis of web addresses.

The anti-phishing tool will be a plug-in so it can also be replaced by another tool if the user has a favorite. Other expected features include better and stronger digital certificate support.

If you use Google as your search engine, you might have noticed that some of the usual hits you have been getting are not being shown anymore. I was talking to one local travel provider who told me that the redevelopment of the Google search engine has affected a number of businesses. Normally listed in the top one or two for hits, his site has been missing off the list altogether.

Maverick Jul 27, 2009

They called me several times after an internet request for information. They wanted to send me a disc concerning information on how to apply for a government grant. They would not charge for the disc, just a measly $1.95 for shipping. I refused to give them my credit card number since they do not have a call back number. I went through this whole process a second time and told them again why I am not interested. I have since then received several more calls during the week and about 15 calls this Saturday. They hung up when I asked to speak to a supervisor.

So, do not leave your phone number and/or email address to receive info. So far I have not succeeded in stopping their calls.

• Mr
    mrsselbywilson May 22, 2009

I believe that everyone has a right to their owhn opinion

• Na
    nancy meeks Apr 04, 2009

March 27, 2009 I received the same call it went like this.
    "This message is from the Cash Grant Institue in Washington D.C. Our phone number is [protected]. This is not a sales call. We are calling to let you know about free grant money available from the Federal, state and local governments. In addition, we are calling to let you know if you qualify for money from public & private foundations and non profit organizations as well as money from wealthy individuals who give away money to people like you to help you overcome your financial problems. Over 50 million dollars is waiting to be given away right now. You may be eligible to receive up to $25, 000.00 in government, private that you would never have to repay.The quickest way to get access to some of the grant money is to go to requestagrant.com That is 'r -e -q -u -e -s -t -a -g -r -a -n -t -dot -c o m'(it was spelled out) In order to qualify, you will need to have a valid email and a telephone number. Go to request a grant . com For additional information, call our Capitol Hill Office at [protected]" I went to google and clicked around viewing some of the top searches checking each out quickly. Luckily I found this web site and it confirmed what I thought to be the case! Another "to good to be true" kind of thing.

jordan Mar 26, 2009

i really aint sure wat to think about this but if it a scam pls stop the calls and if not a scam pls contact me back thanks

• Je
    Jessica Mar 26, 2009

Ok, add me to the list..I just got the same call about grants, but I didnt even bother to call the number back. I typed in the web addy, and 2 links down, found this website all about them, Im so glad I read this first! I pretty much knew it was a scam to begin with, but one could only hope, ya know? I am a single mom, on disability, and struggling sumthing terrible..its easy for them to get your e-mail address, and even easier to get your phone number anymore. I have spent hours on the computer trying to find work from hom deal that are actually legit, and so far, I havent found anything. I keep running into theses deals where they claim its free for the cd, all you have to do is pay $1.95 for S&H...what you dont catch cuz its in such small print, is the rules where once they have your debit info, after 7 or 30 days, they charge you a $50 member ship fee, on top of other fees, I suppose the trick is is to cancel b4 the 7 days is up, or so I have read from other ppl, but it doesnt matter, cuz once they have your bank info, you are screwed. These idiots and scammers have been around for yrs, probably as long as the internet has, but with the economy getting as bad as it is, its only going to get worse, there are so many ppl out there hurting, that they will fall for it. Everyday, I get TONS of e-mails saying I have wont a lottery, in the UK, or money waiting for me in Nigeria, or Africa, even some are claiming to be a yahoo lottery. I get very convincing e-mails who say they are form the FBI. When I first started searching for the grants, I did order the cd, got it, installed it on my puter, and got tons of viruses, thank god I was able to have it fixed. No matter what it is, if you have to pay ANY money up front, I dont care if it is ONLY $1.00...ITS A SCAM!!! EWhat I do now, is just google the website, scroll down the page, and if its a scam, it wont take you long to read blogs from ppl, just like this website. Always check something out b4 doing anything, and for god sakes, NEVER NEVER give out any personal info like bank accts, b-dates b4 you have checked it out, you can also check them out with Better Business Beuro {SP}?? LOL...if its a legit company, they will tell you. It makes me so mad that there are ppl out there sittting back just laughing there butts off at the ppl who actually do fall for these scams, only becuz they are desperate to save thier homes, pay the light bill, or put food on the table. There is nothing worse that sitting there worryin about how you will feed your babies, or keep a roof over there heads, and when you get desperate enough, you will try almost anything sometimes. If anyone knows a legit work from home deal, PLEASE let me know, I would reallyl ike ot try it, becuz what I recieve just isnt enough to cover my bills. God bless, and becareful!!! Jessica in TN

• Ca
    carolyn streater Mar 23, 2009

After receiving the phone call that so many people have gotten, I went on line. I never got past the home page because of so many complaints.
    THANK YOU fellow "we can NOT be scammed" artists!!!
    Now is NOT the time to wave phony money offers in front of my face!!!

• Do
    Donna Mar 19, 2009

IT seems to me they prey on the one's they know need the money. Everyone should call the BBB in Washington and file a report. Plus I am sending my complaint to the comment line at the White House itself. Maybe they are affiliated with AIG ?????

• Da
    David Mar 18, 2009

Just wanted people to know that these ### are still calling. Got a call today, 03/18/09.

• Wa
    Wanda Harper Mar 17, 2009

I received the same call on March 16th @11:39 am as you all did i went to the web site and found it was just another scam . The law should get involved in this and put requestagrant.com out of business ..

Tony Mar 16, 2009

Yep, they tried the stupid scam on me too. I've been getting all sorts of these lately. Is anyone doing anything about these?

• Pn
    pnap Mar 13, 2009

SAME THING HERE...WENT TO LOCAL POLICE WHO SUGGESTED BRINGING IT TO POST OFFICE, THEY SHOULD BE INTERESTED SINCE IT IS MAIL FRAUD. ONMY WAY THERE THIS MORNING AND IF THEY DO NOT GIVE ME SOME TYPE OF SATISFACTION NEXT STEP WILL BE STATES ATTORNEY GENERAL. SOMEONE MUST PUT A STOP TO THESE SCAM ARTISTS

• Pn
    pnap Mar 13, 2009

I got the same check in the mail...police not interested but if you go to your local post office they should be...it is mail fraud

• St
    Stephen Mar 08, 2009

Lots of news article on these grant scams published recently:

"At a press conference this week, a representative from the Federal Trade Commission admonished online media companies to "monitor their sites for scam ads and get rid of them."

Get your (not-so) free grant money
    What's the deal with those stimulus scams that are all over the Internet?

Make sure you report these scams to the FTC here:

• Yj
    Y. J Yang Mar 08, 2009

Who is giving my unpublished telephone number to those hustlers?

• Ts
    tsr502 Mar 08, 2009

I too received this same call and voice message advising I was eligible for grant money that I did not have to repay! I decided to log-on to their website only to find a number of individuals received the same call and was a fraud. Thank you to everyone who posted a message as I can not afford to be taken!

• Ry
    rykelle Mar 04, 2009

i just got the exact same phone call and exact same number. i was about to start to fill out the sign up page when i decided to look it up and see if anybody had reported scams coming from this site and sure enough there were...exited immidiately

• De
    Denise Mar 03, 2009

03/03/09 got a call today from [protected], visited the website, they wanted 2.29 for shipping and handling, i had already given my name and cell number-but skipped the other info-backed out when it requested cc#, and decided to check them out, i'm so glad i saw these postings.

• Ji
    Jim Fruth Feb 27, 2009

Check out the domain registration information on requestagrant.com that sounds so American and you'll find it's location in China: Domain Leasing Company, Shenzhen Futian Anlian - 4018 Jin Tian Road, Shenzhen, Futian District, CN 518026

• Sh
    Sherry Feb 27, 2009

I too am on the do not call list and got the same call from the same number. I tried to call back and it was a recording saying all reps are busy or it is after office hours. I have been scammed before. Do these peolpe not know if you can't afford to pay your bill these days that you cant afford any extra money to be taken out of you bank account. If I had an extra 25 dollar I would put it on my medical bill.

• Pd
    pdausch Feb 26, 2009

Received detailed message about being eligible for free grant money. Very smooth. Call originated from [protected], Washington, DC.

Be careful with this one. I've been called twice, and I'm on the Do Not Call list. That's obviously working well for us here in NH!

• Th
    The Engineer Feb 23, 2009

Since I apply for real grants, which by the way do not cost anything, I knew they were calling me with a scam. The real address for grants is "grants.gov" . It is a lot more difficult to get a grant then they are leading you to think. If anyone ever asks for money or personal information on the phone or email it is simply not true. It takes several months to secure a real grant and you have to have a legitimate goal in mind.

Best Regards,
    The Engineer

• Mi
    minister franklin Feb 21, 2009

I got not only one check, but three. What I did was take the checks to my bank and have them check to make sure they were real. My bank reported those checks to the fraud department of the bank. Thank God I was not out any money. I receive e-mails saying that I either won money or that someone in other countries are trying to give me money if I submit personal information. I received the call about a the grant money on a prepaid cell phone that very few people have the number to. Before I act on anything I remember what my mother told me. 'If it seems to good to be true, then it's not true'
    We should have a way to post scams like this with the media so the people at greater risk will know.

mark Feb 21, 2009

Great! This organization's domain is registered in China. So much for 'Washington DC'

Administrator:

jessicacanady Feb 21, 2009

They called me too.

mardi Feb 18, 2009

2-19-09
    They're still at it. I received two recorded messages this afternoon about the requestagrant.com., telephone # [protected]. I was skeptical and I agree with everyone. Thanks

• Ab
    Abraham Arop Feb 18, 2009

I received several calls on this grant in every time. I gave my name and address, phone #, e-mail address and date of birth. Hopefully my privacy information still private.
    Abraham Arop ([email protected]) [protected]

Thank you .

• Le
    lekh Feb 17, 2009

I just get call from requestagrent.com, they are offering me for 25k to get cheque. How they get my no ?
    They may be scam.

• Le
    lekh Feb 17, 2009

I also get get a telephone from [protected] today.How they get no ?
    Such kind of crime should be eliminated . ON the name of government they become reach. government should make plane to eliminete such kind of crime in US

• Pr
    prabhat Feb 15, 2009

I just got a call this afternoon stating I was eligible for a $ 25, 000 grant money for free!!! When I saw the unknown number on my phone I just cancelled the call and guess what; they called me back again and left a message on my voicemail. The message prompted me to this site. My point is that the people responsible for calls like these are criminals as they use the Federal Government for their scams, to cheat innocent people. But sadly nothing seems to have been done about it !!!

Jodie Clough Feb 15, 2009

I live in Michigan and recieved the call from requestagrant and didn't even attempt to see the website thanks to all of your complaints. This whole thing sounds great at first because of the whole stimulus bill thing. People really think the government just hands out money, LOL LOL! I f anyone is really serious about pursuing a true GRANT, YOU have to do several steps including drawing up a perposal, get an true LENDER (one specific to your interest), get all the facts to back up your perposal (which includes alot of research, time and showing true need for the grant), and so many other steps I won't list them all. So, people there are places to get grants through, but make sure you are dealing with a Legititame grant lender.

• Cy
    Cynthia Feb 13, 2009

I am so glad I read this.I got the call today, february 13th, 2009!They are still out there trying to scam people.I recently lost my home and had to file for bankruptcy.There is no end to how low these parasites will go to rip off hard working, struggling folks just trying to get by.lets all write to our representatives!

• Rf
    R.FIELDS Feb 12, 2009

I want to thank everyone for posting this blog for the information. I as well received a phone call today from 202/683/1435 and provided me the website to go to and as I was looking up the information I seen this blog as well and decided to read it before actually going on the website, I am glad I did thanks a lot everyone for the feedback

• Re
    Renee Feb 12, 2009

Yes I just got the same call([protected])today 02-12-09 and since I dont have a computer at home I came to library to see whats up with the site because it just seemed to good to be true!I got side tracked by this site and came here first. Its real messed up how they can just try and play the average hard working american and be ok with it. Thank you and every one else just be blessed you came to this site first before you did any thing else! Know what goes around comes around! Karma will get them sooner or later.

• Az
    azcyd Feb 06, 2009

I just got the call! Thank You all for enlightening me! I don't need any more issues in my life. How did they get my cell phone number to begine with?

t-oni Feb 06, 2009

every one who is being lied to should complaint

t-oni Feb 06, 2009

this is wrong these people from this phone number is calling me a bout grants from ([protected]) they are scaming people so u can buy there cd. someone should do something about this. i was thinking at first it was real but every time i would call i would get the same answering service . people are going through a hard time they need to stop playing games...!

• Mo
    momofagrad Feb 05, 2009

I just recieved this phone call and I wanted to research before going to the website. Glad this information is here; I have a daughter graduating in May so I am looking for grants and scholarships but this is uncalled for. Can the government do anything to stop these calls the number was given and came across from Washington DC. Definitely don't need scams those that take advantage of those in need are disgusting human beings.

• Sh
    Sheryl Middleton Feb 05, 2009

I received a phone call today from [protected] telling me to go to requestagrant.com and I could get some help with my finances. I would love for this to be true, but I don not believe this. I think this is very wrong to get up peoples hope that are having a hard time. How do they get our cell phone numbers? What can we do to stop this sort of things from happening to ourselves and to others?.

• El
    ell Feb 04, 2009

HI I ALSO RECEIVE EMAILS, PHONE CALLS FORM [email protected] NOWASHINGTON DC. I ALMOST FELL FOR THIS. SINCE NO ONE EVERY ANSWERED THE PHONE I DID SOME CATCHING WITH GRANTS.GOV AND USA.GOV. THEY HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THE CASH GRANT INSTITUTE. NO ONE CAN GET A GRANT IN AWEEK .PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR ANY THING IT IS A SCAM